Can I remove a modifier from tico?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Leveled up the thingy, got auto smelt. I love it, but I can't get coal anymore, and I'm not getting another pick just for that.. Any way to remove auto smelt? Damn iguana, it's awesome, but it really messed me up xD (already spent a ton of redstone and lapis, not making another pick..)

Or maybe if there is a black list for the autosmelt...?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't a way to remove modifiers. I wish there were. I hate getting fire aspect on every single sword i make, as suddenly endermen are impossible to kill. However, there is a config to turn off specific modifiers for the random level-up additions.

Iguana tweaks said:
##########################################################################################################
# randombonuses
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Leveling Module: Allows to completely deactivate specific modifiers on levelup.
##########################################################################################################

randombonuses {
B:allowAttack=false
B:allowAutosmelt=false
B:allowBaneOfArthropods=false
B:allowBeheading=true
B:allowCritical=true
B:allowDiamond=true
B:allowEmerald=true
B:allowFiery=true
B:allowJagged=true
B:allowKnockback=true
B:allowLifeSteal=true
B:allowLuckLooting=true
B:allowRedstone=true
B:allowReinforced=true
B:allowRepair=true
B:allowSilkTouch=false
B:allowSmite=true
B:allowStonebound=true
}
That little snipet was taken from the Ftb Departed configs under "Iguana Tinker Tweaks" in the "main" file.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
There isn't a way to remove modifiers. I wish there were. I hate getting fire aspect on every single sword i make, as suddenly endermen are impossible to kill. However, there is a config to turn off specific modifiers for the random level-up additions.

That little snipet was taken from the Ftb Departed configs under "Iguana Tinker Tweaks" in the "main" file.

God damn it, guess I'll have to mess around with an nbt tag modifier.. Thanks man

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
never mind, found something better:

B:registerCoalForSmelting=false

on the big reactors cfg.. No more graphite from coal ore, guess I'm keeping auto smelt..

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
there was a feature being coded that would allow you to remove modifiers, but sadly it was never finished.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I might just be being dim, but I vaguely remember being able to do it in the MFR disechanter(?)

I remember getting Silk Touch on a TiCo pick and then disenchanting it to get the book. It might be restricted to vanilla or MFR enchants though.

Reactions: gold49

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
This is one of those cases where one is better off just changing all the random modifer tags to extra slots upon level-up. :p

Sent from my Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron using Tapatalk 2

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I might just be being dim, but I vaguely remember being able to do it in the MFR disechanter(?)

I remember getting Silk Touch on a TiCo pick and then disenchanting it to get the book. It might be restricted to vanilla or MFR enchants though.
Iirc, that just let you make as many silk touch, fortune, etc enchanted books as you wanted. It got fixed rather quickly.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Iirc, that just let you make as many silk touch, fortune, etc enchanted books as you wanted. It got fixed rather quickly.

Different machines.

There's one you feed a supply of power, mob essence and books and it'll create random enchanted books. There's another that will strip enchantments off items and give you them in book form.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Different machines.

There's one you feed a supply of power, mob essence and books and it'll create random enchanted books. There's another that will strip enchantments off items and give you them in book form.
No, pretty sure i know what machine we're talking about. The MFR auto-disenchanter at one time could "strip" the fortune, silk touch, etc off of tinkers' tools to make enchanted books. Because of the way that tinkers' tools worked the tools never actually lost they're modifiers. I can't remember if the bug was early 1.7 or 1.6 though, but they fixed it pretty quickly.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
No, pretty sure i know what machine we're talking about. The MFR auto-disenchanter at one time could "strip" the fortune, silk touch, etc off of tinkers' tools to make enchanted books. Because of the way that tinkers' tools worked the tools never actually lost they're modifiers. I can't remember if the bug was early 1.7 or 1.6 though, but they fixed it pretty quickly.
Yeah, removing the enchant doesn't remove the modifier. And Tinkers' tools have a sort of a sanity check where you can fix incorrect NBT data by placing the tool in a crafting grid by itself. So if the "Silk Touch I" line disappears but the tool still has the Silky Jewel in it you can get the silk touch back.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
lol and how you will graphite now? charcoal?

Yeah, charcoal... Or I'll just cheat it in and replace the coal.. It's not like I will need a ton of graphite either.. And only from that run with the auto smelt (10 minutes) and no config changes, I got like 4 stacks of graphite.. AutoSmelt+Luck is seriously OP... It's basically almost ore tripling without even wasting energy and time or doing it.. It's a little bit less efficient than ore tripling, like.. maybe it's 2.5X the ores, but it's still better than most things xD Until I have my 4x mekanism setup, this will be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, charcoal... Or I'll just cheat it in and replace the coal.. It's not like I will need a ton of graphite either.. And only from that run with the auto smelt (10 minutes) and no config changes, I got like 4 stacks of graphite.. AutoSmelt+Luck is seriously OP... It's basically almost ore tripling without even wasting energy and time or doing it.. It's a little bit less efficient than ore tripling, like.. maybe it's 2.5X the ores, but it's still better than most things xD Until I have my 4x mekanism setup, this will be awesome.
It works out to be 2.2 ingots per ore for metals, exactly like fortuning diamonds, emeralds, regular coal or nether quartz.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Auto-smelt would be a great effect to add to an AoE weapon.

Set it off in a field of cows and you have an instant all-you-can eat steak buffet :)

Y

Yoshim

Leveled up the thingy, got auto smelt. I love it, but I can't get coal anymore, and I'm not getting another pick just for that.. Any way to remove auto smelt? Damn iguana, it's awesome, but it really messed me up xD (already spent a ton of redstone and lapis, not making another pick..)

Or maybe if there is a black list for the autosmelt...?

I know I'm late for this, just started playing Project Ozone 2, but using the Disenchantor from Draconic Evolution will technically remove it. It'll still say it's silky with silk touch but I can break red stone so it technically worked