FTB Departed Released

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
To all the people who want mods to be added, you know you can add your own mods right... I mean i don't necessarily recommend it if you want to play fair, or on a server, but if you truly want more, add it.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
THANK YOU SO MUCH. I had to force update and then it worked. but how did you know I needed to update :?
The log had your launcher version in it.

Edit: didn't see the extra page there, thanks padfoote

Reactions: Padfoote

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
ah I see. also I cant help but wonder what the things on the top right are

Here's a description of what they are:
http://adventofascension.gamepedia.com/Resource_Guides

The pack is based around Advent of Ascension, so that wiki is great for all the key gameplay mechanics :)

Pretty much, out of the things in the top right, the main ones you're interested in for the early game are:
  • The leftmost one, heat - If the star is gold you have a passive chance of critical hits, stand near torches or campfires to warm up, &
  • The second leftmost one, tribute. If you manage to fill up one of these bars by completing certain tasks during the day, for the following night you have a buff associated with that task (haste for mining ores, strength for killing mobs, etc.)

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
This is my first time trying NeverMine:AoA. It's neat, and has lots of stuff to do. The first few hours of gameplay were a little frustrating, but I'm getting used to it and gearing up.

Three needs:
The Skill Guide book is incomplete (ends after infusion or the one after that). Bug or just in-progress?
It really needs NEI support for it's special stuff.
Maybe needs another book highlighting what paths there are to take in the mod; or the how-to-survive book could include a very brief summary about paths to take at the end.

Is there an official Wiki? That would lessen some of the preceding needs.
Is there a lot of stuff on any given wiki that would be considered spoilers (frame of reference: I consider revealing thaumcraft tech tree to be spoilers, but revealing IC2/MFR/RotaryCraft tech trees to not be spoilers)?

Edit: Saw @electrifeye's post after submitting this one. Nice wiki. Spoiler question stands, though.

Edit2: Need storage-block forms of all the metals.

Edit3: Infinite Iron Glitch is present as mentioned on the wiki.

Last edited:
Reactions: Retec

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
This is my first time trying NeverMine:AoA. It's neat, and has lots of stuff to do. The first few hours of gameplay were a little frustrating, but I'm getting used to it and gearing up.

Three needs:
The Skill Guide book is incomplete (ends after infusion or the one after that). Bug or just in-progress?
It really needs NEI support for it's special stuff.
Maybe needs another book highlighting what paths there are to take in the mod; or the how-to-survive book could include a very brief summary about paths to take at the end.

Is there an official Wiki? That would lessen some of the preceding needs.
Is there a lot of stuff on any given wiki that would be considered spoilers (frame of reference: I consider revealing thaumcraft tech tree to be spoilers, but revealing IC2/MFR/RotaryCraft tech trees to not be spoilers)?

Edit: Saw @electrifeye's post after submitting this one. Nice wiki. Spoiler question stands, though.

Edit2: Need storage-block forms of all the metals.

Edit3: Infinite Iron Glitch is present as mentioned on the wiki.
The thing is with the books is we only had the idea to do them like two weeks before the release date. I had started on the skills book to get acquainted with enchiridion then switched over to the starting book so players had some sort of knowledge right away. They're very incomplete right now.

NEI support is likely easier said than done. Tooltips may eventually be a thing though through the magic that is minetweaker. Things like the level you need to be to make a certain rune in the rune's tip, and what dimension the post belongs to on the post's tip. Also, on all items there will be a tip saying what dimension they belong to. So if you want to go to, say, barathos, its realmstone would say Found in: Runandor. But that won't be for a while.

for the paths, I won't tell you what to do. It's a linear-branching sort of progression. You will however get a book from the realmstone and be able to use that to suss what you need before tackling the thing head-on. It will also talk about all the mobs and items, as well as the dimensions "connected" to it. Eventually the idea is to make it so if you want to go somewhere, you can look in-game to see where you need to go first and what you should get. For example, the Vox Ponds. Before you step foot in there you need a hamat suit. That isn't just a suggestion. It's a requirement. You'll be able to see in the vox ponds realmstone's tooltip that it's found in Gardencia. Looking in the gardencia book, you find that you need to kill carrotops(I think) to get the realmstone. Once you get the stone you craft the vox ponds book which tells you about the hazmat armor in the prerequisites. Looking up the recipes, you see you need rockbones from the Deeplands and mystite from the Mysterium to make it. Gonna be awesome when it's done.

Iron glitch should be fixed in the next version and I have no clue why there aren't storage blocks available.

Reactions: Physicist

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure the buffs from having a full tribute bar are working correctly. I see the buff on my inventory screen is all.
The haste 3 buff doesn't seem to grant any actual haste except that my arm swings comically fast.
The regen 2 buff didn't give me even a half-heart over a few minutes.

Edit: I haven't ever gotten anything from using the green glitter thing's stones on an infusion altar. I've used enough stones to get to level 16. Normal?
The Ninja Stars and Lifestealing frisbees aren't stacking together when purchased in separate transactions, so I'm left with partial stacks of each.
I've got about 30 assassin NPCs wandering around. They're multiplying, whereas I see small packs of the other NPCs that eventually go away and their population never grows.
Is there a bugtracker?

Last edited:

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
I wondered why I had so many assassins in my world :p...

As for the buffs, I'm not sure - the haste and regen buffs seemed to work for me when I had them.

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
I'm not sure the buffs from having a full tribute bar are working correctly. I see the buff on my inventory screen is all.
The haste 3 buff doesn't seem to grant any actual haste except that my arm swings comically fast.
The regen 2 buff didn't give me even a half-heart over a few minutes.

Edit: I haven't ever gotten anything from using the green glitter thing's stones on an infusion altar. I've used enough stones to get to level 16. Normal?
The Ninja Stars and Lifestealing frisbees aren't stacking together when purchased in separate transactions, so I'm left with partial stacks of each.
I've got about 30 assassin NPCs wandering around. They're multiplying, whereas I see small packs of the other NPCs that eventually go away and their population never grows.
Is there a bugtracker?
The buffs work perfectly for me. Don't know what could cause them to derp like that.
The power stones are rather uncommon. A bit too uncommon if you ask me.
The stars and such should stack with each other. I'll look to see if I can replicate the bug.

EDIT: there is an issue here, but not from multiple transactions. Looks like when you use a stack of stars, an NBT tag gets put on it. An unused stack of stars and a seperate used stack won't stack with it. Don't know what the tag does, but here's the data for a used stack of stars:

<nevermine:SliceStar>.withTag({lastShotTime: 5598 as long}) * 1

Also, the stupid amount of assassins is because other merchants despawn, but assassins don't. So they'll continually spawn and cause swarms of them everywhere.

Last edited:

theonelego

Jul 29, 2019
hahah the more I play AOA the more it makes me think of Terraria. any one eles? maybe its just the art and that I've put like 500 hours plus in to that game

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
hahah the more I play AOA the more it makes me think of Terraria. any one eles? maybe its just the art and that I've put like 500 hours plus in to that game
That occurred to me as well. It's even similar to how you can't go get your stuff on Terraria Medium-Core without backup gear.

danny75

Jul 29, 2019
AoA has 27 unique bosses. In smp, if one player kills a given boss...then do any of the other players get the opportunity to fight that same boss somewhere down the line...or not?

electrifeye

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I can tell from my playthrough, most of them are summoned somehow and so can be summoned again in future. So yes, you should be fine.

LordSlyFox

Jul 29, 2019
AoA has 27 unique bosses. In smp, if one player kills a given boss...then do any of the other players get the opportunity to fight that same boss somewhere down the line...or not?
You can fight em all, or at least you should be able to, so you are fine.

theonelego

Jul 29, 2019
ah. is there some way to see your skill levels? also. doesn't any one eles feel like there should be some kind of skill that you level up as you fight that gives you buff? hunting doesn't seem to

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Hunting is leveled by killing the event mobs and certain more powerful mobs, and is required to kill harder ones. I, for example, ran into mobs from a spawner in a structure on a beach and another in the nether that I can't even damage until I get to much higher levels.

You level tinker's weapons by damaging mobs, so that gives a bit of the 'xp to get stronger' feel. You also get drops to build better armor (or sometimes full pieces of armor) from some mobs in exotic biomes or deep underground. The moon dust from full moon mobs is important to useful tech like enderchests and bags, and enables longer mining and hunting trips.

In short, you do get stronger by killing mobs, it's just more roundabout and interesting than kill mobs to level one skill.

Retec

Jul 29, 2019
Exactly how rare is Sapphire? I've been strip mining levels 5, 6, 7, 8 for a while and found plenty of Amethyst, Jade and Rosite, (and of course, an actual full barrel of Limonite) but not a single block of Sapphire. Is it biome dependent?

Nickoladze

Jul 29, 2019
Loving the pack so far. How much of a lag should we expect between AoA updates and modpack updates? Looking forward to Candyland and (hopefully) some bug fixes.

I've had a lot of luck finding Sapphire while mining on Bedrock level. Seems to spawn best around 4-6.

Watchful11

Forum Addict
Team Member
Third Party Pack Admin
Nov 6, 2012
In the long term, hopefully a day or two. This one is taking a bit more since there's still some balance stuff to be worked out with tinkers.