BuildCraft Quarry

Glyth84

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to alter the block list for what the BC Quarry mines? Ex- In my current single player world, my quarries unearthed a fortress and I want to leave it intact. Is there anyway to get the quarry to leave it alone other than placing bedrock on top of all the chambers and hallways? I've attempted to locate the config file for the quarry, but have found nothing in any of my config files that directly effect the quarry, which seems odd to me. Maybe I am just looking in the wrong folders/files?

Hea3veN

Jul 29, 2019
There's no blacklist/whitelist for the quarry, it would be weird having the quarry arm go through the non mined blocks to reach the blocks underneath.Your best option is probably to use the filler to remove large chunks of land around it and then mine the rest by hand.

Glyth84

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you for the reply. I wasn't overly worried about mining the blocks under the fortress, as long as the structure itself stayed intact. But thank you for the suggestion.

Glyth84

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I am wanting to leave it intact, is I was going to move my base into the fort. Use it for my operations that way I was right next to the end portal when I get to the point of needing it.

Glyth84

Jul 29, 2019
I agree. My long-term plan is to use that room as my "portal" room for all my in game portals, nether, end, twilight etc...

asiekierka

Over-Achiever
Mod Developer
Dec 24, 2013
If a mod wants unbreakable blocks, they can capture BlockBreakEvents OR use the same tricks bedrock does. Those work reliably across BuildCraft.