Recent Events Discussion (RED) Thread

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech 5.08.18 , now with black magic! (and many other things like working processing arrays)
rab0Cyil.png

Enable it on OverpoweredStuff.cfg
So, by "Overpowered Stuff" you mean "stuff a sane person would consider well balanced." ;)
It's GregTech; what was I expecting? Dirt-to-diamonds? :p

Reactions: RedBoss

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What's this? Unstable Tinker's Construct tools? O.O

CF_VxMIW0AE2G9Y.jpg
My guess: You have to make the parts in a smeltery, by melting down diamonds, iron an an activated Division Sigil (gives enough molten sigil for 256 unstable ingots). Cast the parts normally; they will explode after being in your inventory for ten seconds or when dropped on the ground (so make sure you have inventory space when you click the casting table), but they do not explode when you close any given GUI, unlike regular unstable ingots. Also make sure you have a tool station/forge nearby.

Either that, or just use Mobius Ingots (made with a Pseudo-Inversion Sigil... Tema recently renamed them that, right?) in the part builder.

Reactions: Type1Ninja

Planetguy

Jul 29, 2019
The Forge people could do a breaking release based on 1.7 to add registries to everything.

IIRC Ted80's mods let you use old biome placement with the new biomes.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
So, by "Overpowered Stuff" you mean "stuff a sane person would consider well balanced." ;)
It's GregTech; what was I expecting? Dirt-to-diamonds? :p

One's own consideration of whats balanced is fair enough, and I respect that regardless of if I agree with them.
However claiming 'sane' people must consider XYbalance is saying that those who have different tastes to your own must be ''insane''- apart from being somewhat disrespectful to other's tastes you're also being gratuitously offensive to those with a genuine mental illness.​

TomeWyrm

Jul 29, 2019
There's also the weight of public opinion. When you're in the minority, you're in the minority. And Greg's idea of balance is certainly in the minority. Not way far out into the next state levels of out-there... but still much more obstacle-laden than the vast majority of players will tolerate.

Also...
Sane: (of an undertaking or manner) reasonable; sensible.
synonyms: sensible, practical, advisable, responsible, realistic, prudent, wise, reasonable, rational, levelheaded, commonsensical, judicious, politic

You're limiting your definition to a single usage. Please treat the language with more flexibility than that :)