Steve's Carts ideas

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good site with some automation tutorials or does anyone have any ideas to share with Steve's Carts? I'm relatively new to this mod,.. someone posted a tree farm idea which I found to be very helpful and easier than forestry to set up. I'm debating on what is actually more efficient or easier to do with steve's carts vs forestry or whatever else the mod is capable of automating/producing.

ChiTown03

Jul 29, 2019
You could always just go in a test world in creative and try different possibilities with steves carts. I believe in creative there is no wait time on building the carts. Simply add all the modules and your all set. As far as websites with different setups, im not sure would also be very interested in seeing that i just started messing around with steves carts myself and i have a tree farm setup and it is very efficient and easy, plus no to little maintenance if setup correctly. You could check out DW20 lets play to see how this is done. Hope this helped!

siebharrin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a good site with some automation tutorials or does anyone have any ideas to share with Steve's Carts? I'm relatively new to this mod,.. someone posted a tree farm idea which I found to be very helpful and easier than forestry to set up. I'm debating on what is actually more efficient or easier to do with steve's carts vs forestry or whatever else the mod is capable of automating/producing.

Just don't think you can power the steves cart tree farms with solar power alone (though I've only used some kind og fertilizer with steves carts, it could maybe work when you don't supply that). It will spend so much time under the canopy of the trees it will run out of energy.

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
when it comes to tree farms, steve's carts definitely wins 100% of the time. The initial cost of 5 diamonds is high but most certainly worth it

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
is a steve cart tree farm better than forstry for rubber trees? Since forestry will tap the resin as well as cut the tree i'm guessing? though I don't know with forestry 2 how you make an automated tree farm now, or if it is possible without requiring apetite or whatever

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
when it comes to tree farms, steve's carts definitely wins 100% of the time. The initial cost of 5 diamonds is high but most certainly worth it
You need 5 diamonds to make a Logger too (although you only use three out of four electron tubes). The new farms don't need diamonds, but a crapton of other resources.

is a steve cart tree farm better than forstry for rubber trees? Since forestry will tap the resin as well as cut the tree i'm guessing? though I don't know with forestry 2 how you make an automated tree farm now, or if it is possible without requiring apetite or whatever
Any system that can automatically harvest rubber trees will have you drowning in more rubber than you can ever use in a very short time. Remember you can also centrifuge logs for rubber.

(Unrelated, Axe of the Stream + Redpower rubber trees = infinite rubber forever)

Tolgrimm

Jul 29, 2019

Unfortunately, Steve's Carts only works with vanilla saplings at this point...

zaekeon

Jul 29, 2019
AH so I must scrap the steve cart rubber tree farm idea for now? Is aletgacy forestry rubber tree farm viable still or is there an issue with making rnewable humus now?

What is redpower rubber tree? I thought these were from IC2?

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
best thing to do with rubber trees is grow a ton of them, then make yourself a wall/room with just resin blocks all faced towards you (move the blocks with a gravity gun)
HUQwDbF.png

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Actually, there's an even more efficient way than a wall'o'resinholes.

Atleast in mindcrack that is.

Protip: did you know that you can smelt slimeballs for sticky resin?

Revemohl

Jul 29, 2019
I love SC's farms, but I don't think its mining system works too well. Even if you have unlimited stacks of rails, eventually your cart will reach an unloaded chunk and stop -- unless you using the expensive Reinforced Hull with a 1h+ chunk loader module. And even then, your cart's storage will eventually run out, and it will have to backtrack all the way to where is started mining so it can dump its stuff, so it can go all the way back where it stopped once again. It seems pretty neat to create short tunnels, though.

By the way, crop/nether wart farms can run on solar power alone, simply because there won't be any dumb trees to cover the sun.