Method to never go hungry again ?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AndyMASH

Jul 29, 2019
I've been wondering for a long time how can I stop that annoying hunger bar from draining. I just now discovered the Never Hungry enchantment from Mariculture, but I was wondering if there are other ways to never go hungry. So far (for a few months... yes, I've working on the same world for 8 months, don't judge) I've been using the Healing Axe. I'm playing Resonant Rise for 1.6.4

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Eight months.

Is Pam's in Resonant Rise? If so, make the most saturating food you can and that will at least make it less annoying.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
If you can add BetterChests it has a player feeding upgrade you can put on a bag you fill with food and it will keep you fed automatically. I think that upgrade is in the 1.6.4 version, too.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
The Auto-Feeder add-on is probably the biggest reason why I miss having the Modular Power Suits mod in Infinity. Once you get used to not having to worry about food, it's difficult to go back to playing that way again.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
Fruit of Grisaia (I think i'm spelling that right) is essentailly infinite food. I should really get that on Infinity... so I don't get yelled at for stealing "power".

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumic Cake is infinite food as long as you're always near the cake when you're hungry. Ring of Nutrition increases the saturation of anything you eat, so combine that with high-saturation foods to rarely get hungry. If you're really rich and drastic, Golden Apples can still be eaten when full, which lets you max out your saturation.

Reactions: Padfoote

NoElement

Jul 29, 2019
Ars magica 2 infusion - the last infusion of an helmet can give auto-regen of hunger. However, it needs quite a bit of work to do so.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Install HungerOverhaul.

Take a look in the config.
Code:
# hunger
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------#
# Options related to hunger
##########################################################################################################

hunger {
    # You lose hunger (very slowly) at all times
    B:constantHungerLoss=true

# Amount of damage you take when hunger hits zero (vanilla default 2)
    I:damageOnStarve=200

# Disable the hunger drain when healing that was introduced in vanilla 1.6.2
    B:disableHealingHungerDrain=true

# Speed up or slow down the rate that hunger drops (set to 0 to disable hunger loss)
    I:hungerLossRatePercentage=100
You can also tinker with all the food values, passive regen and whathaveyou...

Reactions: SpitefulFox

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
IC2's Quantum Helmet has an auto-feeder, but it requires canned food. Which is exceptionally annoying to make, not least because everything in IC2 is.

Natura Berries can also be eaten even when full until saturation is maxed. Combine with steak, and you'll go hungry very rarely.

D

Diabolo_gf1000

Modular power suits has an auto feed module that works very good