TWO nether iridium ores right next to each other!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, this may be a waste of a thread, but I was nether mining and found 2 nether iridium ores right next to each other! Apparently it only has a 0.01 percent chance to even spawn and I got 2 next to each other!

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, here :3 (I took a screenshot as soon as I saw it lol)
2015-05-20_22.31.59.png

Reactions: Gamefury64

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
No rotary craft in the pack.... I will program it into a digital miner as soon as I get one :p

Sent from my Thingy using a Thingy.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I have some nether iridium.

And I even took IC2 and all it's associated mods out of the pack.

Not sure what it's good for now...

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
..... Make a huge shrine and a diamond chest and put each nether iridium into a different chest.

Sent from my Thingy using a Thingy.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
That certainly is pretty amazing. I found ONE of them and thought I was King for a Day. :D

Now then... my advice to you... and I don't have my Minecraft running so check my recipes on this - make certain you use the right materials! I think you run the Nether Ores thru a TE Induction Smelter with a "Flux" (secondary product) of TE Cinnabar (or else it could be TE Rich Slag, so check first!!), this will give you 3 regular iridium ores. Then you can double those 3 ores using IC2 processing, and you can turn 2 ore blocks into 6 ores. Don't waste em, altho quite honestly there isn't much you can do with that few ores (even six of em). There's no doubt you need to set up the Mass Fabricators and the Replicator/Pattern Storage production line if you need Iridium. Just this week I've made 44 Ultimate Hybrid Solars, I have 64 Mass Fabs going with 192 Recyclers making scrap to feed into em. :)

Anyhow, your point was obviously the incredible rarity of your find, and I certainly concur on that, and I thank you for sharing the amazing image!

Reactions: mattp_12

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
I have some nether iridium.

And I even took IC2 and all it's associated mods out of the pack.

Not sure what it's good for now...

It's ok, it isnt the same as IC Iridium anyway. I got all excited about finding it till I realized it can't be used to make Iridium plate for Quantum armor. It's use is limited to making Advanced Solar panels.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
It's ok, it isnt the same as IC Iridium anyway. I got all excited about finding it till I realized it can't be used to make Iridium plate for Quantum armor. It's use is limited to making Advanced Solar panels.

No, you're incorrect. It is confusing tho. There's regular Iridium Ore Blocks, which are square, just like your Nether Ore Blocks except they're the usual overworld stone gray and not the nether red color. And then there is IC2 Iridium Ore, which is the spherical white ball thing in your inventory. You can't place it down and you can only find them in chests, but the white balls are what you need to make Iridium Plates, there's a crafting table recipe for the Plates, doesn't even require a machine to make em.

Your 2 Nether Iridium Ore blocks turn into 6 regular overworld Iridium Ore blocks if you use the process I described, and then you can process those 6 Iridium Ore blocks into 12 IC2 Iridium Ore (the white balls) using IC2 processing machines (Macerator, Ore Washing Station, Thermal Centrifuge). I think I said 2 blocks makes 6 of the Iridium "white balls" in my previous post, but it's actually 12 of em. TE Induction Smelter will triple, and then IC2 will double.

But even 12 Iridium Ore white balls aren't enough to make Quantum Armor. You'll either have to run a quarry for a huge amount of time to randomly collect the white balls out of random-loot chests, or else you have to go the Recycler-MassFabricator-Replicator route to make more white balls. It's a fairly big setup, I just made mine this past week. Every 24 hours my 64 Mass Fabs are cranking out hundreds of Iridium balls but I need 192 Recyclers running to feed em enough scrap boxes. Kinda crazy, but kinda cool too I guess. :)

Last edited:

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
No, you're incorrect. It is confusing tho. There's regular Iridium Ore Blocks, which are square, just like your Nether Ore Blocks except they're the usual overworld stone gray and not the nether red color. And then there is IC2 Iridium Ore, which is the spherical white ball thing in your inventory. You can't place it down and you can only find them in chests, but the white balls are what you need to make Iridium Plates, there's a crafting table recipe for the Plates, doesn't even require a machine to make em.

Your 2 Nether Iridium Ore blocks turn into 6 regular overworld Iridium Ore blocks if you use the process I described, and then you can process those 6 Iridium Ore blocks into 12 IC2 Iridium Ore (the white balls) using IC2 processing machines (Macerator, Ore Washing Station, Thermal Centrifuge). I think I said 2 blocks makes 6 of the Iridium "white balls" in my previous post, but it's actually 12 of em. TE Induction Smelter will triple, and then IC2 will double.

But even 12 Iridium Ore white balls aren't enough to make Quantum. You'll either have to run a quarry for a huge amount of time to randomly collect the white balls out of random-loot chests, or else you have to go the Recycler-MassFabricator-Replicator route to make more white balls.

I see no recipe for this in NEI, that is where I got the information I based my statement on. If you're saying that the Another One Bites the Dust ore (that is what nether Iridium ore turns into, the grey iridium ore you're talking about) can be turned in to IC Iridium, I would like to see some proof of that as that would be fantastic. I have a game with many stacks of this ore.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Let me fire up my game so I'm not misleading you, I'll find the exact recipes for ya.

Yeah I see what you're saying, the ore blocks can't give IC2 Iridium balls, they can only give Iridium Ingots. That would seem to be an oversight, there wouldn't appear to be any potential exploit to make Iridium Ore (the IC2 white balls) equivalent to Iridium Ingots (which as you note are only useful for Advanced Solar Panels mod). That's a shame.

I ran my Ender Quarry as much as possible (thousands of chunks) and thus I had about 30 of the white balls. You really only need one of em to copy it (in the IC2 Scanner) and make a Pattern Disc for use in the IC2 Replicator/Pattern Storage combo... but it's not a small project unless you have the luxury of weeks and months to wait for a few machines to make UUmatter.

Sorry if I confused ya or got your hopes up. My whole purpose for dealing with Iridium at all was for making Solar Panels, so I guess that's why I never bothered to notice the Iridium ingots aren't equivalent to the Iridium balls.

Last edited:

Baron_Falcon

Jul 29, 2019
Let me fire up my game so I'm not misleading you, I'll find the exact recipes for ya.

Yeah I see what you're saying, the ore blocks can't give IC2 Iridium balls, they can only give Iridium Ingots. That would seem to be an oversight, there wouldn't appear to be any potential exploit to make Iridium Ore (the IC2 white balls) equivalent to Iridium Ingots (which as you note are only useful for Advanced Solar Panels mod). That's a shame.

I ran my Ender Quarry as much as possible (thousands of chunks) and thus I had about 30 of the white balls. You really only need one of em to copy it (in the IC2 Scanner) and make a Pattern Disc for use in the IC2 Replicator/Pattern Storage combo... but it's not a small project unless you have the luxury of weeks and months to wait for a few machines to make UUmatter.

Sorry if I confused ya or got your hopes up. My whole purpose for dealing with Iridium at all was for making Solar Panels, so I guess that's why I never bothered to notice the Iridium ingots aren't equivalent to the Iridium balls.

Dang, I was really hoping I was wrong on this one and that it was simply just a recipe that NEI didn't show. IC has made getting quantum armor so much more difficult than other comparable armor that it's not even worth considering.

I would much rather go through the headache of running ender quarry than making UU matter at this point. However, at least making advanced solar panels to power the mass fab is not reliant on IC Iridium. Also, why do you use scrap boxes? Can you not just convert cobblestone etc to scrap? A bunch of Extra Utilities nodes making cobble and then sending it to the recycler would seem a lot easier.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Also, why do you use scrap boxes? Can you not just convert cobblestone etc to scrap? A bunch of Extra Utilities nodes making cobble and then sending it to the recycler would seem a lot easier.

As far as my research showed me, Scrap Boxes provide the biggest speed boost for the Mass Fabricators (perhaps the only speed boost?). Keeping up with the cobblestone feed is the hardest part, it takes 2 stacks of the ExtraUtil upgrades in the cobblegen nodes, and I also had to break up the Recycler supply lines and use 6 EnderChests because EnderIO conduit can't pull cobble out of one quickly enough. LOL

I actually got my 192 Recyclers ahead of the MassFab pace by putting 2 transformer upgrades and 5 overclockers in each one, so now I'm about ready to make 64 more Mass Fabs to use up all those scrap boxes. It's insanity, basically, but it is kinda fun in a way. You start really slowly, but as you make more and more solars, you can keep picking up the pace since you have more power available. The thing is... I'm starting to question exactly WHY I'm doing all of this... is there really any point, after a certain point? LOL