extracting from chests

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
i was wondering what is the fastest and least maintenance way to extract items from a chest using buildcraft? and before you say use a filter/transposer i want to use buildcraft not redpower. redstone engines dont seem to cut is as im trying to get items out of chests behind my turtles. i am currently using 4 autarchic gates but thats not cutting it, also are they suppose to heat up like a redstone engine or just stay as is?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
wood pipe and the engie of your choice.

The gates are nice but no they do not seem to build up speed or anything.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
You can do it with Buildcraft, but you can do it more effectively with Redpower. Why exactly do you not want to use a filter?

noskk

Jul 29, 2019
AFAIK, The fastest from BC+add on is to use denoflion's automatic wooden pipe (from valve pipe mod).

EDIT: or if you want it to be as fast as possible, you can try better engines+wooden pipe.

EDIT2: ads time: try the GT translocator it's pretty fast..

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
I think becuase he does not want to use a filter is a fairly good reason.

I think "just because" is a dumb reason, but to each his own. I still would like to know why, if there is a reason other than "just because".

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
I think "just because" is a dumb reason,.

Minecraft is 99% Just becuase.

Why do you pick the food you do? All can be stockpiled fairly easy.
Why do you install the mods you do?
Why are you playing SMP or SSP?

While I am sure you have some well thought out logic reasons for all of that. In the end most come done to Just Becuase.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
The better the engine, the faster it will pull items.

Redstone engines are adequate, but not powerful enough to be fast. Autarchic gates are nice for compactness and flexibility but also very slow on their own. Have you tried setting a gate to redstone signal -> energy pulse then attach a rapid redstone signaler of some type? Just a thought, I haven't tried it.

trunksbomb

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft is 99% Just becuase.

Why do you pick the food you do? All can be stockpiled fairly easy.
Why do you install the mods you do?
Why are you playing SMP or SSP?

While I am sure you have some well thought out logic reasons for all of that. In the end most come done to Just Becuase.

You can always go deeper with "why?" but at some point we need to stop asking why and just accept some base level of understanding. Sure it all boils down to "just because". But let's not derail the topic on philosophy..

A simple answer from the OP was all I was asking for.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
Buildcraft is sort of shockingly bad at this compared to filters or transposers from RP2. Another really powerful non-redpower solution is a pair of Routers from Factoization.

Reactions: ashvandle

elkillo

Jul 29, 2019
personally i just like buildcraft better the redpower, for sorting i simply installed logistics pipes, and because with redpower tubes (and transposers, timers, sorting machines, etc) the frame rate at my main base was 21 FPS with BC pipes and logistics pipes i have the same room but i am at 91 FPS. i have a good computer so i know its not the issue.

PS: thanks for the suggestion of the electric engine it works awesome.
Also thank you the post below me i didnt know that a redstone energy cell could power a wooden transport pipe.
i now have a faster way of empting my almost max power quarry.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
The fastest way to extract items from inventories is to use energy cell, however you have to add redstone control because it is so fast and it will be best to have good BC power network for it. One cell with one wooden pipe can be even 4 times faster in extraction than filter/sorting machine and you can use slower timers. However if you want exact amount of items, if it is odd, you will probably have to use piston based pulse shorteners to get one game tick pulse.

Reactions: elkillo