A good end game

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I could go for infinite power, or best armor ect, but instead of being able to tell
"I made a gravisuit!"
I want to say something like "I killed this boss" or "I managed to build this multistructure"
The latter i was once able to tell, the end-game reactor from GT (I think) in ftb Ultimate (not even sure it still exists) and it was selfsustaining.

Right now, playing Infinity, I'm just building towards the draconic armor set:
- Set up big reactors for massive RF
- Place a quarry for resources (diamonds, gold and draconium dust)
- Make wither farm
and you're pretty much set to go...

I could try automate everything with ae2, but that is not so hard.. just figure out where to place the cables and interfaces... most time goes to waiting on quarry for more resources for the next automating project.

Do you guys have a particulair End Game in mind or maybe a challange?

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Reactorcraft then of course the fusion reactor.

The question is a bit hypothetical for me since I often abandon a world before reaching endgame.

TheGreatKamina

Jul 29, 2019
The question is a bit hypothetical for me since I often abandon a world before reaching endgame.
So do I. There comes a point where you have enough stuff that there's nothing worth doing anymore, moreso in modded MC because you have better stuff than the game is really balanced for.

I've reached a similar point with my gameplay, I have run out of interesting things I can think to do. Challenge maps/packs are fun, but I am struggling to find one that's different enough to hold my interest without being "sooper-dooper hardcore" with lots of mechanics that frankly I could care less about. Blast-Off, for instance, was not my cup of tea.

One thing I will say though, try picking up some new mods, or straight up avoid using the mods everyone seems to use for everything these days (AE, Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Tinker's Construct, and Thaumcraft).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
So do I. There comes a point where you have enough stuff that there's nothing worth doing anymore, moreso in modded MC because you have better stuff than the game is really balanced for.

I've reached a similar point with my gameplay, I have run out of interesting things I can think to do. Challenge maps/packs are fun, but I am struggling to find one that's different enough to hold my interest without being "sooper-dooper hardcore" with lots of mechanics that frankly I could care less about. Blast-Off, for instance, was not my cup of tea.

Well when I abandon a world it is often not because there's nothing to do but more because I am facing a problem which I have to fix before I'm able to move on, but I don't want to deal with it because I forsee it being frustrating.
Blast Off is an example for that, at some point it turned into a fest of crafting Galgadorian metal, which has so much different components that automating its production would be pretty painful. Which is why me and my friend abandoned it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you've never done it before, go for a T6 blood altar.

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019

One thing I will say though, try picking up some new mods, or straight up avoid using the mods everyone seems to use for everything these days (AE, Ender IO, Thermal Expansion, Tinker's Construct, and Thaumcraft).

Precisly, there just is a moment you're done. In Ultimate for me that was when I completed that self sustaining reactor, since then I haven't really found a pack worth playing all the way. Though I usually liked the packs with Ars Magicka 2, since the end-game mobs can become really difficult and it's fun making your own spells, but it just takes soooo long to level I usually get bored before getting there. Still playing new packs makes me meet with new mods everytime. I only discovered Ender IO with infinity xD
And loved chisel since I laid eyes on them. With each new mod pack I check the mod list to see if there is anything new woth checking out, but I quickly burn through them. Witchery was the latest and on a multiplayer server it was amzing to do, but I have nothing more to gain from it.

If you have Reactorcraft then of course the fusion reactor.

Nope, just checked. No Reactorcraft :/ But yeah, that reactor is amazing xD

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Currently tier 4, busy automating everything for bound armor. Got the stuff for tier 5 so I'm on my way. It did seem interesting though, is it that hard?

I honestly don't know, most of my play time has been spent learning AE2 and the TC4 changes. I've heard it's a decently involved process though.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
For me this "Endgame" is not a goal in its self, but more a stepping stone to unlock possibilities to build complex systems and architecture to house it.
Playing the game merely to build a specific reactor for example to be able to say "I did that" is so absurd to me tbh. I might build that reactor because I want to integrate it into a bigger whole(a base that I spend a lot of effort making look good and contains a lot of machinery that needs to be powered for some reason).

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
Playing the game merely to build a specific reactor for example to be able to say "I did that" is so absurd to me tbh. I might build that reactor because I want to integrate it into a bigger whole(a base that I spend a lot of effort making look good and contains a lot of machinery that needs to be powered for some reason).
I for one am a terrible builder so I need something "tangible" like this

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
In my current pack (Infinity + other stuff) i'm looking at building and integrating the top tier blood altar, a ReC fusion reactor (since i've never made one legit before) and whatever hugely expensive Draconic Evolution toys I can come up with, all under the control of Colin.

I hear there's some sort of power storage thingy in DE that's a massive and pricey multiblock, sounds like the perfect counterpart to a Fuzzy Reactor :D

D4rkWulf

Jul 29, 2019
I hear there's some sort of power storage thingy in DE that's a massive and pricey multiblock, sounds like the perfect counterpart to a Fuzzy Reactor :D
Not that pricey. Just place a quarry down for your diamonds and draconium dust for the casing. The core will cost you 1 nether star and 4 wyvern cores, but you only need 1 of that. I already have a tier 4 one which is more than enough (4 Billion RF storage.. or 14.. xD I don't visit that thing too often, but it's never empty and power supply is self sufficient, so no need to upgrade it really, though I probably already have the needed materials)
DE armor set is more expensive, but basicly a bunch of nether stars, diamonds and a dragon heart and you're good to go

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I have never reached a stage I'd call end-game in any of my open-end worlds. In a quest pack or a project world dedicated to achieve one thing as an engineering challenge (yes, I have done of those with ReactorCraft's fusion reactor), I'll abandon the world once it's done, but in an open-end game with the usually many mods I run there is just too much left to do to call it "end-game" even I have more power than I'll ever need and the best gear I can imagine. Instead, not power but design determines when I'll end a game. My worlds will be abandoned once I face the decision of redesigning my complete base because I did something too limiting early in the game I can't easily correct, or start anew in a fresh world. I have made what people call "end-game content" rather often, but that means nothing more that it won't be necessary to deal with that element of the game ever again - such as power or gear - but it might still be desirable.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
I look at "End Game" as being the point where I have achieved enough resource generation, infrastructure (tech and magic), and power to build whatever I want. I don't actually like to call it "End Game" but rather "Late Game", because it is just a different phase of the game. As such, it comes with new challenges and goals.

I love early survival mode because every little thing you do is an accomplishment, and it is easy to see progress. Mobs are still dangerous, and death is a real possibility if you let your guard down. Resources are a challenge to acquire and must be managed appropriately.

I love mid-game because I can begin to build task based systems, which are rarely the same as I have built before. New materials are available, and with them, new armor and tools. Mobs are still threats in large numbers or via surprise attack, but you are at a point where you can challenge them directly for their loot. Resources are now flowing in with some degree of regularity, and the challenge moves from acquisition to storage management. Options are available for any given path, and you are free to pursue a number of different mods to make life easier.

Once I have early game basic needs and mid-game processing systems in place, the floodgates open, and I am free to build and play with other mods I've yet to touch on. Late game allows for grand projects, complex systems, and whatever flight of fancy your heart desires. You've begun your ascension to Godhood, and all but the most powerful mobs are dispatched with ease. Resources are getting ever closer to creative mode accessibility, and the entirety of your wealth can likely be delivered on demand from anywhere. The power has been unlocked - what are you going to do with it? Walk away, or to prove to yourself (and potentially others) that you truely have the power to do great things?

Reactions: Fuzzbling

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
When I hear the term end-game, I think of the countless cheesy alien movies I've seen...Invariably, somebody asks what the "endgame" is and the answer is always something like "World colonization", " Killing all humans ", or, my personal favorite, "planet-sized value meal. We're the meat."

Because of this, my endgame is usually production facilities that generate food out of things I trap, death camps with cannons and lasers o'plenty, or cities.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
When I hear the term end-game, I think of the countless cheesy alien movies I've seen...Invariably, somebody asks what the "endgame" is and the answer is always something like "World colonization", " Killing all humans ", or, my personal favorite, "planet-sized value meal. We're the meat."

Because of this, my endgame is usually production facilities that generate food out of things I trap, death camps with cannons and lasers o'plenty, or cities.

You I like. You can stay.