はじめまして!

Jul 29, 2019
I figure since I'm applying for a Wiki team position it might be appropriate to make an introduction - please bear with me, I'm terrible at these. :(

My name's Cassy, I'm a Marine Corps veteran and currently a Computer Science student in Arizona. I've been doing game programming as a hobby for coming up on eleven years, and have a fair amount of experience with a wide variety of programming languages (too many to list, but I'm most comfortable working with C++) and APIs, and I'm a big fan of Asian languages and culture (not a huge fan of watching anime). I'm learning Japanese through my University right now, and I'm planning on taking my school's Chinese courses as well. I'm planning on entering the JET program when I earn my bachelor's degree, which would allow me to spend a year living in Japan acting as an Assistant Language Teacher teaching English to students. ^-^

So, yeah... I guess that's all?
みなさん、おはようございます!

ScottWears

Jul 29, 2019
Lol translation
はじめまして! = Nice to meet you みなさん、おはようございます!= Good morning everyone

Nice to meet you too and welcome to the FTB forums

MCJinzha

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds awesome man!

Computer science AND Japanese. Very impressive.

Welcome on the forums :)

Jul 29, 2019
Computer science AND Japanese. Very impressive.
It might sound odd, but they actually kind of go hand-in-hand for me. I've always been really good at picking up on foreign languages, and that translated well into picking up programming languages (which is the focus of my studies).

Thanks for the welcome. ^-^

Jugg3rV

Jul 29, 2019
Hajimemashte :D My japaneese is a bit rusty, but ill gues we can get along with eglish quite well ;)

darR3Ke

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a big fan of Asian languages and culture (not a huge fan of watching anime).

How can you not be a huge fan of anime... i thought every cool cat on the internet has to love anime... or maybe you're a dog ? ^_^

Sadly my japanese is limited to catch frases from anime, and my flair for languages is sub-par else i would have given it more effort. I do however am an expert programmer or used to be back in the days when COBOL and RPG were cool languages... (even before C++ became cool :p)

Jul 29, 2019
I've played with COBOL for the sake of a historical perspective on programming, but I've never played with RPG. I don't envy anyone who had to work with either of those, honestly - I'm too in love with the syntax of C-like languages, and while I work with Assembly languages with little difficulty, I don't like working with high-level languages with ugly syntax (Python and Perl, I'm looking at you). <.<

Stellastronza

Jul 29, 2019
I figure since I'm applying for a Wiki team position it might be appropriate to make an introduction - please bear with me, I'm terrible at these. :(

My name's Cassy, I'm a Marine Corps veteran and currently a Computer Science student in Arizona. I've been doing game programming as a hobby for coming up on eleven years, and have a fair amount of experience with a wide variety of programming languages (too many to list, but I'm most comfortable working with C++) and APIs, and I'm a big fan of Asian languages and culture (not a huge fan of watching anime). I'm learning Japanese through my University right now, and I'm planning on taking my school's Chinese courses as well. I'm planning on entering the JET program when I earn my bachelor's degree, which would allow me to spend a year living in Japan acting as an Assistant Language Teacher teaching English to students. ^-^

So, yeah... I guess that's all?
みなさん、おはようございます!
Welcome to the FTB forums, and good luck on your studies!