Solved FTB Infinite mod - Server keeps restarting

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there,
I run my own Multicraft panel on a Windows dedicated box and I have ran into some issues with the Infinite mod.

I can get the mod started without an issue, but for some reason after about 3 - 5 minutes, my server will restart itself. I have made a copy of the console below to show you what is happening.

06.05 19:24:21 [Multicraft] Stopping server!
06.05 19:24:21 [Multicraft] Ping timeout! Restarting server...
06.05 19:20:51 [Server] Server thread/WARN [FML]: Unexpected world unload - world -2147483648 is already unloaded
06.05 19:20:50 [Server] Server thread/INFO [Mystcraft]: Baseline Profiling for Instability completed.
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension 1
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -42
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -19
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -39
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -38
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -37
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -100
06.05 19:18:10 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -7
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Unloading dimension -2147483648
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [FML]: Loading dimension -2147483648 (world) (net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer@5ab81b28)
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [Mystcraft]: Baseline Profiling for Instability started. Expect some lag.
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [mcjty.rftools.RFTools]: Registering RFTools dimensions
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [STDOUT]: [mcjty.rftools.RFTools:serverStarted:187]: ###### RFTools.serverStarted
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [PortalGun]: [4.0.0-beta-4] Loading world properties.
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [JourneyMapServer]: World ID: 47f182bc-1d37-47f2-83bc-200bb7d01194
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [neresources]: MobProperties not loaded - skipping
06.05 19:17:40 [Server] Server thread/INFO [neresources]: Loading compatibility for IC2

Any help is much appreciated.
Willing to answer any questions.

This is the latest Infinity mod 1.5.1

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
I have managed to resolve the issue on my own. It was a Multicraft issue causing the issue where a feature called "Crash Check" was turned on and it was detecting a mod mis-behaving and thought that the server had crashed so it restarted it.

To fix, I went into the settings of Multicraft and turned off the Crash Check feature as shown in the screenshot below.

CrashCheck.png

Message to Moderators / Admins
My apologies for double posting.

Rednpd

Jul 29, 2019
I've got the exact same issues as OP but i'm running it via the host Mcprohosting. It doesn't seem that they have option to change Multicraft settings, do you know if there are any commands to change it or perhaps I can just download a config that the server hooks into?

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with Mcprohosting so I could not advise anything to help you.
I would suggest switching over to Multicraft if you can or just host the mod on its own as a server instead.

Robin Engberg

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I'm having the same problem as OP. I can't disable the check option either since in order to do that for my server the server provider would have to disable it for the whole node which obviously is nothing they'd like or should do. Anyone figured out what's causing this yet? What mod is "fake crashing"?

Last edited:

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think the mod is crashing, I think its not responding or a dormant mod. You see what is happening is Multicraft is pinging your server for a response because on the console, it did state the following:
06.05 19:24:21 [Multicraft] Ping timeout! Restarting server...
If Multicraft does not get a response, it assumes that the server has crashed and restarts it automatically as per it's feature.

I don't know if this is a good idea but get in touch with your provider and ask them to read this forum thread and see what they say.
The most likely hood, they will ask you to contact the mod developer for assistance instead as most are too lazy or will not want to shut off this feature.

The feature is pointless in my opinion. No one uses it because if a server crashes, all of the crash information is displayed on the console first before it restarts, but if the setting is set to a low amount of time, it does not give you time to read it for diagnostic purposes. Most customers restart their server on their own accord any ways because a server crashes when they are playing on it, which will then force the owner of the server to login to his/her panel and restart the server, instead of allowing Multicraft to do this for you. Maybe because the customer does not know this feature is available or is running in the background.
Hosting providers always forget what the customer cannot see.

So try the above. Show your provider this thread and see what happens. Let me know as well.

Robin Engberg

Jul 29, 2019
I did show them this thread and all they could suggest was, I quote "Not sure what I can suggest for you to write that issue aside from a fresh install." so yeah that's no help really.

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
Haha! that is absolutely pathetic. And the fix for the issue is right in front of their eyes.

Robin Engberg

Jul 29, 2019
I know right? Well I was hoping there would be some other way around it but I guess we'll just have to downgrade and hope that works out until someone can figure out what's causing the problem.

radicajar

Jul 29, 2019
C/S rep for a server host here. Something in the 1.5.1 modpack hangs up the server just after startup - there's likely no console output in Multicraft during this time. If the crash check interval is too low, Multicraft is going to close the server because of this. Most hosts probably aren't going to disable this setting (it's there for a purpose) for just one modpack causing an issue, but they can likely increase it which will also fix the issue. However this is really more of a problem for the modpack authors to resolve.

Cacofiend

Jul 29, 2019
I'm glad I found this thread, because I've been hounding my server host about this issue. I updated from 1.4.0 to 1.5.1 because the Thaumium Grafter wasn't working properly, but the server began doing this soon after. Right around the 20 minute mark the server just resets itself. I guess we'll have to pull back versions for the time being.

Spikeyuk

Jul 29, 2019
C/S rep for a server host here. Something in the 1.5.1 modpack hangs up the server just after startup - there's likely no console output in Multicraft during this time. If the crash check interval is too low, Multicraft is going to close the server because of this. Most hosts probably aren't going to disable this setting (it's there for a purpose) for just one modpack causing an issue, but they can likely increase it which will also fix the issue. However this is really more of a problem for the modpack authors to resolve.

You forget that the author's do not design their mods around a panel. They simply create it and run it as dedicated on it's own. It is something you would not expect to happen when it is in development.
This is why I posted this thread here so the mod developers can see what is happening with the mod being hosted with the Multicraft panel and do something about it. In the mean time, you should temporarily disable the feature I have highlighted to fix the issue for your customers because that's customer service right?

The feature is not an important one. All it does is restart's a crashed Minecraft server automatically. It ping's all the servers on your node to make sure they are responding. If no response is given, then Multicraft assumes the server has crashed and restarts it.

Like I mentioned earlier, the feature is not widely used. Customers restart their server on their own by clicking the restart button if their server crashes. They do not bother to wait for an automatic feature to restart their server for them because that is a waste of time. On another note, they do not know that feature exists or is there for that purpose, so where is the harm in turning it off for one mod? On another note, if a customers server has crashed while no one is on it, then would it not be reasonable for the customer to see what has happened in the console so that they can fix it? If you have this automatic restart on the servers, they will miss the opportunity to see for themselves what the console reports. In my opinion, its a stupid feature that Multicraft put in.

Reactions: jikuja

Rednpd

Jul 29, 2019
Something I found on on reddit by user bonden;

"I've been trying to track this issue down and testing it as we've been experiencing the same problems on a server i'm playing on, and it seems like removing the mod INpureCore fixes the unresponsive console and the restarting.

Seems to me that McMyAdmin looks for console output and restarts the server when it doesn't find it (?), and due to console commands not being shown when run (through McMyAdmin console) it just restarts after a while.

Just remove:

minecraft/config/INpureProjects
minecraft/mods/INpureCore-[1.7.10]1.0.0B9-60.jar

As far as i can tell there are no side effects from removing the mod from the server."

Just thought I'd share, i've been getting 0 restarts since removed the above.

Reactions: jikuja