Agrarian skies 3.0

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
who would like to see a new version of agrarian skies? with new for the hoarding quests! like having to SUBMIT 1 million blocks of diamond and emerald...

pizzawolf14

Jul 29, 2019
I mean, I'd play it if it existed, but no, I don't particularly want one. Also, I think it'd need some fresh idea as far as quests go, as the hoarding quests are just the waiting game mostly. My original agskies world died because I got tired of waiting and set up way too much stuff to speed up my resource (I'm looking at you, cobble) gathering.

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
lol. im just kidding. Im terrible at making modpacks and i really wanted to make one, so i just used resources avalible.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
lol. im just kidding. Im terrible at making modpacks and i really wanted to make one, so i just used resources avalible.
Heh. You're not alone there! But do remember: although she'd probably hate the term, in Agrarian Skies Jadedcat has build up a brand - something that unambiguously belongs to her. So while you were joking, by casual use of the AS name you're potentially threatening her ownership of the IP (intellectual property). I'm sure this was unintentional (unlike someone else recently), and such things are very difficult to pursue on open forums such as these, but it is - in my opinion - a matter of honour to respect her hard work and dedication. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Why not give it an inspired-by name (Hoarded Skies, for example), or else your own unique name and the tagline of "based on Agrarian Skies", or "an unofficial expansion for Agrarian Skies" that sort of thing?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Heh. You're not alone there! But do remember: although she'd probably hate the term, in Agrarian Skies Jadedcat has build up a brand - something that unambiguously belongs to her. So while you were joking, by casual use of the AS name you're potentially threatening her ownership of the IP (intellectual property). I'm sure this was unintentional (unlike someone else recently), and such things are very difficult to pursue on open forums such as these, but it is - in my opinion - a matter of honour to respect her hard work and dedication. Do you see where I'm coming from?

Why not give it an inspired-by name (Hoarded Skies, for example), or else your own unique name and the tagline of "based on Agrarian Skies", or "an unofficial expansion for Agrarian Skies" that sort of thing?

Oh. And if you do, I'd STRONGLY recommend sending a message Jadedcat's way before you start- just to avoid unnecessary friction or conflict down the road.

Conflicts have happened before over something similar to this. See Sky Factory.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019

I didnt upload this anywhere. is it still a problem?