FTB Infinity & Shiny Metal/Plat

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
So I am interested in mass producing enderium ingots from TE3, but I don't see a very renewable source for shiny ingots other than using an MFE laser drill with a light-blue focus on it. Any tips (for infinity) that could help me out on this?

Reactions: Odenite

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
You can smelt ferrous ore and cinnabar to get a shiny metal per ore. Cinnabar is got from pulverizing redstone ore or transposing thaumcraft cinnabar ore with water. Ferrous ore is rare though.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
You can smelt ferrous ore and cinnabar to get a shiny metal per ore. Cinnabar is got from pulverizing redstone ore or transposing thaumcraft cinnabar ore with water. Ferrous ore is rare though.

Pretty sure TE cinnabar is made by transposing cryotheum into cinnabar ore.

I made a TON of cryotheum, and I am still slowly using it to get the shiny ingots.

Cpt_gloval

Oct 20, 2013
Other option, though a bit time consuming to get there, is platinum bees. Get 6-8 genius try hives of those going and after a bit you'll be swimming in shiny

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
You can also pulverise Gold Ore for a chance at Cinnabar, but the odds are much smaller than Redstone.

MiningPro

Jul 29, 2019
i did this today.. and worked like a treat, I had my hammer, that mines 3x3.. I went to Y cords level 10.. besty for red stone, basically just went straight..... make sure your tool has silky touch on it, so you get just get the ore block.. by doing this, I found many things, tons of red stone, even some ferrous ore, and got over a stack of diamonds.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
1. Change the configs of CofH core so it gens shiny ore.

2. Add electricraft, EC platinum oredicts with TE shiny ore :)

3. Nether Ores has platinum blocks too.

I'm not sure what the rationale behind shiny ore not being included in worldgen in infinity is, but there's definitely ways to sort it.

APproject

Jul 29, 2019
I really enjoyed making my cryotheum production line. Most of the ingots are just a matter of quarrying. The added steps made the ingot far more precious.

knn03

Jul 29, 2019
You can get a ton of redstone ore and a decent amount of ferrous in the nether, make sure you bring a jet pack. Then get some rich slag. Sand + redstone in an induction smelter = 50% rich slag, cinnabar + gold ore = 75%. Rich slag + nether ferrous ore = 3 ferrous ores.

Dezz

Jul 13, 2013
Didn't expect the thread to get this much attention. Thanks for the input. I have recently realized that I do not really need that much shiny metal...
Welp. Thanks anyways. I'll just be going with my 500 Enderium Ingots :)

ScottulusMaximus

Jul 29, 2019
if you mine by hand, yes, it can be pretty rare, but if you use a quarry it's not that bad

I have twice as many emeralds as I do ferrous ore. Using an ender quarry in an extreme hills. 6 stacks ferrous ore, 4 stacks draconium, 12 stacks emerald, 19 stacks diamond.

So farely bloody rare

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have twice as many emeralds as I do ferrous ore. Using an ender quarry in an extreme hills. 6 stacks ferrous ore, 4 stacks draconium, 12 stacks emerald, 19 stacks diamond.

So farely bloody rare

you do know that extreme hills is a biome where you're meant to find emeralds right?
because extreme hills is a biome that spawns emeralds it's no surprise you're finding so many of them.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

InUniverse

Jul 29, 2019

So farely bloody rare
you overestimate how far 6 stacks of ferrous ore actually goes.
and how far platinum, in any quantity, goes.

you, like, only use ferrous for invar. unless you're building a house out of invar blocks, you have no reason to not be in posession of a backlog of ferrous.
also, using the above-mentioned cinnibar method, you get nearly 170 blocks of enderium. 170 BLOCKS. if you use that much enderium for anything other than a construction material (that includes turbines), then you are the champion of all spending ever.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking