FTB News - April 3rd, 2015

Caesura

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to complain guys, you're putting an amazing effort into all these modpacks, and I'm sure lots of people are getting hours of enjoyment out of them, but I've found myself getting frustrated with ftb recently. The modpacks have all been a little too similar and overpowered (end-game easy to reach if certain things are exploited) for my taste. Recently(-ish) Resurrection was released which gave ftb a new lease of life for me and quite a number of my friends who are old FTB fans... until we realised it was completely broken and its development had been abandoned. I guess all I'm asking for is a simple, up-to-date modpack that includes all the tried and tested mods (industrial craft, railcraft, thaumcraft, thermal expansion, bees..) that let people create wonderful factories and systems that can't be done in another mod through far easier methods. My favourite modpack is still Mindcrack after all this time, as it had a flavour of gregtech (which I realise is probably very difficult to incorporate now as seen in Resurrection) but enough potential gear to allow plenty of fun and crazy inventions. I really do believe that if a pack like this was created then it would be well-loved and used. I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, I just want FTB to be more similar to what I used to play for hours on end and experience what I did before with a few friends. I hope you don't take this the wrong way and hopefully hear me out, just haven't found myself being able to enjoy FTB with people flying, invincible, around my server after a week of set-up due to exploiting the regen crystals combined with blood magic, and then getting bored and leaving. Please, if it's possible and not a ridiculous amount of effort, would you consider creating such a pack for us, as the long-term FTB players?

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry to complain guys, you're putting an amazing effort into all these modpacks, and I'm sure lots of people are getting hours of enjoyment out of them, but I've found myself getting frustrated with ftb recently. The modpacks have all been a little too similar and overpowered (end-game easy to reach if certain things are exploited) for my taste. Recently(-ish) Resurrection was released which gave ftb a new lease of life for me and quite a number of my friends who are old FTB fans... until we realised it was completely broken and its development had been abandoned. I guess all I'm asking for is a simple, up-to-date modpack that includes all the tried and tested mods (industrial craft, railcraft, thaumcraft, thermal expansion, bees..) that let people create wonderful factories and systems that can't be done in another mod through far easier methods. My favourite modpack is still Mindcrack after all this time, as it had a flavour of gregtech (which I realise is probably very difficult to incorporate now as seen in Resurrection) but enough potential gear to allow plenty of fun and crazy inventions. I really do believe that if a pack like this was created then it would be well-loved and used. I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way, I just want FTB to be more similar to what I used to play for hours on end and experience what I did before with a few friends. I hope you don't take this the wrong way and hopefully hear me out, just haven't found myself being able to enjoy FTB with people flying, invincible, around my server after a week of set-up due to exploiting the regen crystals combined with blood magic, and then getting bored and leaving. Please, if it's possible and not a ridiculous amount of effort, would you consider creating such a pack for us, as the long-term FTB players?

I'd take a gander at TPPI2. It may not be an official FTB pack , but it seems to be striking up the right balance between insane tech, magic and slower progression, without relying on Gregtech to grind things to a halt.

Caesura

Jul 29, 2019
I'd take a gander at TPPI2. It may not be an official FTB pack , but it seems to be striking up the right balance between insane tech, magic and slower progression, without relying on Gregtech to grind things to a halt.
I'll give it a try, though looking at the mod list, already Bloodmagic, Advanced Genetics and Morph grind my gears... Although they're undeniably cool mods, they just ruin the experience a bit. I guess if I enjoy it enough to host a server I can always remove them so as long as the pack's stable everything should be ok. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow, I'll give it a try! :]

THEminer72

Jul 29, 2019
I'll give it a try, though looking at the mod list, already Bloodmagic, Advanced Genetics and Morph grind my gears... Although they're undeniably cool mods, they just ruin the experience a bit. I guess if I enjoy it enough to host a server I can always remove them so as long as the pack's stable everything should be ok. Thanks for the suggestion anyhow, I'll give it a try! :]
GT isn't in the current version but it will be once its out some sort of beta. At least that's what I've heard. Fair warning though TPPI2 takes 8 GB RAM at the max and 7 at minimum. Apart from that its a great pack and can recommend it. The pack code is SuperWhaleKick.

Bashful Giant

Jul 29, 2019
GT isn't in the current version but it will be once its out some sort of beta. At least that's what I've heard. Fair warning though TPPI2 takes 8 GB RAM at the max and 7 at minimum. Apart from that its a great pack and can recommend it. The pack code is SuperWhaleKick.
Indeed, but I have a feeling it won't overwrite every config to require Gregtech, or change worldgen. Merely provide another tech progression route.

Again, just a feeling.

Flying Shoe ILR

Jul 29, 2019
I'm quite excited for Horizons 1.7, it was a very interesting pack back in 1.6.4. Is there any likelihood of recipe integration in these packs, a la how Thermal Expansion and Ender IO items require Industrialcraft items in their crafting recipes in The Dark Trilogy?

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I'm quite excited for Horizons 1.7, it was a very interesting pack back in 1.6.4. Is there any likelihood of recipe integration in these packs, a la how Thermal Expansion and Ender IO items require Industrialcraft items in their crafting recipes in The Dark Trilogy?
For Horizons and Infinity, no. They're generally default kitchen sink packs. However, some of the other packs coming down the line will most certainly have recipe tweaks like that.

Reactions: Flying Shoe ILR

mrmagic686

Jul 29, 2019
What is the launcher version called before the latest one [1.4.7] Because i need to downgrade cause it's destroying my fps. It's happened before so if anyone knows the second latest version then that'd be great!