Trying to figure out AE2 auto smelting

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mva5580

Jul 29, 2019
Hello, first time poster, long time lurker.

I'm playing FTB Infinity and I have my ME Network setup. I've got ME Interfaces on top of both an Ender IO Sag Mill and Alloy Smelter. I've created 2 processing patterns; one to have the Sag Mill turn (for example) Iron Ore into Iron Dust, and then one for the Alloy Smelter to turn Iron Dust into Iron Ingots.

What I would like to do though is have this be an automated process where if I put an Iron Ore into my network, the Sag Mill immediately turns it into dust and the Smelter then turns that dust into ingots without me having to actually go to the terminal and tell the ingot pattern to make X # of ingots. Is it possible for me to do this? It seems like it would be from other stuff I've sporadically seen online but I just can't seem to figure out how to completely automate it.

Thank you,

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Export bus, no patterns required.

^ that.

Longer answer:

Use an export bus on one side of the machine and tell it to export ore, this will automatically export any items of the type you specify into the inventory/machine you attach it to so long as you have some in your ME network.

Then use an import bus on another face to import the dust.

Even easier is using Thermal Expansion's Pulverizer and Redstone furnace with their input/output faces lined up with each other (or Mekanism's enrichment chamber and energized smelter, but that's not in infinity by default so meh), that way the dust goes straight from one machine to the other and you only need one import bus to grab the ingots from the smelter :)

Reactions: Grato and smalls_12