Biome locator

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
Is there such a thing in any of the mods in FTB Infinity? I'd really like to use biomes o plenty but I'd also like to use foresty with it. Yet finding the tropical bees I need has been seriously frustrating. I can't find a jungle biome anywhere. For that matter the vanilla biomes appear to be rather rare.

So a handy dandy biome locator would be really great to have!

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I doubt you will find anything that can point you towards biomes before they have actually been spawned(visited the first time). Because before whatever terrain gen you chose have run I don't think it got anything to work with.
But I have not come across any such tool anyway. Closest thing is the Habitat Locator from forestry I guess. But that is rather useless at finding specific biomes though.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you will find anything that can point you towards biomes before they have actually been spawned(visited the first time). Because before whatever terrain gen you chose have run I don't think it got anything to work with.
But I have not come across any such tool anyway. Closest thing is the Habitat Locator from forestry I guess. But that is rather useless at finding specific biomes though.

That also isn't in the mod anymore, sadly.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
That also isn't in the mod anymore, sadly.
Ahh well. I found it rather useless anyway. Used it once to try it out.

Also, you probably want to keep your eyes peeled for tropical bees in non-jungle biomes. Having a hard time differentiating between Highlands and BoP biomes since I have used them together for a long time, but I often find Tropical bees in non-"vanilla jungle" but "jungle style" biomes.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
There is an object you can create called "biome locator" or "biome finder" it's from Biomes O' Plenty. I haven't made it yet so I can't tell you how it works but I am also having an issue with finding a jungle biome.

Kajin Style

Jul 29, 2019
There is an object you can create called "biome locator" or "biome finder" it's from Biomes O' Plenty. I haven't made it yet so I can't tell you how it works but I am also having an issue with finding a jungle biome.

There is but you need biome essence to run it and as far as I found looking around it's not being spawned in game yet.

Daniel_USA

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry then, I never made one and I had no idea. I wish I knew how to get them. I need to find a jungle biome badly and I don't want to keep loading and loading new chunks.