Blood N Bones [Hardcore Survival]

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
squids are only good for ink...

Earliest I will drop a build is Monday, and there are two people promissed the first builds already. Anesos and Pakratt.
Glad to know the new version is almost out! Any hints as to what's new? Will it be even more of a hell than before? Is everything you want to get in 2.0 in there or do you plan to get in the smaller stuff later? Are you fed up with so many questions?

Reactions: Eyamaz

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Will mac users be able to play?

PortableJim made a thing you can find on reddit that will let mac/linux users download the packs until we have an official version.

Will this continue to be the primary discussion location, or will there be a new thread on the Curse forums?

This will be the official place until I finish another project I'm working on.

Glad to know the new version is almost out! Any hints as to what's new? Will it be even more of a hell than before? Is everything you want to get in 2.0 in there or do you plan to get in the smaller stuff later? Are you fed up with so many questions?

Diseases? Though I'm pulling DC out till DC2 is back ported, so that might not be in the official release. Carts? RC is back after its hiatus from the 1.6 version (it was in the broken 1.5 pack) Um. more new stuff. A couple things removed for the moment (Gases and ZA, sadly)

More hell? maybe. I'm working on some different mechanics atm.

Everything in? Hell no, there is SO MUCH I want to tweak yet, but I also want to get you guys something.

something I know your dying for...

(bad puns are punny)

no, questions don't annoy me.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
PortableJim made a thing you can find on reddit that will let mac/linux users download the packs until we have an official version.

This will be the official place until I finish another project I'm working on.

Diseases? Though I'm pulling DC out till DC2 is back ported, so that might not be in the official release. Carts? RC is back after its hiatus from the 1.6 version (it was in the broken 1.5 pack) Um. more new stuff. A couple things removed for the moment (Gases and ZA, sadly)

More hell? maybe. I'm working on some different mechanics atm.

Everything in? Hell no, there is SO MUCH I want to tweak yet, but I also want to get you guys something.

something I know your dying for...

(bad puns are punny)

no, questions don't annoy me.
So... The 2.0 version that will be released is for the most part the bones (all puns intended) for future updates. I'm assuming as you said gasses and ZA were removed "for the moment," they will be put back in soon.
One last question, and think I asked before, do you take suggestions? I think I sent you some before but went ignored.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
So... The 2.0 version that will be released is for the most part the bones (all puns intended) for future updates. I'm assuming as you said gasses and ZA were removed "for the moment," they will be put back in soon.
One last question, and think I asked before, do you take suggestions? I think I sent you some before but went ignored.

I take suggestions. I just typically don't respond to them. Makes people question whether or not I am going to do it. There is a TON of content already done and in 2.0. I had to remove ZA and Gases because they are not hosted on CF atm, but I may be able to skirt the reqs and include them anyway. We shall see on that.

I know no matter how feature complete I make the pack, it wont get to its true maturity until I get real play feedback and I can watch my streamers play it. So, there is still lots I want to do.

Reactions: JeremyTheObscure

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
I take suggestions. I just typically don't respond to them. Makes people question whether or not I am going to do it. There is a TON of content already done and in 2.0. I had to remove ZA and Gases because they are not hosted on CF atm, but I may be able to skirt the reqs and include them anyway. We shall see on that.

I know no matter how feature complete I make the pack, it wont get to its true maturity until I get real play feedback and I can watch my streamers play it. So, there is still lots I want to do.
Good to know, popular feedback is definetly the best source of what is wanted. The only big suggestion I had was to add the Twilight Forest mod, change the portal requirements to make you kill the wither once before, make everything 2X harder, alter chest loot to suit progression, then use the 4 boss trophies to make the end portal frames instead of killing the wither 4 times so there is variety in bosses. I know you probably have something planned instead of repeatedly killing the Wither, but if you don't...
Anyway... Looking forward to playing 2.0 this weekend, or at least next week, and if I had a credit card I would donate.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Good to know, popular feedback is definetly the best source of what is wanted. The only big suggestion I had was to add the Twilight Forest mod, change the portal requirements to make you kill the wither once before, make everything 2X harder, alter chest loot to suit progression, then use the 4 boss trophies to make the end portal frames instead of killing the wither 4 times so there is variety in bosses. I know you probably have something planned instead of repeatedly killing the Wither, but if you don't...
Anyway... Looking forward to playing 2.0 this weekend, or at least next week, and if I had a credit card I would donate.

Main progression currently moves you through 6 dimensions. Each dimension requires that you have to do something to get to the next dimension. There are two new dimension mods in the pack. TF is NOT one of them.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Main progression currently moves you through 6 dimensions. Each dimension requires that you have to do something to get to the next dimension. There are two new dimension mods in the pack. TF is NOT one of them.
Will we have metallurgy again? I love the tiericide system that you implemented in 1.6.4 and would love to see it again. Almost no one uses this awesome mod and the ones who use usually fail at properly integrate it. Was one of the my most loved things in BnB. That and witchery.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Will we have metallurgy again? I love the tiericide system that you implemented in 1.6.4 and would love to see it again. Almost no one uses this awesome mod and the ones who use usually fail at properly integrate it. Was one of the my most loved things in BnB. That and witchery.

Sent from my CUBOT ONE using Tapatalk

Metallurgy is a staple. yes.

Witchery is temporarily out till I figure a better way to integrate it. There were more than a few exploits not easily fixed.

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
OMG.... BnB 2.0, I'm so excited :-D I keep checking Curse multiple times per day, just to make sure it wasn't uploaded since the last time I checked. Kinda sad huh?

Edit: Almost forgot to mention that I think you are awesome, a titan among men.

Dinodinodude

Jul 29, 2019
Whoa, that's way more than I expected.
Metallurgy is a staple. yes.

Witchery is temporarily out till I figure a better way to integrate it. There were more than a few exploits not easily fixed.
So, there are at least 7 planned dimensions it seems. More excited than ever for 2.0!
OMG.... BnB 2.0, I'm so excited :-D I keep checking Curse multiple times per day, just to make sure it wasn't uploaded since the last time I checked. Kinda sad huh?

Don't worry, that's what I'm doing too.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019

aww.

Whoa, that's way more than I expected.

So, there are at least 7 planned dimensions it seems. More excited than ever for 2.0!

Don't worry, that's what I'm doing too.

6. OW still counts as one of the 6. though there may be other dims too...

Lets set the count as 2.0 will be out on the Curse Client within the next 120 hours.

Lemonfreezers

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ive been slow on catching up with the curse client joining merge. How would i be able to find said modpack if said modpack was out right now? Like what would i search or download? (already have curse client)

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Hey ive been slow on catching up with the curse client joining merge. How would i be able to find said modpack if said modpack was out right now? Like what would i search or download? (already have curse client)

if the pack was out right now. You would click on "Browse All Modpacks". Then type the name/keywords into the search bar in the upper rightLeft.

Last edited:

DigitalWino

Jul 29, 2019
It's not on the normal curse client. You need to get the Curse Voice client (yeah, the name is confusing as hell, it makes it sound like it's just a voice chat thing). You can find it here http://beta.cursevoice.com/ Once you log in, right there on the main page is a tab for Minecraft. And when you look at mod packs, you can look at just FtB ones, or you can look at all of them. There are not very many non-FtB ones at the moment, but I imagine that in time there will be more The Curse Voice client isn't bad either. It lets you install multiple instances of a pack, which is something that I really like. When I had a different setup on the same pack for playing solo vs w friends, I had to keep switching the directory in the FtB. Now you don't.

Reactions: Eyamaz