Challenges/Goals For FTB Infinity

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

St0ffe

Jul 29, 2019
  • Create a massive AE storage (500 ME Drives filled with 64k storage cells).
  • Have a power consumption of over 50k RF/t.
  • Create every single block in FTB Infinity.
  • Build a Castle and use that as a base (minimum 200 blocks in one direction as wall). Of course you'll need towers for the castle too!
There's a lot of things to do.. of course.. You wanted "something to do" :)

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
wow mr.over achiever :p :p

very detailed
Well it is a sandbox type modpack. Do whatever you like, however you like :p
But I prefer using these type of packs for building stuff. If you are into other types of play styles there are usually better more focused modpacks for that.

And by building stuff I mean build something large, complex and well thought through. Either smart automation or beautiful architecture. Or a combination thereof.

Last edited:

St0ffe

Jul 29, 2019
One room for power, one room for AE drives, sleeping quarters, just hallways to look nice etc etc :)

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Theres no shortage of stuff to do early game. My main motivation for playing is to build things but Im spoiled by mods and dont really bother building until I have accomplished a few things. Sometimes I will carve out a starter hovel in a mountainside somewhere, or just fence in a big area on the surface and light it up with torches. And there I set up a workshop and work towards these goals:

Stone tinkers hammer, take a crafting bench with you while mining to repair with cobble. Upgrade it to have higher durability and fortune
Power gen/ore processing
pipe and chest based sorting system
Better ticon hammer that can be recharged with RF
Enderpearl and blaze rod farm
fast movement
flight
wand of equal trade
builders wand
ender chest/pouch and chunk loader so I can send materials back to the base from far away

And then in the second phase I make sure I have an AE system, upgrade my power gen and make sure I can make tesseracts.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
My current goal on our small server is to provide power to everyone on the server using only fuel from a single mob farm. So far, our early game is currently being powered by a dark room+mfr grinder and a couple of reactant dynamo. As our needs increase, we will upgrade the room to cursed earth. Then, I'll run to the nether for a blaze spawner. Last but not least, I'm off to the Twilight Forest for a carminite (ghast) spawner.

Ghast tears and all that essence will power a battery of augmented reactant dynamo at the main base, while blaze rods will be shipped to satellite bases for generator fuel. I'm considering building a few RC boilers and a BR turbine when we get the materials, adding more blaze spawners as needed.

I hear EnderIO can generate power from all this flesh, too. I've not played with the mod since 1.6.4 Monster, so I'm looking forward to delving into the new stuff.

Moral of the story: think of an outlandish concept, then beat the modpack over the head until it does what you want it to. Steal its milk money. Make it eat dirt. Use as many of its parts as you can against it.

@rhn is a builder. I like to break things.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
this is something that's been asked before and the answer is always a hard one.
the best answer I can give you is to do what you feel like doing.

if you want to stay pure vanilla with just a few extra things, play around with mods such as Tinker's Construct or Bibliocraft.
if you like doing techy stuff and build machines and such, try out Thermal Expansion or IndustrialCraft
or if you like magic there's always Thaumcraft, Botania or Blood Magic

and that's just a few of the mods, I could write a whole list of mods you could try out and use.
BUT, if you're a beginner to minecraft mods a kitchensink pack might not be the best choice.
I'd rather suggest you to try out a modpack such as the Direwolf20 modpack and also watch his Let's Play about the modpack.
this way you can learn the mods by playing around with them and watching someone who's using the mods and explaining them aswell

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
this is something that's been asked before and the answer is always a hard one.
the best answer I can give you is to do what you feel like doing.

-snip-

BUT, if you're a beginner to minecraft mods a kitchensink pack might not be the best choice.
I'd rather suggest you to try out a modpack such as the Direwolf20 modpack and also watch his Let's Play about the modpack.
this way you can learn the mods by playing around with them and watching someone who's using the mods and explaining them aswell

I've never been a fan of LPs, personally. I'd rather spend that time in game with my own hands on the controls. If I get stuck, or things don't work the way I expect, a mod spotlight or a wiki usually solves it. If not, I come here and ask all these helpful people to help me.

I loved jumping into Monster as my first modded experience. Sure, it was a little overwhelming at first, but once I got started, it snowballed quickly. The freedom to build whatever I wanted and see how the mods played not only beside each other, but with each other set the hook deep.

I know I started just like I would have in a vanilla world, and then added as I saw things that sparked my interest. Never let anyone convince you that a strong understanding of vanilla concepts and practices will make your life in modded MC easier.

Tepig4321

Jul 29, 2019
Im not that newby, but i like dont know how to auto process and auto craft with ae.

I get TE, Ender IO

I like Botania

I dont like Thaumcraft

yotus

Jul 29, 2019
ok :p i dont hate it i just think its to time consuming

Which are 100% of the games that exist in the world ? ;)

But, jokes apart, give ThaumCraft a try. I also felt like you, thinking it wasn't worth it, and now I totally love it !

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
ok :p i dont hate it i just think its to time consuming
The research aspect of Thaumcraft can be extremely time consuming, specially if you have a load of TC addons installed as well. I strongly recommend you just take a few every now and then, else you burn your self out. (I actually miss the old TC3 research)

But if you really detest the research that much, it is possible to skip it(I did a couple of times in 1.6.4 after my research had reset due to a common bug) by cheating in the creative Thaumonomonomonicon.

Inaeo

Jul 29, 2019
Which are 100% of the games that exist in the world ? ;)

But, jokes apart, give ThaumCraft a try. I also felt like you, thinking it wasn't worth it, and now I totally love it !

It took me three worlds to break past the great wood wand, tech wise. There were so many simpler ways to accomplish any given task, that it never seemed worth the effort/investment. It wasn't until we played Resurrection (GT base) that I gave it my full attention.

We just started a server of Infinity, and one of the key needs to finding a home was proximity to a magical forest (or other magical biome, but forest preferred). It takes some time and attention, but the mod is incredibly well written. There are easier ways to do things, but TC has an interesting answer for most situations.