xy crashes mindcrack 8.2

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
hey,

is there a way to fix it or a work around ?

java.lang.NullPointerException
at codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.world.WorldExtension.loadChunkData(WorldExtension.java:57)
at codechicken.xycraftcopy.core.world.WorldExtensionManager$WorldExtensionEventHandler.onChunkDataLoad(WorldExtensionManager.java:38)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_165_WorldExtensionEventHandler_onChunkDataLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:35)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:103)
at aam.checkedReadChunkFromNBT(AnvilChunkLoader.java:163)
at aam.loadChunk__Async_CB(AnvilChunkLoader.java:132)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:16)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.chunkio.ChunkIOProvider.callStage1(ChunkIOProvider.java:10)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.init(AsynchronousExecutor.java:150)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.initAsync(AsynchronousExecutor.java:95)
at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_4_R1.util.AsynchronousExecutor$Task.run(AsynchronousExecutor.java:85)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

dariusc93

Jul 29, 2019
This crash log is related to MCPC+ which is likely not supported by the FTB Team. You should talk to the developers regarding this issue as its a common one with some of the new blocks (multiblocks, soil block, ets). unload in the chunk.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
is there right now any way to reduce these crashes without removing xy ?
yesterday our server crashed 9 times with this fucking xy mcpc bug.

or is there a way to disable it, but that the client dont have to disable it?

UgLounge

Jul 29, 2019
is there right now any way to reduce these crashes without removing xy ?
yesterday our server crashed 9 times with this fucking xy mcpc bug.

or is there a way to disable it, but that the client dont have to disable it?

No one is forcing you to use MCPC. If you don't want "this fucking bug" you can go to BukkitForge or similar.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
true, but i dont want to look for new plugins and convert the settings and permissions

Haruchai

Jul 29, 2019
The issue very much involves Xycraft. In an extensive, and I mean extensive series of tests performed on the Dynmap, MCPC+ github threads, Xycraft was repeatedly implicated in memory leaks, rendering problems and heap errors. Several participants on that thread decided to remove Xycraft. In my opinion, MCPC+ is the best server jar to use hands down. The FTB server files leak like a sieve, even on pristine installs. MCPC+ stops world leaks cold and allows for dozens of plugiins to be used and the development team seems to be farther ahead that ForgeEssentials and especially bukkitforge (which unless something has recently changed, has slowed to a crawl). You can toss Xycraft and continue to have access to lots of excellent plugins or keep it and put up with the bugs, but I would stay with MCPC+ for now.....IMO.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
Is there a way to disable xycraft, but that the client is able to connect without disableing itself ?

tiff

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, remove the mod from the server mods folder.

You must understand, If this is a pre-existing world. You'll have all XyCraft blocks missing or even cause corruption.

If you're going to take it out, i'd think about making a new world.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
k, and the clients dont have to take it out ? like with gregtech

UnionCraft

Jul 29, 2019
We have been running into this problem too, while I cannot for certain say this will solve the issue, so far our server has been up for 12 hours without a crash (where as before it would crash every few hours).

Ask your players to remove the xycraft Tanks and block the valve recipe. As I say we dont know for certain if this has solved the issue however, as more tanks were built, the crashes became more prevalent.

Slind

Mar 8, 2013
i broadcasted the delet of xy yesterday. So next week i will delet it. Only prob is that we have to recreate all the spawns.