XP turtle

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

cfrostyscriv

Jul 29, 2019
OK so i set up an xp turtle got it to enchant books but, it gives the same 4 damn enchants all the time. is anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to get the turtle to get other enchants?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
It's just as random as you enchanting things. You've just been unlucky. Keep enchanting, you'll eventually get more.

Disjunction III seems to be really damn common, for some reason.

cfrostyscriv

Jul 29, 2019
All 30 enchants, and after 5 hours i got 1 repair book, 1 thorns book and no silk touch book. I think thaumcraft needs its own enchanting table as the % of getting certain enchantments has decreased significantly with the added thaumcraft enchantments.

Bomb Bloke

Jul 29, 2019
What are you wanting to put it on?

If you're not already aware of it, the Rock Cutter is a craftable tool which comes pre-enchanted with Silk Touch.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
The rock-cutter is also EXTREMELY slow. In the extra time it will take you to mine a vein of nikolite with that, using a power tool you will have found another vein in the same time.
I imagine he want silk touch, probably to put on a vajra/power tool.

Silk touch enchants have the same chance from level 18 onwards, so simply having your programe check for 18 levels and enchant with them rather than using 30 MAY reduce the time it tAkes.
You will however get a lot more level 1 enchants.
Disjunction is pretty useless IMO, sharpness is far more useful. Silk touch is the most useful enchant available with GregTech, however with Redpowers Disjhnction, the chances for it are yet lower even than vanilla, where its already shitly rare.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The rock-cutter is also EXTREMELY slow. In the extra time it will take you to mine a vein of nikolite with that, using a power tool you will have found another vein in the same time.
I imagine he want silk touch, probably to put on a vajra/power tool.

Silk touch enchants have the same chance from level 18 onwards, so simply having your programe check for 18 levels and enchant with them rather than using 30 MAY reduce the time it tAkes.
You will however get a lot more level 1 enchants.
Disjunction is pretty useless IMO, sharpness is far more useful. Silk touch is the most useful enchant available with GregTech, however with Redpowers Disjhnction, the chances for it are yet lower even than vanilla, where its already shitly rare.
But... you can use both Disjunction and Sharpness. Can't you? I could have swore you could.
And yes the rock cutter is slow as all hell; which is why I'm going to make a Pickaxe in Tinkers Construct with the battery modifier, the silky jewel for silk touch, and a bunch of redstone to make it really fucking fast.

natnif36

Jul 29, 2019
Be VERY careful with that battery modifier, unsure if its been fixed, but there's a problem that the tool will pull from all electrical armour, however when it tries to pull from an empty nano and/or quantum suit, it will "eat" the item. A bit like the problem with mazestone and electrical tools.
Unsure if this has been fixed, however Greg apparently lost several nano suits this way.

And yes, if you apply disjunction first you can also have sharpness.
You really start pushing the 30 level cap with that though, and of course you will have it named so that it can always be repaired.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Be VERY careful with that battery modifier, unsure if its been fixed, but there's a problem that the tool will pull from all electrical armour, however when it tries to pull from an empty nano and/or quantum suit, it will "eat" the item. A bit like the problem with mazestone and electrical tools.
Unsure if this has been fixed, however Greg apparently lost several nano suits this way.

And yes, if you apply disjunction first you can also have sharpness.
You really start pushing the 30 level cap with that though, and of course you will have it named so that it can always be repaired.
Or use Liquid XP. Liquid XP means you don't have to rename the item to be able to repair it again, because it will always cost the same amount, and the level 30 cap is ignored.