World border

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

myight

Jul 29, 2019
So I did a world border cut too 1500 radius then fill too 4000 on my Ftb monster and it really messed up a lot of biome's not just the border area. Is there anyway to get this fixed?

IE Tress with no leaves/volcano biomes with no black cobblestone and floating lava pools
floating snow/water areas

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I'm assuming you're meaning the configs in the Tinkers Construct config file?

The only ways that I can think to fix it would be to turn all that off, then back up your world because everything I suggest could break your world.

Route 1: Figure out which chunks you want to preserve; figure out which regions those chunks are a part of. Delete all other regions in your world save. Alternatively, figure out which regions are the problem regions and delete those.

Route 2: Use MCEdit to delete all the messed up chunks.

Both ways should make it so next time you travel to to any of the deleted chunks/regions, they will be forced to regenerate, thus fixing your problem.

As an aside, why a world border in the first place?

myight

Jul 29, 2019
New server owner doing don inhome for my kids and thought hey this will load all this so I don't have to fly all over not a good idea I guess :) .So I did copy my world folder and try to Mcedit out the areas then I loaded it in a single player and well stuff was still out of control a bit . Also I tried a Worldborder cut and then flying over the areas to reload them and the same issue maybe the worlds doomed lol..

O and thanks for the helpful responce

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry it didn't work out the way you wanted.

One thing you can try doing to keep an eye on where your youngsters are roaming is make sure the server and your client has Opis installed. This will let you cycle through various overlays, one of which is which chunks are loaded, and it differentiates between player-loaded chunks and force-loaded chunks (like from quarries or chunk loaders).

You can also make inter-dimensional Mystcraft portals between their bases to a central hub so you can quickly travel between those locations. Though I'd also use MineTweaker to disable the recipe for the ink mixer so they don't spam Mystcraft ages and bog down your server.

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
How old are the kids? You could intice them to stay in one area by building an infinite supply of goods that drop out of a dispenser once an hour. Program a turtle to check to see if they are in the area or not to validate the dispensing of items. Not that you want to program your children like Pavlov might :).