WIP Modpack - Omega Dawn

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm hoping to get my modpack onto the FTB launcher and would like some further testers to eliminate any potential problems. It's been alpha tested for a few weeks (and in dev for a long time), so majority of bugs/tweaks have been resolved, but like any pack, things get missed. In the final stages of compiling the mod list and obtaining permissions.

So,let me tell you about my sandbox and the toys you'll find within...

The pack has been in development since 1.4.7, when I had a private server and some players joining me on there, so the core ideas have had plenty of time to be tested and refined.
This pack focuses more on survival and resource management, but not to the extremes of themed challenge packs. It's also designed to slow you down a little, so there's some extra effort in building the toys, treading the fine edge between reward vs grind. I've also tried to put more use into some mod blocks, so you don't just build once and never use again.
In a nutshell, it's an Almost All The Mods pack with extra survival.

The theme is tech with an hint of magic, set in some form of apocalypse setting. Just, you are not quite sure what the apocalypse actually was, its either all the undead and weird creatures roaming around the ruins, the creeping purple stuff, meteors or who knows what. It's up to you to make your own story.

Survival
Survival difficulty is increased by using Zombie Awareness, Enviromine, Hardcore Darkness, Spice of Life and a hint of Hunger Overhaul and Infernal Mobs, supplemented with Primitive Mobs & Dark Menagerie.
(Hard difficulty recommended for added "fun").

Resource Management
Ores are scarce (roughly 1/4 of vanilla), featuring custom ore generation using a mix of poor, normal and dense ores thanks to CoFH World Gen, CustomItems, MineTweaker and ModTweaker. The pack offers 0.5x up to 5x ore processing.
Combined with slightly more expensive recipes, managing your early game resources will be crucial.

Adventure
The pack is heavy on world gen, featuring ruins and dungeons to explore/loot, along with alternative dimensions Twilight Forest and The Erebus.
Apart from Antique Atlas, there is no mini-map, exploration is now more of an adventure.

Mods
As well as what has been mentioned, the pack includes EnderIO, Mekansim, Thermal Expansion, GalacticCraft, Botania, Thaumcraft, Thaumic Tinkerer, Tinkers Construct, Hardcore Ender Expansion, Railcraft, Big Reactors, Biomes O Plenty, Chisel, Carpenters Blocks, MFR, Railcraft, Forestry, Buildcraft, Team Fortress 2 Sentry, Better Villages, Magical Crops (heavily configured), AE2, Witchery, Ruins Mod, City Wall Mod, Better Dungeons (Chocolate Quest), Aether Mod, PneumaticCraft, Project Red, Extra Utilities. In total over 140 mods loaded.

Full Mod list can be found here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46396473/OmegaDawn/OmegaDawn Mod List.htm

Interested?
Send me a PM, and I'll arrange for private download links. There are 3 downloads, the pack and two resource small packs.
Also interested in feedback and suggestions, my knowledge of the magical mods is quite weak, so there might be some easy "exploits" that bypasses some of the added challenge.

Known Issues:
  • Usual 1.7.10 performance issues - fastcraft and/or optifine may help (results vary). Due to size of pack and world gen, you will need a good computer.
  • Better Dungeons can sometimes cause a crash when generating dungeons - reloading "fixes".
  • TF2 sentry targeting device can sometimes cause a crash. reloading "fixes".
  • Some ruins sometimes don't display blocks, reloading makes the blocks show.
  • Due to limits on Biome IDs, some TF biomes will rarely generate in the overworld.

Thanks to:
Apart from all the mod authors and FTB team, I'd also like to give thanks to @glepet1962 and @Gnomeo for current alpha testing, and to also @apemanzilla , @mdutcher , @Pixali , @YX33A and others for previous testing/feedback/ideas

Development Screenshots:
SAGMill.jpg

GiantRuinedCity.jpg

BattleTowers.jpg

NewRoads1.jpg

NewStuff1.jpg

HotnCold.jpg

Last edited:

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
You might be better off sending it in and still keep it as an beta pack. It will go in unlisted public, where basicly anyone can try it out for you :)