Will pulverizing Ferrous Ignots have a chance to give you shiny metal?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt it but... topic?

(The drop rate on shiny metal seems REALLY low. I Pulverized a stack and a half of ferrous ore and only got 1.)

Zalison

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Was just checking. What the chance on the shiny metal though? is it really 10%? It seems more like .10.. lol

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Thaumcraft cinnabar or Thermal expansion cinnabar? Because there's two types now.

Yup. Always found this silly. When I first made the induction smelter, I was thrilled at all the cinnabar I had stock piled up! Wait, why does it not look like that in NEI? WTF? Oh, /wipes forehead just have to pulverize redstone!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
you can use cryotheum(sp?) on TC4 cinnabar to make it TE cinnabar at least
True, but OP didn't know how you power a pulverizer until a few days ago I highly doubt that they are at the stage where they can produce cryotheum. Then again it is an option for later on.

Also, as I wondered; Depending on the pack if it has Electricraft installed you can pulverize platinum ore which also guarantees a shiny bar or platinum which is interchangeable.