why does my applied energistics system keep stopping?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
any update to the network (by adding or removing components or dark cable) causes a reset of the crafting

is there any thing like that happening on your network?

SnowsongWolf

Jul 29, 2019
I've also found that import busses tend to cause issues with the molecular assembler. When my quarry is running (ender chest with two importers on it set to stack mode), recipes get stuck and sometimes the crafting queue vanishes altogether. If a recipe hangs on missing materials, often times it won't resume when I give the system the missing mats (again, when my quarry is running). I've been wanting to set up separate AE networks, one for processing raw materials and one for auto crafting, but I'm not sure if I can accomplish this without the same issue appearing. I've also seen the issue when using an export bus to auto-dustify ores.

If I'm not importing or exporting items when I attempt to craft, I tend to have no problems.

nerdnosyd

Jul 29, 2019
How big is your system? If you add or remove anything from the network, it cancels all crafting jobs. And AFAICT, it does the same if a chunk with a piece of the network in unloads. Make sure your entire network is chunkloaded, and don't modify it at all while crafting.

That explains why my crafting system was messing up earlier when I'd ask it to make me things and go to a different age and come back and see it had not made said things! Friends had been branching out the wireless access points right outside the chunkloaded bounderies; I shall be resolving that with some dark cables. Maybe now I'll get those 8 64k disks I've been asking for!

Thank you!

ForJagler

Jul 29, 2019
As coinless said , or it might be that u have a way for getting the same thing more than 1 way for example : craft 4 planks from 1 wood + craft 6 planks for sawing a wood.
i had much intergation and that happened so it might be the prob.

gabriel_1k

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having the same issue, I will start a craft and it will make 1 or 2 items then just cancel, nothing in the craft monitor. than it just stopped crafting all together. Mostly just when I try to craft any AE items, but some times when I try to craft complex items. I am on a single player world on FTB unleased. My whole network is loaded, no dark cables, or level emeters are on the network. I have multiple sub-networks connected to it, works fine most the time, but than just stops. Restarting the client doesn't even fix it.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I have been having the same issue, I will start a craft and it will make 1 or 2 items then just cancel, nothing in the craft monitor. than it just stopped crafting all together. Mostly just when I try to craft any AE items, but some times when I try to craft complex items. I am on a single player world on FTB unleased. My whole network is loaded, no dark cables, or level emeters are on the network. I have multiple sub-networks connected to it, works fine most the time, but than just stops. Restarting the client doesn't even fix it.
Woah, this thread's a bit less than a year old!

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
Woah, this thread's a bit less than a year old!
indeed, it is.

look at it this way; this new member knows how to use the search function, rather than making a new thread on the same subject that has been brought up 5,432,392 times. he would have likely been chewed on for that as well. either way he's boned.

edit: realize that this is his first post, and he joined just to make this post. he's obviously having AE trouble.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
indeed, it is.

look at it this way; this new member knows how to use the search function, rather than making a new thread on the same subject that has been brought up 5,432,392 times. he would have likely been chewed on for that as well. either way he's boned.
I would agree, but this is a different MC version, and thus a different bug. But to answer his question,
You'll need to downgrade due to some bugs that will go unfixed for the rest of 164.

Reactions: midi_sec

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
image.jpg

XLT_Frank

Jul 29, 2019
I found a solution of disabling my chunk loader and leaving the area for a moment. I am thinking about have a spot loader with a turtle and a chunk loader to cycle the chunk while I am away.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk