What's your 1.6 modlist?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I know the spawn rules Korsovan, I played ftb unleashed you know >.>.
How do you explain the lack of geodes in ocean biomes though?

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
hmmm... 1.6. Unless theres something akin to FTB ultimate 1.4.7 I'll look along the lines of

Applied Energetics
Buildcraft +BC tools and Logi Pipes
Dartcraft
(if I can disable all the worldgen and mobdrops- the only way in is UUM)​
EBXL or BoP
EE3
Extra Utilities
Factorization
Forestry +Extra bees +Magic Bees +Extra Trees
IC2 adv. solars, gravi suite and GT
Iron Chests
MFR (hardmode)
Railcraft and Steve's Carts
RotaryCraft
Tinkers Construct
Thermal Expansion (hardmode)
Thaumcraft 4

Probably infini-bows and something to drop the level limit on the anvil.

XyCraft (if/when updated)
Redpower (if updated)

Probably the only 'non-gameplay' mods would be NEI and MATmos
I find things like WAILA and minimap clutter the screen.

Korsovan

Jul 29, 2019
I know the spawn rules Korsovan, I played ftb unleashed you know >.>.
How do you explain the lack of geodes in ocean biomes though?

Dunno have not looked for em, I'll take a peek once I can load some new ocean biomes on the server I'm on[DOUBLEPOST=1383275215][/DOUBLEPOST]
hmmm... 1.6. Unless theres something akin to FTB ultimate 1.4.7 I'll look along the lines of

Applied Energetics
Buildcraft +BC tools and Logi Pipes
Dartcraft
(if I can disable all the worldgen and mobdrops- the only way in is UUM)​
EBXL or BoP
EE3
Extra Utilities
Factorization
Forestry +Extra bees +Magic Bees +Extra Trees
IC2 adv. solars, gravi suite and GT
Iron Chests
MFR (hardmode)
Railcraft and Steve's Carts
RotaryCraft
Tinkers Construct
Thermal Expansion (hardmode)
Thaumcraft 4

Probably infini-bows and something to drop the level limit on the anvil.

XyCraft (if/when updated)
Redpower (if updated)

Probably the only 'non-gameplay' mods would be NEI and MATmos
I find things like WAILA and minimap clutter the screen.

EE3 is going to be EE4 soon, fingers crossed for the release of Thermal expansion 2 otherwise use Ender I/O, Xycraft I'm not holding my breath for, Redpower? There is a lot of alternatives to redpower. Project Red, Forge multipart, and a few others

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
Quarried stone isnt going to be as common as stone or even rp2 marble as there is also red granite and black granite spawning from the same mod, that being said, when you do find it, it'll typically be a few stacks worth even though its not going to be in every biome you come across

Red and Black granite are from Gregtech, not Railcraft

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
installed chickenchunks seeing as I'm slowly hitting the point of automated mining with the arcane bore and I want to have it mine in the deep dark and not have to babysit it the whole time.
and Thaumcraft really needs a higher grade wand, I now have 8 silverwood thaumium capped wands and I could use even more of them :p

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say dunno if it was one of the mods fault or minecraft's fault but the 1.6.4 server I made has nearly no cpu usage compared to the 1.5.2 unleashed server.
It's like at 2% usage when the unleashed server was constantly at least at 10%(on a very good cpu).

edit:
Apparently there is a bug in modular powersuits that triggered when going to a mystcraft age(getting the temperature of the biome)...
I tried upgrading to a wip version pf mps and it crashes the server at startup.
Well it explains why there is still no 1.6.4 ftb pack version, things are still hectic.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say dunno if it was one of the mods fault or minecraft's fault but the 1.6.4 server I made has nearly no cpu usage compared to the 1.5.2 unleashed server.
It's like at 2% usage when the unleashed server was constantly at least at 10%(on a very good cpu).

edit:
Apparently there is a bug in modular powersuits that triggered when going to a mystcraft age(getting the temperature of the biome)...
I tried upgrading to a wip version pf mps and it crashes the server at startup.
Well it explains why there is still no 1.6.4 ftb pack version, things are still hectic.

that's the nice thing of using a modpack made by others, you know it's been tested over and over and has been configured to run as efficient as possible.
but when you've to do that all by yourself... it's alot of work.

also, installed NEI Plugins, but sadly no TC4 support yet :(

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
You know what's frustrating?
I just looked up the source and the latest commit is a fix for that specific crash.
But of course it won't run on the server because apparently the numina lib is trying to access EntityPlayerSP on the server.
And of course that library is written in something called scala which renders the exception report completely useless.

*GRUMBLES*

edit:
Woot I managed to get it running and I could log on this time!
I just used latest machinemuse(b 24) with the mystcraft fix and used numina b 20.
You're supposed to keep both of them updated but as long as it works :p.

I think I know where the bug is too but no idea how to fix it(my knowledge of forge api is null :p).

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
You know what's frustrating?
I just looked up the source and the latest commit is a fix for that specific crash.
But of course it won't run on the server because apparently the numina lib is trying to access EntityPlayerSP on the server.
And of course that library is written in something called scala which renders the exception report completely useless.

*GRUMBLES*
Downgrade Numina to #20, it works with lastest MPS.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Ahah I was editing the message to show that I found that solution, thanks anyway :p.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new game a couple weeks or so ago called Back to Basics, where I opted to install a minimal set of mods, primarily to play with the new Thaumcraft, but ended up also adding some other mods that I thought I should finally try out too.

Biomes O' Plenty
BuildCraft (mostly for handling liquids)
Chicken Chunks
DartCraft (new for me, kinda fun)
Ender Storage
Galacticraft (also new for me, haven't made a rocket yet!)
Hopper Ducts (I make it)
IC2 Experimental (wanted to try the changes)
Inventory Tweaks
Iron Chests
NEI
Redstone Paste (I make this one too)
Rei's Minimap
Tinkers' Construct
Thaumcraft 4
Translocators (still not played with it yet actually)
Wireless Redstone

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
I started a new game a few weeks ago also called Primarily Newer, Looked Over, Unused, or Revamped Mods. It's become Tech World 2 and Magic World 2. :p

And guess what? You already know your in the packs :p

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
For you guys using universal electricity and its addons, is it worth adding? I'm afraid of adding it since I already have so many energy focused mods (IC2, railcraft, buildcraft, forestry, factorisation, some addons for IC2 and probably I'll add gregtech for the first time), and I feel it would be a pointless addition. On the other hand, there are some addons that seem pretty nice too, so maybe it could be fun.

matpower123

Jul 29, 2019
For you guys using universal electricity and its addons, is it worth adding? I'm afraid of adding it since I already have so many energy focused mods (IC2, railcraft, buildcraft, forestry, factorisation, some addons for IC2 and probably I'll add gregtech for the first time), and I feel it would be a pointless addition. On the other hand, there are some addons that seem pretty nice too, so maybe it could be fun.
I reccomend adding them if you can.
UE got some nice stuff.

FyberOptic

Jul 29, 2019

You might like them. I wasn't really a fan. I didn't like that you could only power them from a particular side of the block. I also didn't care for the higher-res artwork used on some of the icons. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the game, in my opinion.

Worse yet, my initial experience with them was when they had extraordinarily loud sound effects, so bad that I had to manually edit the sound files and put them back in. There was also some really strange glitch with the rendering of the more 3D blocks, which was too annoying to ignore. My later experience had noticeable lag from some bug at the time during the 1.5.x updates.

That being said, part of me still wants to give them a proper try, using them as my main technology mods. That's partially because you're right, they do have some neat additions. Maybe one day.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
You might like them. I wasn't really a fan. I didn't like that you could only power them from a particular side of the block. I also didn't care for the higher-res artwork used on some of the icons. It doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of the game, in my opinion.

Worse yet, my initial experience with them was when they had extraordinarily loud sound effects, so bad that I had to manually edit the sound files and put them back in. There was also some really strange glitch with the rendering of the more 3D blocks, which was too annoying to ignore. My later experience had noticeable lag from some bug at the time during the 1.5.x updates.

That being said, part of me still wants to give them a proper try, using them as my main technology mods. That's partially because you're right, they do have some neat additions. Maybe one day.

UE mods also have an incompatibility with Optifine, causing the icons of items/blocks in NEI to be invisible or distorted. I don't know if this has been fixed with the 1.6 versions though
but for me, who always plays with Optifine, it was a reason to not install UE mods

Reactions: Aloc

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019

If it were 1.5 we were talking about, I'd say yes, add it because its awesome. However, as we're talking about 1.6, I'd avoid it like the plague. Atomic Science eats ticks for breakfast, Mekanism universal cable kills worlds wholesale, and resonant induction is just plain broken. Also, Calclavia seems to be focusing on his own game, which doesn't bode well for updates anytime soon.

Reactions: Aloc and FyberOptic

Morrigi

Jul 29, 2019
I use a modified StellarCraft modpack.
I removed Metallurgy, screwed with the GregTech configs, added Tubes and BWG4, and I'll probably add Thaumcraft 4 in the near future.

ThePixie35

Jul 29, 2019
My mod list for 1.6 is looking ok, except Tinkers Construct crashes my instance, stable or dev version. Anyone got TiC working?

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I got TiC working, version 1.4.7d7.
No issues.
I tried the dev version but it was a broken mess last time I tried it.