What's new in modded minecraft today?

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
It is the Jenkins changelog...

And even up means that the power system is changing. It's outlined in this github issue
Jenkins changelog is actually from git commits, see https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/commits/master

https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/1037 this is a really nice document, always good to know what's the reasoning behind the mod design, thanks for the link :)[DOUBLEPOST=1398347538][/DOUBLEPOST]@mDiyo released Tinker's Construct 1.5.5.4 earlier today (or yesterday, depends on your timezone
- Fixed Smeltery failing over time

Pretty important fix I think.

Reactions: AlCapella

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
You enjoy it requiring twice the amount of steps or more to make even a electric furnace as it douse any other mod? And that if you make any mistake it blows up on you and you have to start over againe? There is a reason it's in a fraction of the packs it used to be in.
It was supposedly balanced for difficulty and challenge. So why is it not in any of the hard mode packs?
In fact the only packs it's in are the super general and throw any teck mod in packs.
Face it as fare as pack makers and most players are concerned Ender IO is the new IC2. Fast effective powerful and well balanced. With out taking a week to set up a system that is half as effective as most others Like IC2.

This has been gone over so many times, why can't you just accept GregTech is marmite and leave it alone?

And EnderIO is nothing like IC2 they do different things and EIO is nowhere near as popular as IC2 was. Still a great mod.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is for actual news on mod updates, not jokes and fake "gotchas". Let's keep it that way. ;)

On another note, do not turn this topic into yet another debate about GregTech. This is not the place for it. You have been warned.​

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
This thread is for actual news on mod updates, not jokes and fake "gotchas". Let's keep it that way. ;)

On another note, do not turn this topic into yet another debate about GregTech. This is not the place for it. You have been warned.
Sorry... *sadface*
I guess the inner troll in me just took over, but I'm sure this won't happen again.

VapourDrive

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of enderIO...
Some new stuff from the fantastic CrazyPants
Many (all?) of the machines now have input/output control per side which can be set in this fancy GUI
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn888bw6crlgh6q/capbankIO.png
The SAG mill is now also up-gradable for increased ... everything :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ejat22rfzgmxop/Screenshot 2014-04-22 20.47.00.png
Also, haven't seen much in this thread (may have just missed it) but some of the "new" power gen stuff is really cool, somewhat similar to mekanism's liquid based machines:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzade7x611drpt2/Screenshot 2014-04-17 10.13.32.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/abtqg8asx9p8zeh/Screenshot 2014-03-31 14.54.25.png

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of enderIO...
Some new stuff from the fantastic CrazyPants
Many (all?) of the machines now have input/output control per side which can be set in this fancy GUI
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn888bw6crlgh6q/capbankIO.png
The SAG mill is now also up-gradable for increased ... everything :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ejat22rfzgmxop/Screenshot 2014-04-22 20.47.00.png
Also, haven't seen much in this thread (may have just missed it) but some of the "new" power gen stuff is really cool, somewhat similar to mekanism's liquid based machines:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzade7x611drpt2/Screenshot 2014-04-17 10.13.32.png
https://www.dropbox.com/s/abtqg8asx9p8zeh/Screenshot 2014-03-31 14.54.25.png

damn, I can only give 1 like for this :(

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting with @Reika with updates for DyeTrees, ElectriCraft, EnderForest, GeoStrata, MeteorCraft, ReactorCraft and RotaryCraft
Reika said:
V21
  • DyeTrees: TF animals can now spawn in the Rainbow Forest
  • ElectriCraft: Fixed resistor negative resistance bug (max current now 990MA)
  • EnderForest: Liquid ender now resets fall damage
  • GeoStrata: Fixed slate not generating
  • GeoStrata: Fixed connected stone not rendering in otherwise empty render subchunks
  • GeoStrata: Made stone gen more efficient
  • MeteorCraft: Fixed radar crash on server
  • ReactorCraft: Fixed radiation poisoning disconnect/crash
  • ReactorCraft: Sodium boilers no longer viable inside HTGRs
  • ReactorCraft: Added fusion layout blueprint device
  • ReactorCraft: Fire is no longer viable for heating Heat Exchanger
  • RotaryCraft: Fixed electric motor crash
  • RotaryCraft: Added option to turn off the terraformer
  • RotaryCraft: Forcibly disabled TE hardened glass/blast glass recipe overlap
  • RotaryCraft: Tungsten no longer required to craft turbines

and ProfMobius with an update for Opis
ProfMobius said:
v1.2.2
  • Redesign of the tabbing. Each data gathering is in a tab inside categories for easier access.
  • Added deeper network profiling. The network tab now shows the type of packet/channel and some other data.
  • Added ping measurement. This will compute the round trip + data processing.
  • Added rendering handlers client side.
  • Added event profiling server & client side.
  • Added a tool to detect orphaned and duplicated TileEntities.
  • Added cumulative stats for Entities and TileEntities timing.
  • Added list of TileEntities (doesn't require timing data).
  • Massive network optimization. Data is send on request only and all strings are cached, providing a massive reduction in data transfered.
  • Large refactoring of some areas, too many to list.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Face it as fare as pack makers and most players are concerned Ender IO is the new IC2. Fast effective powerful and well balanced. With out taking a week to set up a system that is half as effective as most others Like IC2.

Nope. As far as most modpack makers go TE3 and MFR are the new IC2 and ExU is the new BC. Players are of course a whole different ballgame.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
Nope. As far as most modpack makers go TE3 and MFR are the new IC2 and ExU is the new BC. Players are of course a whole different ballgame.

+1! Even though I am a player and a hobbyist mod pack hacker, this is one remark that I can wholeheartedly get behind purely as a player :)

Reactions: PierceSG

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
So, as someone who's newly playing gregtech, it is nice to know that he's about to expand his ideas into a full blown mod. He's very thorough and structured in how he sets out the gameplay mechanics of his mod, and for that you have to hand it out to him.

Can someone post the link to the original thread in the IC2 where this discussion originated? The greg thread is over 1800 pages long and growing daily, and it is daunting to even know where to begin, to home in on this.

Whatever's bound to come from his stables is going to be thorough, structured and hard. Good luck to us (and to him) Let's hope he retains his compatibility with IC2 machines, since those were his roots.

The one thing that I really have a big gripe about greggie's mod, is that all of his in-game manuals are dungeon chest loot! Let's say, If you join a game midway when most raiding and looting is done already, there is no manual to go around. I wish he would either allow new players to generate those manuals using some form of crafting recipe or duplicate existing manuals! :( If anyone here can get this message across to him, that would be nice.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
There's a printing machine for that exact purpose!

Edit : http://ftbwiki.org/Printing_Factory

Oh, thanks for the info. [/genuine]
[then clicks on the link, then follows the other components needed]**
And then, followed by
Oh, thanks [/sarcasm]
Yet another power guzzling, resource hungry machine for a one off manual duplication!

Some kind of
Code:
do {
      (Book || existing manual) + screwdriver + iron gear = Y_A_GT_manual;
while {manuals_exist};

on a crafting grid is the type of solution I was looking for.

(**) ninja edit (forgot to add it earlier!)

Last edited:

abculatter_2

Jul 29, 2019
So, as someone who's newly playing gregtech, it is nice to know that he's about to expand his ideas into a full blown mod. He's very thorough and structured in how he sets out the gameplay mechanics of his mod, and for that you have to hand it out to him.

Can someone post the link to the original thread in the IC2 where this discussion originated? The greg thread is over 1800 pages long and growing daily, and it is daunting to even know where to begin, to home in on this.

Whatever's bound to come from his stables is going to be thorough, structured and hard. Good luck to us (and to him) Let's hope he retains his compatibility with IC2 machines, since those were his roots.

The one thing that I really have a big gripe about greggie's mod, is that all of his in-game manuals are dungeon chest loot! Let's say, If you join a game midway when most raiding and looting is done already, there is no manual to go around. I wish he would either allow new players to generate those manuals using some form of crafting recipe or duplicate existing manuals! :( If anyone here can get this message across to him, that would be nice.

Everything I put in my post I got from the Gregtech thread, and even after removing all posts not made by Greg I still had to sift through five pages just to find that quote. It was made awhile ago, though.

Also, at any rate, Greg has said that he still plans on using IC2 for some things. (He didn't elaborate any further on that, though) And he's also adding compatibility with his E-Net and IC2's through his transformers. He also seems to not intend to break away from IC2 any time soon, and apparently the recent changes he's made have been more to facilitate rapid development going forward then an actual break from IC2. One can hope, though. :p

As for getting a message through to him, just PM him on the IC2 forums, or less reliably you can post in the Gregtech thread and he may read and reply to the post. Also, all of his manuals are available in NEI, so you can always just spawn them in or read them in a creative world.

Reactions: AlCapella

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
This makes me sad since most many players feel Mekanism is the proper successor to the IC2 throne.

Fixed that for you friend :)

(I'm a bit of a stickler when it comes to statistics, and even polls are totally useless when only the folks who have a large vested interest take part!)[DOUBLEPOST=1398452409][/DOUBLEPOST]

Edit: I should add that I'm massively interested in checking out mek one day!