What's new in modded minecraft today?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
New Railcraft update, mostly just bugfixes and TC4.1 API compat.
http://www.railcraft.info/version-8-4-0-0-last-1-6-4-version-maybe/

Version 8.4.0.0
  • INFO: Updated Thaumcraft API to 4.1.0.
  • INFO: Final Update for 1.6.4.
  • NEW: Added Platforms, a varient of Posts.
  • CONFIG: Added multipler for Bore Mining Speed.
  • FIX: Added some checks to prevent the Thaumcraft Plugin from crashing if you disable some of Railcraft's items/blocks.
  • FIX: Train Dispenser was broken in 8.3.0.0, fixed now.
  • FIX: Using the Loader Gate Action "Pause" should be less unstable.
  • FIX: Fix possible loop in Tile Entity repair code.

Last edited:

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
Major update for Magical Crops!

Magical Crops said:
- Change: Magic Hoe now has infinite durability.
- Change: Magical crops names don't have the word "Magical" infront of each anymore, it's subtext now.
- Added: Arcane Fences, 12 Colours of arcane fences crafting with Tinted Wood.
Known issue with these, they don't render there colour properly in inventories.

- Added: 9 Different types of Juice.
- Added: Juicer, used to make juice.
- Change: Standard crop seeds are a little hard to find in tall grass.
- Change: You now need nature essence to craft magic fertilizer.
- Added: You can craft milk buckets from 4 essence around an empty bucket.
- Added: Essence Bread, 5 types of bread which is craftable with essence when eaten will give you a specific potion effect.
- Added: Raw Mutton and Squid meats which drops from Sheep and Squid, also cooked versions.
- Added: Juice Berry Blast use 3 berrys with squeezer and bottle to get, restores 4 hunger.
- Added: Beef, Chicken, Lamb and Pork Stew, made with cooked version of meat, tomato, sweetcorn and empty bowl.
- Added: Sugar Cane crop and seeds, get seeds by putting to sugar canes in crafting table.
- Added: Boiled Egg, Dried Red & Brown mushrooms and dried flesh, fills 1.5 hunger, made in furnace.
- Added: Hunger tool tips to all food, showing how much it fills you, this is configurable on or off.
- Fix: Thaumcraft golems now harvest and Plant Essence crops.
- Added: Forestry compatibility for standard crop seeds, you can now use them in the squezer.
- Changed: Re added all the crop textures, they now don't only use the same 3 for all crops, this was a bad move on my behalf for texture/resource packs, sorry.
- Fixed: Wither Skull recipe has been changed to no longer conflict with xp bottle recipe.
- Change: Name & color of infused diamond armor and infused diamond.
- Added: Config option to change the new magic fertilizer recipe back to the older one(bonemeal).
- Added: Epic Infused Armor, made with Infused armor and extreme essence it's the same as infused but has 3x the durability as infused diamond armor.
- Fixed: Infused Diamond armor can now be repaired in anvils, with Infused Diamonds or for epic Extreme essence.
- Updated New Thaumcraft 4.1 API.
- Added: Ability to turn lamp of growth boost on or off in configs for Magical crops (Thaumcraft 4.1 only)
- Added: 5 New types of Coal, Infused Coal, Dust, Weak, Regular, Strong and Extreme.
Essence Coal Dust - 2x Longer than Coal
Essence Coal Weak - 2x Longer than Essence Coal Dust
Essence Coal Regular - 2x Longer than Essence Coal Weak
Essence Coal Strong - 2x Longer than Essence Coal Regular
Essence Coal Extreme - 2x Longer than Essence Coal Strong

- BIG CHANGED: No more mod ingots/ores/gems added by this mod, it will now pull the item from the correct mod and use it instead of adding it's own.
Warning, if you have a stock of ores/gems/ingots from magical crops they will be deleted when updating.

- Fixed: Force Gems and Certus Quartz now all work perfect in any form not just in recipes.
- Added: Infused Shard Crop for Thaumcraft, seeds and essence, these are used to craft Thaumcraft shards.
- Added: Uranium Crop, seeds and essence, used to craft uranium ore, these will cause nausea and poison when walked over.
- Added: New particle effects to fully grown element crops, fire, earth and water.
- Fixed: Walrus bug fixed, no longer do walrus' next to crops help them grow.
- Added: If a magical crops is next to an arcane fence, the arcane fence will become charged and will hurt mobs by 20 magic damage if they walk into it.
- Changed: Food crop textures, thank you Chreaker!
- Added: Infusion stones are now needed to craft a greater power of essence, each infusion stone can be updated with different powers of essence, alsoa master essence which can carft any tier of essence.
- Added: New tool set, Essence tools, Pickaxe, axe, shovel and Sword. They are very expensive, but are unbreakable tools.
- Changed: Recipe for Magic Hoe, now called Essence Hoe

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that lowered the frequency of the standard crops, yes, as a common complaint was that they dropped too often, making vanilla crops difficult to obtain.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, that is good then, was worried that there was going to be another mod that made wheat seeds harder to get (looking at you harvestcraft :p)

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
new day, new update, starting of with @SpaceToad with an update for Buildcraft for 1.7.2, for those interested
it's a beta and basically just a port, and there's been 2 new bugfix releases so far...

Spacetoad said:
BuildCraft 5.0.0 (Universal Binary)
Requires latest Forge (10.12.0.1024+)

Support & Help
Bug Reports (NOT SUPPORT REQUESTS!)

So here we go, finally, a first beta version of BuildCraft running on Minecraft 1.7.2! Keep in mind that this is extremely beta at this stage. Don’t use it on any world you care about without making a side copy. There’s some remaining bugs on Forge too that prevent some of the features to work properly. The wiki is not yet up to date with the new behavior either, but that’s on the roadmap.

Enjoy!

SpaceToad

then, bluedart with a long update for Dartcraft
bluedart said:
DartCraft Beta 0.2.16
  • - Bugfix: Fixed a possible crash when loading TileMachines that have been improperly modified somehow.
  • - Bugfix: Infusing an IForceConsumer with Liquid Force in the infuser should not longer take an amount of levels equal to the previous amount required. No experience was meant to be taken.
  • - Bugfix: Fixed a glitch where Baconators would sometimes craft with a stackSize of 0, and therefore become invalid.
  • - Bugfix: Shaped DartCrafting recipes should now properly show when usage for their ingredients is requested.
  • - Bugfix: Wooden Force Slabs may again be properly crafted using Force Planks, instead of making Oak Wood Slabs.
  • - Bugfix: Force Belts should now work with hotkeys when they are in the rightmost hotbar slot instead of simply refusing to work in that slot.
  • - Updated to newer ThaumCraft support. Research Notes should now be correctly re-randomizable by Force Transmutations on both earlier and newer versions of ThaumCraft.
  • - Magnet Gloves can now draw items from inside a Force Belt that is on a player's hotbar. Hitting that slot's hotkey will also toggle the Magnet Glove's mode.
  • - Gold Dust is no longer required to make Force Potions and Chateau Notch.
  • - Chu Chus and other DartCraft nasties can now spawn in ExtraBiomesXL biomes.
  • - Added a config option to disable the ability to craft IC2 crystals out of rubies and redstone.
  • - Added the "Time" upgrade. This upgrade is Tier 3 and only given by a Clock.
  • - The Time upgrade can be added to a Force Sword, briefly slowing or stopping enemies it strikes.
  • - Upgrading a Force Rod with the Time upgrade will allow the rod to briefly imbue an area of the world with accelerated, decelerated or stopped time for a brief period of playtime. Shift-clicking a Rod of Time will change the mode and right-clicking will activate it. By default this uses a chunk of magic, but the amount and use can be configured.
  • - Stopping EntityItems will freeze them in place until the area is returned to normal. These frozen items can be claimed by left or right clicking them.
  • - Arrows can also be stopped in mid flight, but they will continue flying (and harming) when time is returned to normal.
  • - Blocks (in item form) and Arrows are physical while they are stopped, whereas Items are not.
  • - While stopped, most hostile mobs will not require weakening before being captured in a Force Flask.
  • - Players are not affected by Time magic in any way.
  • - Accelerating Skeletons or Creepers is a good way to die.
  • - The Fast and Hyper settings of the Rod of Time will allow blocks and TileEntities to update at increased rates. Crops, furnaces, Force Panels etc.
  • - Specifically, when a Rod of Time is right-clicked a temporary EntityTime is created at the location, which serves to change the flow of time for entities and blocks in a 6 block radius for approximately 10 real time seconds. After this long the entity is destroyed and removed from the world. The effects of these entities can effectively stack, but they cannot affect each other.
  • - A config section has been added for the Time upgrade, which allows the upgrade to be disabled for Swords or Rods altogether, or even to have the ability to affect Blocks or TileEntities limited or disabled.
  • - If enabled in the config the Time upgrade will be valid for Force Torches. Time Torches will keep an area within modified time, specified by the torch's current setting. To change the torch's setting, simply right-click it in the world to toggle its mode. By default this is enabled.
  • - Fast and Hyper Time affect the rate at which entities spawn from vanilla Mob Spawners. In addition to this, these settings will also allow these devices to work when no player is in range.
  • - Soul is now a required upgrade.
  • - Craft and Forge are no longer required upgrades.
  • - Opening and Closing Storage units as well as shooting Force Arrows have been given new sounds.
  • - Storage units will render as Sturdy when the config option "Super Storage" is enabled.
  • - Healing Torches now properly damage Ghasts.
  • - Added the cheat "/themoonlookstragicbettergivemesomemagic" which allows admins to give a player free magic for a specified time.
  • - Added specific Time support for Forestry TileEntities such as Squeezers, Carpenters and Centrifuges which did not work by default.
  • - Players in Creative Mode can now catch entities in Force Flasks without having to weaken them first.
  • - Bottled Entities may now be shift-right-clicked to throw the flask, much like a snowball or other throwable item. The entity will be released where the flask lands, and the empty flask will also be dropped at that location for retrieval.
  • - Force Flasks now have the potential to stack up to 64, instead of just one. They will, however, be unable to milk a cow in their stacked state.
  • - Bottled Entities now have the potential to stack up to 64, instead of just one. When picked up or manually bottled DartCraft will now stack entities that are similar enough to warrant stacking.
  • - Mob Chunks will now be manually stacked by DartCraft when they are picked up instead of stacking pseudo-randomly.
  • - A Flask of Angry Bees can be crafted by surrounding an empty Force Flask with Drones from Forestry. Once released, these agitated apians will attack nearby entities such as players or cows until they are killed. Angry Bees have large amounts of health but don't hit for very much. They tend to drain magic when they attack as well, however they cannot harm a player wearing a full set of Apiarist's Armor. These entities also tend to disperse after about 20 or so seconds, so killing them is not always necessary if you can outrun them. Angry Bees will never spawn naturally.
  • - Crafting Flasks of Angry bees can be disabled in the config.
  • - Added a cheat command "/youjustwantedhoneybutnowyoullgetstungy" to spawn Angry Bees around a player with some negative effects.
  • - Force Flasks may now be thrown by sneak-right clicking them. If they land on an entity they can capture they will do so, otherwise they will simply wait for someone to pick them back up.
  • - A few bottled entities have been added to NEI and Creative Mode.
  • - NEI usage and recipes for Bottled Entities such as Bottled Pigs and Flask of Angry Bees will now show only themselves and not every iteration of bottled entity.
  • - Modified the recipe for Force Flasks to use a Force Nugget instead of a Force Ingot. The output has also been been buffed to 3.
  • - Updated textures for the Power Drill and Power Saw to be more IC2-like.
  • - The Power Drill and Power Saw can now also be created by Force Transmuting Mining Drills and Chainsaws respectively. In addition, Power Tools now store 50k instead of 30k.
  • - Force Furnaces, Generators and other IC2 Force Machines now come in the white variety by default. They may still be recolored.
  • - Force Furnaces are now crafted with two Iron Ingots and three Force Ingots instead of just 5 Force Ingots.
  • - Force Torches now list their various upgrade iterations in NEI.
  • - Larger variations of Storage Units have been added to NEI.
  • - Ender Tots spawned with the "dontdismayjustlookaway" command will now despawn after 30 seconds.
  • - Ender Tots not killed by players will no longer spawn parents.
  • - Items with the Sturdy upgrade on them will now persist in a player's inventory through death. This includes Force Armor, Force Tools, Force Packs, Force Belts or anything else that happens to get the "Sturdy" upgrade in its tag data somehow. To be more specific, these items are stored in a buffer until a player respawns instead of being dropped. This buffer is saved to a file when the server is stopped, and read from this file when the server starts back up to ensure that players who log out or are kicked after dying are not penalized.
  • - Force Tomes no longer require shift to be held in order to view their point value.
  • - Sturdy's Armor coefficient will no longer apply when a player has run out of magic.
  • - Clipboards can now accept the Sturdy upgrade, which will allow them to persist in a player's inventory through death.

and lastly @pixlepix with an update for Thaumic Tinkerer
pixlepix said:
Build 127
  • Made erroring focii only available when mirrors enabled
  • Made Thaumic Tinkerer add CC API to Void jars

Reactions: jokermatt999

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Just put up a temporary changelog for Monster 1.0.11 https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Monster 1.0.11

I'll finish off the Horizons and Magic World changelogs later but basically

Monster now has Extra Cells and Better Storage

Horizons has now got the Weather Mod and ExtraCells

Magic World now has @Pokefenn's mod Totemic!!

These packs will be on the launcher quite soon

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Just put up a temporary changelog for Monster 1.0.11 https://feedthebeast.atlassian.net/wiki/display/PML/Monster 1.0.11

@Pokefenn so happy for this looking forward to it. I know you put a lot of hard work into it

Reactions: the_j485

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Last thing i say about this before going offtopic:

Cool and all, But well. How about the game itself instead of things asked for 1+ year?
The changes are cool with me. Most of them are basically for adventure map changes. As a player of vanilla adventure maps and not just modded MC, these things make me extremely excited because there are now a wide range of things you can now do with command blocks, etc. that will make such maps now very, very cool. For a taste of such an adventure map, you should try out Hypixel's Herobrine's Return map. Yes, it is vanilla, but it is very awesome. Trust me.

SinisterBro :3

Jul 29, 2019
The changes are cool with me. Most of them are basically for adventure map changes. As a player of vanilla adventure maps and not just modded MC, these things make me extremely excited because there are now a wide range of things you can now do with command blocks, etc. that will make such maps now very, very cool. For a taste of such an adventure map, you should try out Hypixel's Herobrine's Return map. Yes, it is vanilla, but it is very awesome. Trust me.

I know adventure maps, Those are amazing :)

SaintLucifer

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm i see a lot of mentions about ID shifting on monster, is this something that could cause problems on my server?

Boccob

Jul 29, 2019
Fix: Thaumcraft golems now harvest and Plant Essence crops.

That wasn't by design? I thought it was purposeful to prevent automating the ability to get the higher level seeds.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
That wasn't by design? I thought it was purposeful to prevent automating the ability to get the higher level seeds.

No. Wasn't by design. The golems still don't pick up secondary drops, though, such as nature essence and stuff.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019

Do not install Monster 1.0.11 yet as it appears that it has a few major issues. Namely it appears that the file that was pushed for Mariculture is only 0kb.

Eyamaz

Jul 29, 2019
Do not install Monster 1.0.11 yet as it appears that it has a few major issues. Namely it appears that the file that was pushed for Mariculture is only 0kb.

What? Try force updating to see if it fixes it or I'll check this when I get home.

danidas

Jul 29, 2019
What? Try force updating to see if it fixes it or I'll check this when I get home.

It occurred on both my client and the server so I doubt it was a download issue. I also always do a force update when updating the client.