What's new in modded minecraft today?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
To slow for that. But if it's further developed then yah it would be very nice for that.

That was with only two lasers though, and they weren't even running full strength. I think there is great potential for actual mining lasers with this mod.

Edit: First post on page 100!

Reactions: Vasa and Mevansuto

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Good news everyone! Mojang have said 1.8 won't be for a couple of months. This likely means a very high quality of update and a great set of stable 1.7.9 mods

Reactions: Pyure and Vasa

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Good news everyone! Mojang have said 1.8 won't be for a couple of months. This likely means a very high quality of update and a great set of stable 1.7.9 mods
Lol nope they're probably going to release it in a month and a half just to mess with modders

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

I honestly don't believe or trust that at all. After the growing number of updates after a large version switch (I mean really, we're up to 1.7.9 now, or is it higher?) I don't think they can get a quality update out anymore. Sure, some changes may be nice, but we shouldn't need this many updates afterwards to fix things.

Reactions: Pyure

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly don't believe or trust that at all. After the growing number of updates after a large version switch (I mean really, we're up to 1.7.9 now, or is it higher?) I don't think they can get a quality update out anymore. Sure, some changes may be nice, but we shouldn't need this many updates afterwards to fix things.
I wish they would slow down on the vanilla updates period. I mean the single biggest addition to the 1.8 snapshots are the slime block mechanics. Which is hilarious when you understand that those mechanics are part of a mod written by non-Mojang employees. Heck they brought in a mod dev to add horses to the game. Their most recent additions are mods, yet they continually delay making it easier for people to mod the game.

The pure Mojang additions have been lackluster. Villager breeding is weird now. Changes to rails had to be reversed since it broke longstanding mine cart physics. IIRC didn't they try to break mob farms and had to reverse course due to community outrage. And the ender mites are horribly bugged and don't seem to add much.

Mojang, people want mods not lapis enchanting. They want to be able to keep their modded worlds through multiple vanilla updates. They want to be less dependent on mod packs. The community wants options, not tacked on additions.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I wish they would slow down on the vanilla updates period. I mean the single biggest addition to the 1.8 snapshots are the slime block mechanics. Which is hilarious when you understand that those mechanics are part of a mod written by non-Mojang employees. Heck they brought in a mod dev to add horses to the game. Their most recent additions are mods, yet they continually delay making it easier for people to mod the game.

Mojang, people want mods not lapis enchanting. They want to be able to keep their nodded worlds through multiple vanilla updates. They want to be less dependent on mod packs. The community wants options, not tacked on additions.

This. I would be happy if Mojang stopped adding (IMO) useless features and worked on fixing the countless amount of bugs in the game instead.

Reactions: Ngar and RedBoss

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
This. I would be happy if Mojang stopped adding (IMO) useless features and worked on fixing the countless amount of bugs in the game instead.
We're definitely falsely entitled, don't get me wrong. I don't think I paid $20 for this game and I've gotten more updates than my $300 cellphone has over the same time frame. But when there's a clear shift in he user base, it seems that's where you should push your efforts.

But I'll digress and take it to the discussion thread. I don't want to derail the news thread too much.

Qazplm601

Lord of the Tumbleweeds
Sep 21, 2013
Where else?
We're definitely falsely entitled, don't get me wrong. I don't think I paid $20 for this game and I've gotten more updates than my $300 cellphone has over the same time frame. But when there's a clear shift in he user base, it seems that's where you should push your efforts.

But I'll digress and take it to the discussion thread. I don't want to derail the news thread too much.
one thing. i saw this somewhere. (i forget where)

"if mojang said all we did in 1.8 was a bunch of code, lots of people would be pissed.(vannila people)

Reactions: RedBoss

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
one thing. i saw this somewhere. (i forget where)

"if mojang said all we did in 1.8 was a bunch of code, lots of people would be pissed.(vannila people)
Mojang makes a good game. If they feel like they need to fix the previous code to fit new things, then they can and that's good. In a youtube video I heard someone say mojang was re coding a lot of stuff becuase the original code doesn't work well enough for how large the game is becoming, and re coding the vanilla code to work enter then that can only help modded work better also
Edit: sorry for contributing to this discussion, it just annoys me when people complain that the new features aren't good enough, it's such a good game already

Last edited:

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
Ya I agree but I think that's better for the modding community because now they have to fix these bugs and it will take them a while but you cannot deny the slime blocks and the 3d texture pack options are awesome.

Geometry

Jul 29, 2019
I can, actually. I would rather have a stable game without bugs (several being months old) over stuff I will never touch.
I agree with you, but for vanilla players, it's the other way around. Since they won't have mods, the only new content they will be getting is from vanilla. I won't be using the new slime block mechanics since there are better alternatives such as MFFS, but for vanilla players, it's a big deal. They'll be making dozens on contraptions with them, while I will be making none. If Mojang update slower, vanilla players will not be happy, but we will be and vice versa. Unless they stick to one version, there really isn't any way to satisfy both sides.

Now for those interested in continuing this discussion, please do so Here:)

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
That was with only two lasers though, and they weren't even running full strength. I think there is great potential for actual mining lasers with this mod.

Edit: First post on page 100!

I tested it with a full power laser. It wasn't that fast. And I think the power of the lasers only add up to a point. One laser at full might be 10. And 2 at 5 might also be 10. But one at 5 and one at 6 or even 2 at 10 will only be 10.

But like I said with some more development it might do. And he did say he was going to combine it with one of his other mods and develop it more.
With that Luxcraft and Zycraft's lasers 1.7 is turning into the laser, mod, update.

Edit: The lasers do combine. But any mass use of the lasers will start causing a bit of lag.

Last edited:

CarbonBasedGhost

Jul 29, 2019
They're awesome alright, but nothing that mods hadn't already had (even the Pistons mod originally had most of the slime block features that they didn't copy).
Ya I guess but that still doesn't detract from the 3d texture pack awesomeness.[DOUBLEPOST=1400461707][/DOUBLEPOST]
I can, actually. I would rather have a stable game without bugs (several being months old) over stuff I will never touch.
Yes but from a mod maker perspective with the 3d textures I can just implement them to my mod off the bat and not have to do any complicated proxy things. You will see a lot more 3d textures in mods I guarantee it.