What server plugins do you think you count live without

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
havent really noticed many since we went to sql, flat file has a few bugs still and takes alot longer but hes fixed alot of bugs in recent versions. and you know me I gotta put my two cents in

-mcmmo
-residence

The biggest issue i had was [IndustrialCraft].

This Fake user ( CP still see this as a real user) is a username that is 17 Characters long.

CoreProtect can only handle 16 Characters. This is proven if you look to your Database structure and look to the Username. Max characters is (16). This means console gets some spam that it cant save this thing due to this issue.

What is the difference? I do not know exactly what hawkeye is.

Its basicly the same. Just main commands differe a bit and the way it handles things. Also i liek the fact that with hawkeye you need to hold the tool to actually check things.

soulgriever

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest issue i had was [IndustrialCraft].

This Fake user ( CP still see this as a real user) is a username that is 17 Characters long.

CoreProtect can only handle 16 Characters. This is proven if you look to your Database structure and look to the Username. Max characters is (16). This means console gets some spam that it cant save this thing due to this issue.

Its basicly the same. Just main commands differe a bit and the way it handles things. Also i liek the fact that with hawkeye you need to hold the tool to actually check things.
O ya forgot about that one, was actualy able to patch it because of you :p because he doesnt have blacklist posted on his man thread which is a bit aggravating

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
O ya forgot about that one, was actualy able to patch it because of you :p because he doesnt have blacklist posted on his man thread which is a bit aggravating

Yeah you can blacklist it but yeah. We like to see if something got griefed, how it happend. And if it tells us "[Industrialcraft]" we know more then if there is no data.

soulgriever

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah you can blacklist it but yeah. We like to see if something got griefed, how it happend. And if it tells us "[Industrialcraft]" we know more then if there is no data.
is it only cp that does that or do other griefeprevention plugins get mad at that as well, also you could just change the fake player :p [IC] way shorter then 17 chars

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
is it only cp that does that or do other griefeprevention plugins get mad at that as well, also you could just change the fake player :p [IC] way shorter then 17 chars

Well i have bin looking for that. Could find where i could change IC2 its fake player name tho. So i just took a different protection. And something i forgot to add. Database size.

CP : 8Gigs (Data older then 30 days deleted.)
Hawk : 4 - 5Gigs (Data older then 30 days deleted.)

This can probebly differ a bit but i found the data is storred in less vollume in Hawkeye. Also if you inspect in game. The way it is build up in chat ( the info) is much easyer to read then CP.
At the end. Again this might just be personal choices.

soulgriever

Jul 29, 2019
Wont lie to you never have used hawk have read great things about it just when I first heard about it I wasnt using databases at the time

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Never try'd CoreInspect.

CoreProtect for that matter is good but littered with issues
Apologies, I seem to have gotten confused, CoreProtect is CoreInspect. Core Inspect (/co i) is the command you use to identify block usage and such within the server. And you're right, it has it's fair share of problems but for a flatpack protection plugin, it's indispensable for those unsavvy to MySQL. (Like myself...)

McMMO is pretty insane when it comes to handling in my experience. In a decent traffic server, this makes up to 10k+ files and subdirectories that take ridiculous amounts of time to handle in anyway that isn't moving. I'd have to veto this.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
Apologies, I seem to have gotten confused, CoreProtect is CoreInspect. Core Inspect (/co i) is the command you use to identify block usage and such within the server. And you're right, it has it's fair share of problems but for a flatpack protection plugin, it's indispensable for those unsavvy to MySQL. (Like myself...)

McMMO is pretty insane when it comes to handling in my experience. In a decent traffic server, this makes up to 10k+ files and subdirectories that take ridiculous amounts of time to handle in anyway that isn't moving. I'd have to veto this.

Well hackeye can be used with Flatfile. Almoste any plugin can be used flatfile.

As for MCMMO. The huge ammount of files it creates in the world folder CAN be disabled in the .jar, there are guides and Tutorials how to do this on the MCMMO forum.

In fact MCMMO on its own is not a heavy plugin at all!. LWC, Towny,.... still are mucht more load intensive then MCMMO.

Wabbit

Jul 29, 2019
Well hackeye can be used with Flatfile. Almoste any plugin can be used flatfile.

As for MCMMO. The huge ammount of files it creates in the world folder CAN be disabled in the .jar, there are guides and Tutorials how to do this on the MCMMO forum.

In fact MCMMO on its own is not a heavy plugin at all!. LWC, Towny,.... still are mucht more load intensive then MCMMO.

I suppose it's redundant then. If people don't want to put the effort into researching how to do this, then the Dev's shouldn't put the effort into it to pander to them. Makes sense.
If Hawkeye can be used flat then I suppose there really is no need for CoreProtect. I should try it out on my server. The reason I haven't already is because my former tech-head said that he couldn't get MySQL to work for whatever reason and that Hawk needed it to work. We've used CP and other plugins since. I never really took it upon myself to look into it.
Well enough, y'know?

I'd still really like it if Factions could be supported however.

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
well the problem is factions is really badly coded. Its handles things awfully witch is not a problem for small servers with decent hardware. But it is for bigger servers.

For support. The fact is now that there is no bukkit or canarie or anything for the FTB server side. I hope slow holds off on server release but cant guarantee that. We ( Soulgriever and i ) are looking to port some of the high profile plugins from bukkit to Forge. Is the owner of the plugin will give us permission to let you guys download it we can.

soulgriever

Jul 29, 2019
well the problem is factions is really badly coded. Its handles things awfully witch is not a problem for small servers with decent hardware. But it is for bigger servers.

For support. The fact is now that there is no bukkit or canarie or anything for the FTB server side. I hope slow holds off on server release but cant guarantee that. We ( Soulgriever and i ) are looking to port some of the high profile plugins from bukkit to Forge. Is the owner of the plugin will give us permission to let you guys download it we can.
Im working on it and I gotta say it gives me a horrible headache lol but I do believe it to be possible with the biggest one we are worried about atm. Most of the tags seem to be available (just gotta find them) Wabbit trust me when I say if you setup a mysql server on your box you will NEVER go back to flat file I think I saved atleaste 3gb from coreprotect and Idk how much I saved with coreprotect, read a few guides on sql servers for your OS it feels overwhelming at first but once you figure out one youll be able to setup databases left and right without problems and mcmmo will probly be easier to port then my current project due to it not being an entire api

Nentify

Jul 29, 2019

1.4.2 ForgeBukkit (AlphaA has picked up development) has been released - http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3998.0 :)

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
1.4.2 ForgeBukkit (AlphaA has picked up development) has been released - http://www.mcportcentral.co.za/index.php?topic=3998.0 :)

Yup already seen that before. But again there are problems with this.

• Its still not fully changed to bukkit
  • If mods update we need to wait a second time for the port
  • If minecraft updates we need to wait again for all ports to the new MC and Forge
  • If we follow history this is just gone update to 1.4.2 and stay on that for Months !
So if we now make work of getting comfortable with Vanilla MC servers. And start working our way to designing plugins for Froge ( Forge WILL support ALL Bukkit hookins withing 2 weaks! ), then we dont Depend anymore on the freaking SLOW ports mcpc to bukkit.

Btw hello Nentify :) finely we see you here ? :p

soulgriever

Jul 29, 2019
Yup already seen that before. But again there are problems with this.

• Its still not fully changed to bukkit
  • If mods update we need to wait a second time for the port
  • If minecraft updates we need to wait again for all ports to the new MC and Forge
  • If we follow history this is just gone update to 1.4.2 and stay on that for Months !
So if we now make work of getting comfortable with Vanilla MC servers. And start working our way to designing plugins for Froge ( Forge WILL support ALL Bukkit hookins withing 2 weaks! ), then we dont Depend anymore on the freaking SLOW ports mcpc to bukkit.

Btw hello Nentify :) finely we see you here ? :p
Hey get on Skype and bring some Java people lol

Greedseed

Jul 29, 2019
How how i'm still at work atm soul :p Il get my ass online later today and see who i an bring in. :p

ronneke1996

Jul 29, 2019
Plugins we use on our server:
  • GriefPrevention
  • Multiverse
  • Essentials & EssentialsProtect
  • Votifier
  • Enjin Minecraft Plugin
  • WorldGuard
  • WorldBorder
  • RandomWarp
  • TreeAssist