What Modpack would you recommend?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Onikrex

Jul 29, 2019
I've played FTB Ultimate, but ended up leaving it to play Resonant Rise. After playing RR for about 2 weeks, a group of friends and myself gave up because of how stupid easy it was. We had everything we needed to play for the rest of the fame in just a few short days. We're looking for a modpack the is a challenge. Something where I HAVE to go mining a decent amount. We want machines, but not super easy machines. Anyone have any ideas?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Magic farm (heh I sound like a broken record) it has no IC2 which is great, it has the hunger mod which makes it almost impossible to go running off far to start with and has a massive focus on farming. Talking of farming there's TONS of veg/fruit etc that's modded in and you can make all sorts of food mmmmm pie.

Then there's the mobs, you have named mobs, boss mobs, mixture of vanilla mobs (yep seen a ender"creeper"man).

There's still enough machines to keep me happy (TE/MFR/Forestry/AE) as well as beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees, it just needs NEI adding cos the recipes for a lot of stuff have changed (like pulverisor needing cobalt).

Basically -
Unleashed = too easy gets boring fast, no challenge
Unhinged = lol too many mods missing, GT made it way too tedious
DW20 = ok I guess but like unleashed lacks a challenge
Magic Farm = hard to start, hard to get started, hard to stay alive, rubs hands in delight!! (spoilt only by thaumcraft dungeon chests giving out vast amounts of food)

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
Resonant Rise. Cause it's better than anything FTB has put out :)
edit: nvm, read the OP, looks like youre a GT fan

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft isn't easy nor hard. It's an offering of blocks that when combined can be wondrous structures or machines of varying complexity.

If you played RR and found it "too easy" I humbly request a tutorial on your fulmination chamber and what you did with its phenomenal energy generation. Did you build a particle accelerator? How big did you make your Big Reactor? Have you used golems to automate your fusion reactors? How many laser turrets defended your base?

Resource acquisition is a small part of the game. If that's all you focus on then no pack will satiate you.

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Minecraft has no goal. No way of winning. It can't be "easy" or "difficult" to go nowhere at all.

Anyways, sounds like you want to play Unhinged. It's perfect for you if the only thing you enjoy in Minecraft is saving up your pennies for one more machine.

Reactions: Hydra and RedBoss