What happened to the awesome, wearable Thaumcraft backpack?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Muckbeast

Jul 29, 2019
There used to be an awesome, wearable, thaumcraft backpack that had excellent storage, could hold anything, and since it was worn was accessed via a command. That meant it didn't waste a hotbar slot.

What happened to this item?

Is there anything similar in any mod?

I always want more storage/carrying capacity, but giving up hotbar slots for it stinks.

Thanks,

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, that is an upgrade focus pouch from the Thaumcraft's addon, Thaumic Tinkerer KAMI.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
There's also the Backpacks mod that lets you wear one of the backpacks and access it with a hotkey without taking it off. You can also set filters on the packs. ;)

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
It was sort of made redundant by Forestry's Mininers backpack, it holds shards which is frankly the only thing you'd need a thaumic backpack for. Silverwood/ Greatwood saplings also end up in your Foresters backpack along with Shimmerweed and Cinderbulbs. Then again a specialized wisp essence backpack would be very very much appreciated or something that captures and holds fluxy things safely.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
The upside to the thaumic one, was that tools and items with the repair enchantment would continue to do so while tucked away in the pack. So the Shovel, Hoe, Axe, and Thaumium Crowbar for example, would all repair while stored away.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
That feature might have been broken by the new repair mechanics. Repair draws from vis holding items.
The other inventory would have to be able to see you vis receptacle. Or maybe it could just need a wand In the bag with it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk