What FTB pack do you use and how do you configure it?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Though I haven't touched solar power (cause I buffed nuclear, 14 uranium cells at 1 efficiency=300 eu/t--yes, I need to nerf myself :p), I'm not sure which one to use. I've only used compact back in Tekkit, when I realized even an Ice reactor setup was not as good as one panel. But advanced seems cool, nighttime, and the internal storage.
I kinda like compact solars better. Advanced solars generate EU (less but still quite a bit) at night which some people argue is OP (It would be cool if there were separate lunar panels maybe) Compact solars are also a lot simpler in recipes, and there are three tiers of solar hats, with gravi suite there is one solar hat for the highest tier advanced solar. They mostly are the same though

Lambert2191

Jul 29, 2019
I don't care all that much about adv vs compact solars. I did solars back in Tekkit (no EE and no chunkloaders on a server) and I have no desire to ever create another solar panel.

Reactions: CrazyCoco

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Speak for yourselves, I used EE2 to make resources and used those resources to build cool stuff, I didnt find it boring

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
There's this one tekkit server, EE2 on, shops on, and there's an "economy". What you sell is Coal Coke.

Yep. Coal Coke. One of the easiest early-game materials.
Each one sells for $1, but voting on those sites gets you $1400. For one day.
With this, you can buy a town, quantum armor, and enough collectors/condensers to get yourself a powerflower or 4. In one day.
And they never reset, so the prices just go down and down, it's terrible :p

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
There's this one tekkit server, EE2 on, shops on, and there's an "economy". What you sell is Coal Coke.

Yep. Coal Coke. One of the easiest early-game materials.
Each one sells for $1, but voting on those sites gets you $1400. For one day.
With this, you can buy a town, quantum armor, and enough collectors/condensers to get yourself a powerflower or 4. In one day.
And they never reset, so the prices just go down and down, it's terrible :p
Public Tekkit servers are usually pretty horrible(pretty much the same goes for all public servers)

Reactions: clippjam

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I wonder, since I'm using a slightly outdated version of modular powersuits if I can enchant it using books. Also, I'm working on my powerful Zephyr Blade and Pick of he Core.

I would've used a diamond drill but eh.
If it's an old enough version that you can and you do, it will remove the enchantments when you update :V

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
If it's an old enough version that you can and you do, it will remove the enchantments when you update :V

I understand the game balance, but it's too bad. Because the only way to make the mining feature of the tool as fast as IC2's and Gravisuite's tool (or even an efficiency V diamond pick!) was to enchant it. Otherwise it's substantially slower. I hope in the future we see other ways to increase tool output (even though I saw one of your team members saying the tool was "already too fast" and denying the feature request).

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, and then the enchantments will be removed automatically whenever you wear the armor.
Does it change as soon as you equip the armor? So in theory could I put the armor on and then put enchantments on with NBTedit and it wouldn't change back

MachineMuse

Jul 29, 2019
I understand the game balance, but it's too bad. Because the only way to make the mining feature of the tool as fast as IC2's and Gravisuite's tool (or even an efficiency V diamond pick!) was to enchant it. Otherwise it's substantially slower. I hope in the future we see other ways to increase tool output (even though I saw one of your team members saying the tool was "already too fast" and denying the feature request).
Yeah Andrew was overstepping his bounds with that comment. The defaults have been adjusted on the tool and of course it is, as always, configurable :p

But, I am leaning on area-effect stuff rather than making the tool any faster than it currently is. My experience with IC2 and Gravisuit's tool (except on precision mode) is that it's too easy to accidentally drill through more blocks than you intended to, which can be a pain.

So instead, I am thinking of making a separate, expensive module which is a right-click function and causes blocks to instantly drop themselves. That way it serves the function of both silktouching and precision harvesting.

As I mentioned to someone in another forum,
Will we get an IC2 laser module eventually?
I'm actually leaning on 'no' for this one, and the more I see of these 'can you make a module that is this literally just this other item', the more I'm starting to get sick of them. What I'd rather do is ask, what needs does that item fulfill? And how would *I* meet those needs?
For example, my idea for clearing large swaths of blocks was the Sonic weapon, which would also randomly macerate stuff for example, or something. That would easily make up for the 'scatter' mode of the IC2 laser.

----
So the question with silktouch, fortune, etc. is: what does it do, and why do people want it? For silktouch, it lets you pick up blocks that you wouldn't normally be able to, and for fortune, it gives you more resources per ore block. Surely we can come up with more technological excuses for that than 'uhhhh the tool is MAGIC' :p

On that note, I'm thinking of replacing the shears module with a blade launcher which shoots projectiles that shear sheep and leaves and cobwebs in their path, and inflict damage (but not to sheep obviously! Because ummmm, the blades are MUTTONDYNAMIC)
Does it change as soon as you equip the armor? So in theory could I put the armor on and then put enchantments on with NBTedit and it wouldn't change back
Why are you so obsessed with this? No, it checks every tick.

Barbarian Kitten

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah Andrew was overstepping his bounds with that comment. The defaults have been adjusted on the tool and of course it is, as always, configurable :p

But, I am leaning on area-effect stuff rather than making the tool any faster than it currently is. My experience with IC2 and Gravisuit's tool (except on precision mode) is that it's too easy to accidentally drill through more blocks than you intended to, which can be a pain.

So instead, I am thinking of making a separate, expensive module which is a right-click function and causes blocks to instantly drop themselves. That way it serves the function of both silktouching and precision harvesting.

As I mentioned to someone in another forum,

I'm actually leaning on 'no' for this one, and the more I see of these 'can you make a module that is this literally just this other item', the more I'm starting to get sick of them. What I'd rather do is ask, what needs does that item fulfill? And how would *I* meet those needs?
For example, my idea for clearing large swaths of blocks was the Sonic weapon, which would also randomly macerate stuff for example, or something. That would easily make up for the 'scatter' mode of the IC2 laser.

----
So the question with silktouch, fortune, etc. is: what does it do, and why do people want it? For silktouch, it lets you pick up blocks that you wouldn't normally be able to, and for fortune, it gives you more resources per ore block. Surely we can come up with more technological excuses for that than 'uhhhh the tool is MAGIC' :p

On that note, I'm thinking of replacing the shears module with a blade launcher which shoots projectiles that shear sheep and leaves and cobwebs in their path, and inflict damage (but not to sheep obviously! Because ummmm, the blades are MUTTONDYNAMIC)

Whine receded, this is awesome.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest outside of removing some biomes and adding optifine I use Mindcrack rigth out of the box.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Because I like finding fun cheaty ways to do stuff using things like NBTedit and Mcedit filters (thank you sethbling) I am also making an FTB adventure map and sometimes those little pieces of info help. BTW thanks for making an awesome mod :D