What does your Thaumcraft Room look like?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
2013-01-25_01.23.49.png

the old.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Ughzug, that is one badass wizards tower if I may say so. Is that all actual glass viewers or is that a MFFS sphere with camo upgrade? Also I see a squid near the top, is that whole thing underwater? And what is the particle stuff at the top? Sorry for the questions but cool stuff piques my interest.

Ughzug

Jul 29, 2019
Ughzug, that is one badass wizards tower if I may say so. Is that all actual glass viewers or is that a MFFS sphere with camo upgrade? Also I see a squid near the top, is that whole thing underwater? And what is the particle stuff at the top? Sorry for the questions but cool stuff piques my interest.

this is one of many spheres on my sphere network. i quarry ocean and set a turtle to build spheres with viewing glass at a depth of 8y at a radius of 20, quite roomy. the particle effect you're seeing in that last screen shot is the smoking blocks you can find in the fire swamp biome thing found in twilight forest (hydra's lair are found there.) it's a rare biome so make a magic map to help you find one.

Zug

Coinless

Jul 29, 2019
This is what i got so far, i have all my portals in here so far, apart from necessary stuff anyone got ideas what too add?

xeeyb5.png

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
MystCraft may look at all the things called "Ores" and just throw them down.

Ore something, idk.

I really didn't mean to type ore.

Promise.
Not anymore. Like not for a while. Unless a mod uses the MystCraft API and codes their ores correctly, you can expect ZERO mod ores to be spawned as a direct effect from a Dense Ores Symbols.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if Our Tentacled Overlord did code his mod to use the Mystcraft API so his ores spawn from a Dense Ores Symbol.

lw_spartan

Jul 29, 2019
Never managed to take pics, wasn't aware the Mindcrack server I was invested in was going to randomly stop being paid for and then also lose its world file, as I was told it'd be up for min. a year plus, but anywhoooo I've taken to building the floors of my Thaumcraft/anytypeofmagic rooms with a giant Xycraft multi tank of water. It makes for easy access to water for your buckets, and creates an interesting ceiling if you have a room below it. It does make it harder to fit in with the classical wooden mage tower design though, but I thought I'd share the idea nevertheless.