What can i do to make water not look terrible

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Surfer72

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, so i was wanting to build an underwater base, and i was wondering what the best shaders or textures there are for water, or underwater. Right now water looks kinda terrible in the base, and its subtracting from the overall look.Help me please!o_O

Surfer72

Jul 29, 2019
Here they are, its just a test... thats not my house

So what shaders do i use

This is hardened glass on default. The glass looks crappy and the water doesnt help.
2014-01-02_23.35.59.png

2. This is Hardened Glass on sphax
2014-01-02_23.37.22.png

3. Heres glass viewer on sphax.
2014-01-02_23.41.52.png

4. This is the outside with glass viewer
2014-01-02_23.43.54.png

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I aint sure about 164 but in 147 you can use warded glass and it would look good.. Take a look..
r2rw.png

I think you can use ice also.. But i am not sure the gheyness of the ice is prior to 174 or not.

You can use ice but its cloudy as hell.. and I cant seem to find warded glass for thaumcraft in 164 so I am unsure if it is in there...

I also forgot to add that 147 shot above has optifine installed.. so its giving clear water being seen.. So it isnt default water.

Last edited:

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, Hardened Glass looks like shit. I've never had a build I like with Hardened Glass. I've always been partial to Vibrant Quartz Glass because it glows, but still looks like glass.

Ender IO also has some nice glowing (self-illuminated) glass.

If you want a super-smooth look, try TiCo's clear glass.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
He was talking about how the water looks anus running on the glass.. Thats why I showed him the Warded Glass from TC, it doesn't do that.. Also ice doesn't but its to cloudy, I tested it last night after my post... Its like TC's glass but way way way cloudy.

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
BDCraft (sphax) is what I run...water doesn't look anything like your water. Personally, I like TiCo glass for underwater domes. I built one, as a matter of fact, on my LP.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
What about that Walk-through glass from ExtraUtils made with Unstable ingot? I think it would kinda fit with an underwater base, you could go in and out, but no water flows in.

Surfer72

Jul 29, 2019
im not committed to any pack at the moment, i might try walk through glass if it doesn’t streak, but ill probably go with warded and optifine. Also is TiCo a texture pack or a different type of glass[DOUBLEPOST=1388772696][/DOUBLEPOST]
I aint sure about 164 but in 147 you can use warded glass and it would look good.. Take a look..
r2rw.png

I think you can use ice also.. But i am not sure the gheyness of the ice is prior to 174 or not.

You can use ice but its cloudy as hell.. and I cant seem to find warded glass for thaumcraft in 164 so I am unsure if it is in there...

I also forgot to add that 147 shot above has optifine installed.. so its giving clear water being seen.. So it isnt default water.
deathgod what texture is that.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo is short for Tinkerer's Construct. You make it in a Smeltery using sand. It's not difficult to automate, i.e. scale up production using at least a 4-high Smeltery, 9+ drains, and a Redstone Clock or similar to auto-pulse the drains. Oh, and hoppers beneath the TiCo crucibles to auto-eject (auto-pull) the glass blocks out. You can pipe in lava and hopper in the sand. Using that system, you can get 1,000+ glass blocks in less than an hour.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. Sadly, there are no warded glass/blocks (so far) in 1.6.4. . I heard that Azanor is still considering ways to make warded glass/blocks less griefable.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
Less griefable? They were indestructible.. I actually liked them.. That shot was taken on a server where I didnt trust anyone.. The room was warded glass and warded stone..

I liked it also because well if you see the OPs images on the glass and the warded glass image I showed You dont see any water running on the glass.. Which is a big big problem for all the glass that you can make in the game except as i said earlier warded glass and ice but ice is cloudy as hell..

Also the revelation that you stated well... Makes me not even wanna do TC research now considering its a real pain in the ass...

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Less griefable? They were indestructible.. I actually liked them.. That shot was taken on a server where I didnt trust anyone.. The room was warded glass and warded stone..

I liked it also because well if you see the OPs images on the glass and the warded glass image I showed You dont see any water running on the glass.. Which is a big big problem for all the glass that you can make in the game except as i said earlier warded glass and ice but ice is cloudy as hell..

Also the revelation that you stated well... Makes me not even wanna do TC research now considering its a real pain in the ass...
Think the problem is not that your blocks cant be destroyed, but someone elses blocks in the middle of your house cant be removed(Without OPs intervention or the original placer). There were also ways of placing the blocks where not even the placer could remove them again and the only way of getting rid of them was for an OP to break them.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hey guys, so i was wanting to build an underwater base, and i was wondering what the best shaders or textures there are for water, or underwater. Right now water looks kinda terrible in the base, and its subtracting from the overall look.Help me please!o_O
Also more OT, if you got Glass Viewers, I am guessing you are using a 1.4 pack? If so then Optifine has several options for water.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
He would still have that mess even if he added clear water... Also if you look on the outside of your base with warded glass it will look ghey like the rest of the glass.. I am almost sure that cant be helped.. Ice is good but as stated earlier.. to damn cloudy..