What am I missing? (lava pumping station)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Probably something so stupid simple, I'll facepalm when somebody points it out.

Station ran out at it's last spot and I'm moving it to a new location.

The problem- it's working great except for getting cells out of the transposer- they just won't output to the filter.

The filter is cycling from the timer- I get the visual indications but nothing comes out.

I've broken the transposer & filter and replaced them both but it didn't help.

Overall view:
2013-01-07_10.22.13.png

Liquid transposer orientation:

2013-01-07_10.19.55.png

LT configuration (output right side)

2013-01-07_10.20.16.png

Filter:

2013-01-07_10.20.35.png

AQJ

Jul 29, 2019
a filter to pull empty cells out of the chest, and a relay on the output side of the liquid transposer, dont use a filter to pull the cells out...

nevakanezah

Jul 29, 2019
You don't even need a relay, unless your system's using more than a stack of cells, in which case the relay would need to be on the receiving side somewhere.
But yeah, just hook that pipe straight onto the transposer, and make sure it's set to output from that side.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
the redstone signal might be interupting it too.
Remember that TE machines are controllable trough redstone signal. a high signal will deactivate the machine.

CFalzone

Jul 29, 2019
It looked like the filter connected to the enderchest was backwards, it should be oriented to pull the empty cells out of the chest and pump them into the input face of the liquid transposer. And as others have already said, no need to have a filter to pull the filled cells out of the transposer, the transpose will automatically dump filled cells out to a pipe or inventory connected to it's output face. At least that is the way it works with BC pipes, maybe something is needed with pneumatic tubes, never used those with the thermal expansion machines.

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
While testing this it seems that the pneumatic tubes connect to the blue input side fine but will not even attempt to connect to the red output side, this is affected on any side I set the output to the tube will instantly disconnect from the transposer, so that is probably why the filter is on his setup but the filter doesn't pull out the cells either.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh thanks. I replaced the filter/tubes on the output with plain old BC pipes and it's working.

Doesn't explain why the filter didn't work this time when it did before, and the reception area in the overworld is basically a mirror of this setup and working fine...

DerHeiligste

Jul 29, 2019
It'll probably be easier to use BuildCraft pipes to move the filled cells back to the enderchest. It would be awesome, though, if TE machines could output directly to tubes.

Edit: Oops... too slow by a smidgen.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I figured it out. I checked my setup in the overworld again. In order for the filter to pull out from the machine the side has to be configured for the 'no-color' square (don't know what you'd call it). Since it's simpler to just use some pipes, I think I'll leave it that way though :)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
I think the 'no-color' square would be considered 'any-side'. It is nice to know that it will pull out if it is set to that though. Knowledge :D

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you simply put another enderchest with the same code right next to the transposer's output? You could also get rid of the tube between the other filter and the transposer.

Chest -- Filter -- Transposer -- Chest. No tubes needed anywhere, no moving items, no lag, just instant item transportation.

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you simply put another enderchest with the same code right next to the transposer's output? You could also get rid of the tube between the other filter and the transposer.

Chest -- Filter -- Transposer -- Chest. No tubes needed anywhere, no moving items, no lag, just instant item transportation.
That could work, I'd have to build a couple extra ender chests..

Peppe

Jul 29, 2019
TE machines cannot output directly to redpower 2 tubes or most rp2 machines.

The confusing part is inputs work fine, but in order to output like it does to BC pipes there would need to be a redpower 2 API which does not exist.

To get around this:
The redpower 2 relay presents itself as standard storage and can be directly output using TE's colored sides.
or
The output can connect to tube networks/filters using the colorless side, as you found the filter can pull out of this side. You could use a retriever as well. The colorless side is only for output -- no inputs will be accepted on the colorless side. Requires a powered 'pull' to get items out like a pulsing filter or retriever.

I find the relay works well with TE machines and forestry machines since the relay does not need a pulse it just sends it as soon as it gets an item. I then use filters on all the inputs. For TE and forestry farms/harvesters I don't need any powered filters. For IC2 machines i need a powered filter on a side to get things out.

AQJ

Jul 29, 2019
You don't even need a relay, unless your system's using more than a stack of cells, in which case the relay would need to be on the receiving side somewhere.
But yeah, just hook that pipe straight onto the transposer, and make sure it's set to output from that side.

I prefer RP Tubes over pipes, and tubes can't hook directly into the output of TE machines (they can input fine, but not output)

ItharianEngineering

Jul 29, 2019
Actually a filter will pull out of a TE machine if the side hooked to the filter is set to no color. It will pull out whatever you set the filter to pull out.

Miquela

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm this, I use two filters in the setup, one to pull from the chest, and one to pull from the liquid transposer, setindeed to no color output ( with the dots)

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Also, if you use a relay the TE machines will output any items into it. This also has the added bonus of not needing to be powered with redstone.

0WqpV.png