Werewolf - Law of the Land - Game Thread

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
  • Gamefury64 was lynched! He was the Doctor!
  • Gamefury 64 was revived by the gods! They must have more plans for this individual!
  • Gamefury64 was ganked by lighning in the middle of space. Weird. Guess they just wanted to kill him themselves.
  • Someone Else is sheriff
  • Someone Else is totally innocent
  • Vikestep loves space villagers
  • A vampire role has been created! Each night, they may choose to convert a villager into one of their kindred vampire children.
  • Someone Else has been killed by the wolves!
  • In his death throes, he shouted "BUT YOU'RE INNOCENT! Wait, are those my intestines? Cool!"
Things to note about space:
  • no more ressurrection. All the old peeps bodies are still on earth and new bodies are jettisoned out the airlock.
  • You can kill someone by jettisoning them out the airlock through an action. This bypasses all protections.

Reactions: Pyure

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
I'll welcome you someone else. Once you become ashes during your entry back to earth :D

HeilMewTwo

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly have no idea what is even going on anymore. I can confirm I am a villager, but if you want to lynch me it will spare me so much confusion. :confused:

VictiniX888

Jul 29, 2019
Well, Someone Else voted for Trajing as sherrif, so I might as well do that.
I don't even know what else to do anymore

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
The last two people I tried to lynch were villagers so I'll let someone else choose who we should lynch today since I seem to not be lynching the right people.

Also, I forgot to create a new role -.- I had the role which would open the space shuttle door but then removed it after we cancelled and forgot to replace it.

Sorry about that folks

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
For the lack of anyone specific, lynch MewTwo. Convince me, and I'll change it like a good little villager.

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Okay, game's wrapped up. Mostly because most people seem bored at this point. Here's the skinny j:
  • Last night I posted a hint, the sheriff saying "BUT YOU'RE INNOCENT!" and absolutely nobody game it a second thought. Geez guys.
  • That hint was supposed to alert you that a trusted member of the town was in fact a wolf. And one was. Good ol mayor vikestep the wolololf.
  • He was never detected because the wolves gained a boon that hides his role from public non death-triggered role reveals.
  • The sheriff revealed the role because he couldn't kill vike. Lethosos was also a living wolf at the time.
  • Vikestep also got a private win condition: kill all wolves, with at least one of them being sacrificed.
  • I frakked up with the tribute mechanic. It was supposed to only work if the tribute is still alive at the end of the day so he can be killed instead of a vllager but I screwed up there. Any laws that were gained from that would take effect from the start of the night because gods are omniscient and stuff and know that you were successful or whatever.
  • I really like that you went into space. I tip my hat to you sirs.
  • Shazam was indeed a wolf as if that was not glaringly obvious.
  • The pyrophobiac was playerismc.
This was a good test. Now that it's had a trial run and I know what works and what don't I can make a revised rule sheet for next time. There will be more ground rules, like all bodies are inspected at death because that's a rather obvious thing to do in that situation, and instead of three action votes on the first day, there will only be one per player, but the top three actions will be executed, and if there's a tie, then I'll choose whichever one I like best. The absence of a lynch vote is a necessity. Players could choose to banish a player from the town instead, which would circumvent protections, or they could choose alternate killing styles like burning at the stake or hanging or guillotine. There's a lot of possibilities.

The one big thing I'm doing next game is definitions, like so:
  • Rule: something all players must follow. Cannot specifically target any one player, role, trait, etc. Must be something possible for a person in that situation to do. "summon cthulu" does not work. "Go to the clinic each night for mandatory skin inspections" is valid.
  • Role: any job a player has. Seer, sheriff, gravedigger, etc. Roles are randomly given to a roleless player upon creation. Roles only have one effect, and cannot give total immunity, and cannot give lynch immunity.
  • Law: made by giving a sacrifice to the gods. These are powerful private rules that bypass many of the guidelines. These can be used to kill someone regardless of protections, provide immunity to a certain type of damage, reveal, etc.
  • Death: Anything triggered by a death cannot be prevented, but can be deflected. For example, if a vigilante dies they are going to shoot their arrow no matter what, but if their target is protected, they won't die.
  • Action: Anything the village wants to do. This can be starting a new role, rule, or event.
  • Event: anything that the village does together, whether it be "summon cthulu", "build a spaceship and live in low earth orbit" or "paint the town red" doesn't matter. Every event has some sort of impact on the game.