Werewolf: Beware, wolf! [Signup Thread]

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome one and all! I'm your host, Shazam08, and this is my take on Werewolf. To see the previous game, run by Staxed, click here.

New to the game? Want to see my new roles and abilities? Look right below!
Werewolf, also known as "Mafia", is a game about persuasion, conspiracy, and survival. It takes place in a series of turns, rotating between a night turn and a day turn.

During the day, the players discuss, decide who to lynch, and vote accordingly. During the night, actions take place. Someone is lynched, someone is killed, and something special may occur.

You must vote to lynch someone every night by 5 AM EST. Failure to do so will get you smited. If you have a special power, tell me whether or not you want to use it each night. If yes, then also include a target for your power if applicable.

Daytime begins as soon as I post the results of the night before. This should occur before 10 AM EST, but I may go over. Whoops.

RULES
  1. I am the ultimate authority in this game, and what I say goes. Fear me. Tremble.
  2. You may not post screenshots of private convo's in the game thread or in other private convo's. Trust me, it ruins the game.
  3. If you do decide to have a private conversation with someone, please invite me as well. I won't interfere. Just want to watch.
  4. Again, you must vote to lynch someone by 5 AM, EST. 5:01+ will get you smitten.
  5. Roles will stop being revealed on death after the priest has died. Alignments ("X died, he was on the villager team!") will stop being revealed after the Altar Boy has died.
  6. You may not vote for yourself. Ever.

Villagers

· Villager- Normal guy. Votes to lynch each day.

· Seer- Can determine a person’s role each night, 100% accurate.

· Hippy- Tries to determine a person’s role each night, will always get the wrong reading. Is told that he is a normal seer.

· Bodyguard- Sack of meat with a death wish. Can choose to guard a person each night, but dies if the person is attacked.

· Guard Captain- Functions as a normal Bodyguard. When he is killed, everyone gains Toughness.

· Politician- Can vote twice each day. Only takes effect after he has publicly revealed himself to be the politician! Also has the tiebreaker vote that will always be in effect.

· Herbalist- Can protect one person from wolves each night, without dying. Can’t pick the same person twice in the same game. Each person they protect will be alerted to the fact, and will know the Herbalist’s role.

· Priest- As long as he is alive, roles will be revealed on death.

· Altar Boy- Downgraded form of Priest. As long as he is alive, alignments will be revealed on death.

· Hunter- Will fire an arrow on death at the player of their choosing.

· Sibling- One of a pair. Will always know who their fellow sibling is. Cannot live without the other.

· Gravedigger- Can dig up a dead body once per game, magically reviving the player.

· Village Idiot- Cannot vote, and has no special powers. Dies if not lynched on the first day. Reserved for a special someone.

Werewolves

· Werewolf- Normal wolf. Votes to kill each night.

· Rabid Wolf- Like a werewolf, but can choose to infect a player instead of killing them. Only works if the player is a normal villager/cultist.

· Pack Leader- Immune to Hunter arrows. Also functions as a tiebreaker vote in the wolf convo.

Cultists

· Cultist- Normal cultist. Votes to lynch each day. Wins individually.

· Mystic- Can block one person’s power each night. Wins individually.

· Fanatic- Crazy for the cult. Knows who his fellow cult members are, and will happily die in their place (Not including lynchings). Wins individually, or through the cultist he died for.

· Voodooist- Don’t mess with the voodoo. Can mark a player for death, causing them to die in two nights. If the voodooist is killed either one of those nights, the marked player will live. Wins individually. Cannot mark a player while another is marked.

Abilities

· Toughness- Protects player from lynching, wolves, or cultists once. Stacks.

· Veto- Politician can override all votes and lynch a person of his choice. Once per game.

· Undeath- After you die, you are resurrected the following night (Once per game). Can't keep you down.

· Primordial- Can roar ferociously once per game. If villager or cultist, wolf attack blocked for the night. If wolf, a second player dies in the night attack.

· Reverse Pack Mentality- Must vote for the person with the lowest lynch votes at the time of your vote. If there is a tie, you may choose between the tied players. Doesn't apply on the first day.

· Religious- You’re going to a better place. Can say 5 words after death (No names), to be read aloud by the GM at some point during the day.

· Bear Traps- Can “trap” one player per game. The next person to vote to lynch the “trapped” player will be killed in the night. Cannot trap self.

Note: Not all roles/abilities will be used. Most will, hopefully, but not all.

The game will begin Thursday. at the latest. We'll get 10 signups by Thursday, right? Right guys? If we hit 20 players before that, then the game can start Wednesday. Midnight of the first day will be 5 AM, Friday morning. Signups will be accepted until that time.

Signups
  1. Vikestep
  2. trajing
  3. Sleepyscumbag
  4. goreae
  5. dwappo
  6. SoraZodia
  7. Strikingwolf
  8. Staxed
  9. the_j485
  10. chbachman
  11. DiamondArrow
  12. Mevansuto
  13. Albin_Xavier
  14. 016Nojr
  15. Jus2beast
  16. Not_Steve
  17. SkeletonPunk
  18. conMan (Must confirm he's half Spanish)
  19. Qazplm601
  20. Jess887cp
  21. _Nobody_

Special thanks to @Staxed, @the_j485, and @goreae for inspiration through their past games.

Interested in GMing a werewolf game? Sign up
here!

Last edited:

Sleepyscumbag

Jul 29, 2019
Werewolf.png
I'm in

Reactions: Shazam08

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Just so people don't yell at me later for cheating... I should inform you all that I had made a small error in the Abilities list. I had forgotten to add the "Undeath" ability.

It's there now, don't worry. I know you guys were losing sleep over it.

Shazam08

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, minor tweaks to certain things.
  • Rabid wolf can now infect normal cultists.
  • Reverse Pack Mentality no longer applies on the first day.
  • You can't vote for yourself.
I'm professional, I swear.

Last edited:

Staxed

Jul 29, 2019
I'm in, hopefully I won't be turned again. Or start as a wolf, I don't like being on the wolves' side.

I LOVE being on the wolf team...'tis so fun :)

err...I mean, yeah..me too...down with the wolves!!!