Well... it was bound to happen, Greg is nerfing base IC2

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
https://github.com/KingLemming/CoFHLib/tree/master/cofh/api/energy

That's it. Funny thing is, CoFHCore and/or TE aren't required. Consider it my gift to the community. Even if I drop off the face of the earth, RF stays. Any mod that wants to use it can; any mods that use it interface with each other, regardless of whatever is installed.

Admittedly, some idiot can come in and throw the balance off, but it's a sandbox. Configure your mods appropriately.

And honestly, I bet Greg already supports RF. :)

This is great. Made me really happy to hear. Is TE open-source now?

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Like I said before, if Greg actually labeled Gregtech as a total conversion mod (with a full list of all changes) I don't think any mod author would really have an issue with the changes he makes when it's installed along side them. I can't really speak for Lemming on it, but I would have no issues with any changes Greg made with gregtech if both those things happened. All he does is change the style of game play, he just needs to label it properly so newer players actually UNDERSTAND what gregtech does.
IC2 solars are decent. Add Compact Solars and you've got great power at minimal server load.

That being said ... been there, done that, got the badge, and onto other power sources.

If I need to do a lot of nerfing just to have a mod fit in my pack, then it's not worth my time. I like playing mods mostly as they are intended. A slight tweak or two here or there is one thing. A near across-the-board energy nerf is another.

Too true. GregTech is a full conversion mod. The sooner he calls it that, the sooner people stop complaining about it's sense of balance and (hopefully) the sooner other mods stop catering to that level of 'balance'.

Personally, my big complaint has always been that it became a total conversion mod, not that it is one. It's easy to ignore a mod you never liked, I've never liked Steve's Carts, heck I've never even really liked generic Minecraft carts, let alone modded ones, they could change the cart recipe to require iron blocks instead of ingots for all I care and I wouldn't complain about it at all, the reason I complain about Gregtech is because I started using it because at the time it was an addon for IC2, it added a few new generators that I found useful, especially the one that could be fueled with Buildcraft fuel, and improved versions of the basic IC2 machines, then it started changing, started nerfing IC2 instead of adding to it, started nerfing other mods, when it started nerfing vanilla Minecraft that was the last straw.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
TE isn't, but the library that it is built from is. All of the tricks and helpers are laid out - the GUI tabs, rendering assistance, etc. It's a full quarter of our entire codebase.

That's all pretty useful I suppose. My coding knowledge doesn't extent far past HTML and Hello World so I wouldn't know what to do with it.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
As silly as the initial assertion is here, I kind of agree that the better solution was to remove them as a valid fuel. But, it's wood either way. You can't seriously get upset over this.

And frankly, Greg isn't a bad guy. The only single complaint I can really have is that his mod is an IC2 extension. It'd be an amazing standalone.
+1. But it seems that IFuelHandlers (from mods) are checked *after* all the vanilla fuel types. Any block with Material.wood as its material has a fixed burn value of 300 ticks.

The better solution now is to change the material. But perhaps they just didn't notice they could do that.

Dodge34

Jul 29, 2019
Somewhere over the rainbow.
Welcome to hell, IC2 will slowly begin to be harder and harder, and one day, no one will want it in their packs, just hope that one day another modding team will get a new idea and start developing IC3 and never ever talk to Gregorius about it... This is the same thing that happened to Equivalent Exchange, it was awesome, but now its a useless nerfed to death mod and we have to use multiple mods to replace what it was able to do... Yes it was OP, very OP, but it was fun to play with it, same thing goes with IC2, it was really fun to play with it the way it was before that new IC2Exp started, but now, if they don't change their mind, they will loose a lot of people and only attract the ones that love Gregtech works and just to clarify here, Gregtech is an awesome mod and I'm serious about that, its just not for my play style... If I like to play on easy, I should be able to play on easy, if you refuse that we play on easy, then I ditch the mod out and never touch it again, we should have control on what we want, I respect the ones that like the new IC2Exp, its really nice and adds a ton of normal things that should be a part of it really, but making it harder like that isn't the way to go for everyone, we should be able to decide if we want that new version or keep the old recipes...

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to hell, IC2 will slowly begin to be harder and harder, and one day, no one will want it in their packs, just hope that one day another modding team will get a new idea and start developing IC3 and never ever talk to Gregorius about it... This is the same thing that happened to Equivalent Exchange, it was awesome, but now its a useless nerfed to death mod and we have to use multiple mods to replace what it was able to do... Yes it was OP, very OP, but it was fun to play with it, same thing goes with IC2, it was really fun to play with it the way it was before that new IC2Exp started, but now, if they don't change their mind, they will loose a lot of people and only attract the ones that love Gregtech works and just to clarify here, Gregtech is an awesome mod and I'm serious about that, its just not for my play style... If I like to play on easy, I should be able to play on easy, if you refuse that we play on easy, then I ditch the mod out and never touch it again, we should have control on what we want, I respect the ones that like the new IC2Exp, its really nice and adds a ton of normal things that should be a part of it really, but making it harder like that isn't the way to go for everyone, we should be able to decide if we want that new version or keep the old recipes...

The sad part is most of it isn't even Greg's fault, by all accounts even if he weren't part of the dev team most of these changes would have happened anyway, worse yet if Greg had done the changes, we might at least have config files to undo them, I hate to give the devil his due, but at least Greg has enough decency to do that much.

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
The sad part is most of it isn't even Greg's fault, by all accounts even if he weren't part of the dev team most of these changes would have happened anyway, worse yet if Greg had done the changes, we might at least have config files to undo them, I hate to give the devil his due, but at least Greg has enough decency to do that much.

Now if only his configs were better labeled and more user friendly.

immibis

Jul 29, 2019
Welcome to hell, IC2 will slowly begin to be harder and harder, and one day, no one will want it in their packs, just hope that one day another modding team will get a new idea and start developing IC3 and never ever talk to Gregorius about it...
Already happened. They just don't want to call it IC3, they called it IC2_exp to hide it.

If I like to play on easy, I should be able to play on easy, if you refuse that we play on easy, then I ditch the mod out and never touch it again, we should have control on what we want, I respect the ones that like the new IC2Exp, its really nice and adds a ton of normal things that should be a part of it really, but making it harder like that isn't the way to go for everyone, we should be able to decide if we want that new version or keep the old recipes...
Thermal Expansion is vaguely similar to easy-mode IC2. Have you tried that?

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
They must of found out I was converting wood into scaffolds because i was getting double the power from scaffolds then i was getting from charcoal.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
They must of found out I was converting wood into scaffolds because i was getting double the power from scaffolds then i was getting from charcoal.
Don't worry; everyone did it at least once(I'd wager, anyway). You didn't cause this downfall. Mind you, it was broken as hell. I'm happy that we can't use Scaffolds to beat Charcoal power anymore.

Ausyarr

Jul 29, 2019
If they produce only 4 now it will be cheaper to convert wood into planks and just jump pole up to things. and then just use a rope ladder. If they set it to eight it would be worth while to use it as it is intended and burning them for power would be roughly the equivalent of burning the same amount of wood as charcoal.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
If they produce only 4 now it will be cheaper to convert wood into planks and just jump pole up to things. and then just use a rope ladder. If they set it to eight it would be worth while to use it as it is intended and burning them for power would be roughly the equivalent of burning the same amount of wood as charcoal.
That works great for going up, but getting down again is hell without an axe. Also you have to break them all one by one when you're done, which isn't always easy when you have, say, a stack of planks.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

If you're noob pillaring- just use dirt, its even cheaper and breaks down easier.

Oh- I saw that @SonOfABirch.

Last edited:

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019

This is not what happened to EE. They simply released EE3 before they added any real features. If you look at Pah's twitter you'll know the fun stuff is coming back.

You are right about ICE though.

Reactions: Padfoote