Weird problem with power in FTB Infinity 1,5,1

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
I have encountered some weird problems with FTB Infinity

I am using rednet cables to transfer my RF power.
I have a tesseract to connect to my quarry in a mining (mystcarft) world.
I have a big reactor to generate RF.
I have some thermal expansion energy cells to store RF power.

If i disconnect my rednet cable from my power plant that are connected to my energy cells.
The power keeps flowing into the energy cells... With no connection.
If i disconnect the wire to the tesseract, the quarry keeps mining untill i visit the dimension and then it runs out of power (waited 30min before going to the dimension).

I then created some furnaces (thermal expansion) to generate RF from coal.
They seem to work fine until i disconnect the wires from them.
They keep burning coal but wont store any RF in their internal buffer. Coal is burnt for the crows...

I thought id try to use other wires so i removed all rednet cable and replaced it with extra utilities cables.
Same problem.

I'm stunned... don't know what is wrong or what to do.

Is this a known bug?

I am running FTB Infinity 1,5,1

Aeslehc

Jul 29, 2019
I've experienced similar issues with RF power networks, I was working with friends and we built a huge base, we had 4 big reactors and nearly a hundred top tear solar panels and we kept running out of power and it wasn't making any sense, so we went around and switched all energy using machines off (mostly by breaking conduits/cables, some by redstone), turned off all tesseracts and yet even after that we were somehow using over 40,000 RF/t with nothing that any of could see actually using any power.

I've also experienced more recently in Infinity machines running for extended periods with no source of power (but which had been connected to my power grid prior to that point).

I'm guessing its some kind of underlying bug in how RF networks work.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
It is a bit hard to take picture of this issue...
a furnace generator that burns coal without gaining any energy... should not need a picture.