Way too much aura & flux. What do?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Self explanatory.
loldataura.jpg

I play on peaceful, and I would rather not have to worry about wisps in my house. There isn't much that I know of that would work to get rid of the flux, unless I can somehow get an automatic wisp-gathering system that gathers them together and kills them. I feel like I'm going to get owned by lightning strikes or random effects if I let the flux just sit there.
Also, the node is a pure node. It doesn't seem to help very much. If I tried making a bunch of pure nodes, it would merge with the main one (Once that 3000 node gets to it's max, it's going to absorb every node around my house.
As for the aura, I have no idea wtf I can do with it that would be useful. I could try making a bunch of alementum with a wand of the thaumaturge and completely drain out the aura (and everything surrounding it in a 50 mile radius), then go mining with the alementum, although I have more than enough resources as-is.
Ideas?

EDIT:
20130205060754.png

Maxed out 3k aura node. Oh dear.
I had to move it into the sky because it was kinda getting in the way and I had to move 20 blocks off to the side to not run into it and be blinded.

Yuka

Jul 29, 2019
You could just box up the Node and place lava at the bottom, maybe the sides as well.
Wisps tend to fly there and kill themselves.

I'd say completely filling the box with lava, but then you won't be able to see what's going on and would be a major pain to clean up after its done.
(Plus I am not sure if wisps will spawn at all inside of the lava.)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Self explanatory.
-Snip-
I play on peaceful, and I would rather not have to worry about wisps in my house. There isn't much that I know of that would work to get rid of the flux, unless I can somehow get an automatic wisp-gathering system that gathers them together and kills them. I feel like I'm going to get owned by lightning strikes or random effects if I let the flux just sit there.
Also, the node is a pure node. It doesn't seem to help very much. If I tried making a bunch of pure nodes, it would merge with the main one (Once that 3000 node gets to it's max, it's going to absorb every node around my house.
As for the aura, I have no idea wtf I can do with it that would be useful. I could try making a bunch of alementum with a wand of the thaumaturge and completely drain out the aura (and everything surrounding it in a 50 mile radius), then go mining with the alementum, although I have more than enough resources as-is.
Ideas?

I forgot to mention, I have the tree wisps (green wisps) from growing all the silverwood trees. I can push them around, or send them through tubes and stuff and they won't zap me (as long as I don't piss them off).

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
It would be really cool if you could trap a wisp in a warded jar and use it as a light source.

Jakstar19

Jul 29, 2019
Grow silverwood trees REALLY close together. Each silverwood tree will spawn a node (small, medium or large). When they are really close, they'll merge and create a larger node. Which will increase the aura but also increase the aura regen rate. You should always do magic in a forest because of more trees will increase more nodes, which is more aura.
Hope this helped ;)

PeggleFrank

Jul 29, 2019
Grow silverwood trees REALLY close together. Each silverwood tree will spawn a node (small, medium or large). When they are really close, they'll merge and create a larger node. Which will increase the aura but also increase the aura regen rate. You should always do magic in a forest because of more trees will increase more nodes, which is more aura.
Hope this helped ;)

That's what I've been doing :p
That's also why you see grass and dirt right underneath the node, as I was growing silverwood trees there with the hoe of growth and removing them with the axe of the stream.
Also, I may try moving the node into the forest next to my wasteland when I get the research.

Korenn

Jul 29, 2019
Set up a wisp farm around your node and that flux turns into a resource.

As for what to do with the aura:
Make tons of crystal clusters
Build a golem army!
Play around with the Arcane Bore
Build a base entirely out of warded blocks
Parcour made out of levitators!