Mod Feedback Wawla - What are we looking at? Suggestion Thread.

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
MbXd0rD.png
Wawla is a Waila addon I wrote a while back. The main focus of the mod is to provide more in game documentation based on data already available in game. While adding compatibility and support for many other mods has been a top priority for the project, there are so many great mods I have never played with. I am currently looking to expand the list of mods supported by Wawla, so if anyone has ideas for new features, or mods to support, please let me know. I will add support for any mod, as long as it would make sense to do so. If you're interested in learning more about Wawla, or would like to download the mod, you can find it on the CurseForge page.

Currently Supported Mods
  • Thaumcraft
  • Tinkers Construct
  • Pixelmon
  • Version Checker

Partially Supported Mods
This is a list of mods which have partial support in Wawla. These mods are supported through descriptions for villagers and enchantments.
  • Actually Additions
  • AquaCulture
  • Ars Magica 2
  • Artifice
  • BrewCraft
  • Buildcraft Addons
  • Butterfly Mania
  • Compact Machines
  • Defeated Crow's mods
  • Diversity
  • EvilCraft
  • Extended Villagers
  • Extended Villagers (Lots Of Mobs addon)
  • Fantastic Fish
  • Forestry
  • Fossils and Archeology
  • Gravestones
  • Growthcraft
  • GVC Guns
  • JeweleryCraft
  • JeweleryCraft2
  • JukeboxReloaded
  • Lanteacraft
  • Legend of Zelda Mod
  • Minecraft Trading Cards
  • MinefactoryReloaded
  • Mystcraft
  • Natural Absorption
  • OpenBlocks
  • PennyArcade
  • Peripherals++
  • PneumaticCraft
  • PokeCube Adventures
  • PsychedelicCraft
  • Railcraft
  • Red Power 2
  • SaveMoney
  • Simple Flight
  • Special Mobs
  • Steamcraft
  • Taverns
  • Terraarts
  • Thaumic Tinkerer
  • TofuCraft
  • Tynkyn
  • Witchery
  • Xerxes Weapons

Partially Supported but unidentified
This is a list of translation keys which were generated by Wawla. Wawla has a feature which allows a description of an enchantment to be seen in an Item tooltip when looking at an enchanted book. Wawla does this by generating a language key, using data from that enchantment. Unfortunately not all enchantments have been documented properly. This is a list of unknown enchantments from unknown mods. Any information on these is greatly appreciated.
  • description.enchantment.imperviousness=

• description.enchantment.bash.weightless=
  • description.enchantment.bash.power=
  • description.enchantment.bash.damage=
  • description.enchantment.shield.usage=
  • description.enchantment.shield.recover=
  • description.enchantment.bow.loot=
  • description.enchantment.bow.charge=

• description.enchantment.poison=
  • description.enchantment.frost=
  • description.enchantment.explosive=
  • description.enchantment.quickdraw=
  • description.enchantment.venom=
  • description.enchantment.iceaspect=
  • description.enchantment.defusing=
  • description.enchantment.dowsing=
  • description.enchantment.spellbane=
  • description.enchantment.mending=
  • description.enchantment.cleave=
  • description.enchantment.leech=
  • description.enchantment.execute=
  • description.enchantment.poisonprotect=
  • description.enchantment.knowledge=
  • description.enchantment.berserk=
  • description.enchantment.steadfast=
  • description.enchantment.agility=
  • description.enchantment.mobility=
  • description.enchantment.fleetfoot=
  • description.enchantment.resurrection=
  • description.enchantment.harvest=

• description.enchantment.Swiftness=
  • description.enchantment.Vitality=

• description.enchantment.SkyBlow=

• description.enchantment.Information=

• description.enchantment.autoSmelt=
  • description.enchantment.oreFragments=

Last edited:

OnyxDarkKnight

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, right, I probably should have included one :p The CurseForge page can be found here. I will also add it to the OP.
Awesome :D It would be cool if you added so when you look at blocks such as a smelter it displays more info :D if you do that I will make sure things are named properly, like the villager profession ;)

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome :D It would be cool if you added so when you look at blocks such as a smelter it displays more info :D if you do that I will make sure things are named properly, like the villager profession ;)
I will look into adding some special support for JewelyrCraft. I already have support for the villager profession(s) although the names I gave them not match what you had in mind. Right now the villager is called a Jeweller which is based from the texture name.

OnyxDarkKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I will look into adding some special support for JewelyrCraft. I already have support for the villager profession(s) although the names I gave them not match what you had in mind. Right now the villager is called a Jeweller which is based from the texture name.
He should be named like that, however the localization is broken :p

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
He should be named like that, however the localization is broken :p
That is because I don't actually have it pushed yet. I have a data collection feature in Wawla that goes through all of the villagers and enchantments in the users instance, and generates the translation keys. I then compare that key against the users language file, and the language file on my github. If the key does not yet exist then the client will attempt to notify me of it. Here is the example of the report file generated. This is the reason why the next release of Wawla is going to have over a hundred new language file entries.

I started working on the more complex support for the mod. Here are some examples of what I have so far.
oHs4pH0.png

In these next two pixtures, there is a dump of the tile's nbt, this is just something I use while debugging, it's not included in public release. Only the part about the contained items, and cooking time are part of the addon.

TafWXoA.png

tbHBfln.png

OnyxDarkKnight

Jul 29, 2019
That is because I don't actually have it pushed yet. I have a data collection feature in Wawla that goes through all of the villagers and enchantments in the users instance, and generates the translation keys. I then compare that key against the users language file, and the language file on my github. If the key does not yet exist then the client will attempt to notify me of it. Here is the example of the report file generated. This is the reason why the next release of Wawla is going to have over a hundred new language file entries.

I started working on the more complex support for the mod. Here are some examples of what I have so far.
oHs4pH0.png

In these next two pixtures, there is a dump of the tile's nbt, this is just something I use while debugging, it's not included in public release. Only the part about the contained items, and cooking time are part of the addon.

TafWXoA.png

tbHBfln.png
Oh wow. You've got quite the information there. How are you dealing with that amount of info?

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
Oh wow. You've got quite the information there. How are you dealing with that amount of info?

I have a fairly large screen, so it doesn't actually take up that much space. I normally have this code commented out, except for when I am working on Wawla. Wawla mostly parses nbt data and presents it into a user friendly format, so it's beneficial for me to be able to see all of it. It's super helpful when working on/with mods that have little documentation :)

OnyxDarkKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I have a fairly large screen, so it doesn't actually take up that much space. I normally have this code commented out, except for when I am working on Wawla. Wawla mostly parses nbt data and presents it into a user friendly format, so it's beneficial for me to be able to see all of it. It's super helpful when working on/with mods that have little documentation :)
It is definitely really useful :) I like it a lot :D Keep up the good work ;)

Darkhax

Jul 29, 2019
It is definitely really useful :) I like it a lot :D Keep up the good work ;)

I think I have the addon for your mod finished, however I think I may have stumbled upon a bug/issue with how the smelter is keeping track of melted ingots. I will leave an issue on your github page talking about it in greater detail.

OnyxDarkKnight

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have the addon for your mod finished, however I think I may have stumbled upon a bug/issue with how the smelter is keeping track of melted ingots. I will leave an issue on your github page talking about it in greater detail.
Nice, also I will look over the issue, but before that, does this happen in Jewelrycraft 1, 2 or both?