Vanilla Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superwig

Jul 29, 2019
Kinda stepping out of the whole FTB area of the launcher but. I think it would be cool to have a more complete launcher "experience" by having an extra tab for Vanilla.

It would have options for the latest stable release and the latest snapshot. Furthermore it would add possibilities of having vanilla adventure maps.

I know that this is kinda out of the point of the launcher but I think it would be cool to have everything under one roof and it might introduce people who like adventure maps into FTB maps and mods in general

Bob41599

Jul 29, 2019
I highly support this idea and hope that it is added i always hate having to leave the launcher to play somthing like minez or anyother vanilla servers on 1.4.5 so ya i know i would be thrilled if vanilla was added to the launcher. That is if it legal.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
(Hopefully this thread isn't too old for me to post in, I just didn't want to clutter the forum with needless threads.)

I agree with the OP's suggestion; I've really enjoyed playing FTB so far, but sometimes I do want to go back to playing vanilla Minecraft (i.e. if I want to play on a vanilla server with friends). I'd rather have just one icon on my desktop for the FtB launcher, rather than separate ones for FtB and vanilla Minecraft. Even just a simple "vanilla" button in the mods list (a la what the Technic Pack offers) would be a really nice addition, in my view.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
ive actually been thinking about this, i thought about having a "current vanilla release" pack and a "latest snapshot" pack. but i'm not sure how easy the snapshot is to do, but i'll have a look into it

Reactions: mr_vit

Scale_e

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry for dredging up a thread from 2 weeks ago, but I was wondering if there was any decision made about this subject yet, as I'd love this in the launcher too. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.