Valid nether BC power

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys,
So.. I'm a big fan of drying out the nether for lava.
On my last server, we ran the beta back, thus I used railcraft and tank cart.
Now, we're using MindCrack.
This means I have to use Ender chests.
Is there some way to run the buckets directly into the tanks to be refilled?
Im currently doing as following:
Pump -> tank -> liquid transposer/magmatic engine -> ender chest

That on its own is quiet good system, the only issue is my engine, being overheated all the freaking time.

Best wishes,
kaffe

cheesy fix..
wrench turtle.. turtle.attack() sleep(300) :D

DonChaffee

Jul 29, 2019
I think there is no way to fill buckets into a iron tank. Pipes and tubes don't want to connect and deployer and turtles can't rightclick on them (normally they can do almost everything..), and even routers and advanced buffers (from gregtech) which can put items into specific slots seems to be not working with tanks.

But for the overheating engines, another solution with a little less energy loss:
BC-Gate on the liquid transposer: if energy full -> emit redpipe signal
Gate on the magmatic engine: if redpipe signal -> emit redstone signal (if your engine has default settings, redstone = engine = off)
The internal stored energy on the magmatic engine will still raise, but at about 8000MJ it will slowly stopp raising because the engine turns down the MJ-output that the pauses by the gate are long enought (~2sec) to keep the stored energy under 9k
I used the same for my lava-pump, instead of redstone engines. It pumps a ridiculous amount of lava.. one single magmatic engine can pump 8 buckets/sec. Thats way more than 4 golden waterproof pipes could hold.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
Buckets --> RP Deployer (or vanilla dispenser!) --> block of empty space --> RP Grate --> RP liquid tubes --> connect directly to a tank.

This works with any liquid that can be placed in the world (water, lava, oil, ...). Unfortunately I haven't found an energy-free way to "unbucket" other liquids (fuel, biomass, ...)

As far as engines overheating, use redstone conduits instead of power pipes. The conduits will only draw as much energy as needed, and engines will slow down. (Or perhaps if your engines overheat all the time, you have too many of them?)

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
Has to be said, the server very recently got restarted, so Im still poor as hell :) but wrech turtle did the job for me with the overheating engine :)

Evil Hamster

Jul 29, 2019
I used a sequencer & toggle to keep the pumo engine only working 50% of the time. I'll probably use some redstone pipes next time to eliminate the second engine and make a more compact design.
2013-01-05_08.18.00.png

The reception area:
2013-01-05_08.18.55.png

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
Evil Hamster's images show perhaps the most simple method I'm aware of. He's pumping lava into a Liquid Transposer which stuffs the lava into either buckets, cans, or the aluminum foil cans, tubing those into the Ender Chest, sending them through another Liquid Transposer at the other side to pull out the lava and return the container, then send the container back through the Ender Chest to the Nether setup.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
I think I can
Evil Hamster's images show perhaps the most simple method I'm aware of.

I think I can top that.

In:

2013-01-05_20.04.07.png

Out:

2013-01-05_20.01.05.png

Blue-black-white holds empty buckets, blue-black-black full ones. (This particular system pipes oil, hence black.)

Program on the turtles:

Code:
while true do
  while not turtle.suck() do sleep(3)
  while not turtle.dropDown() do sleep(3)
end

SilvasRuin

Jul 29, 2019
...right. So any time I say "simplest method" in the future, I mean sans Turtles. Because those things hax all over the place.

My statement kind of sort of still counts though because I still don't know how to program turtles. :p

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
With mindcrack.. Use TE stuff.. best way to do it without Mystcraft.

Hell I saw someone in show your base thread that is using only Magma Cruicibles to power his bizzallion Engines..

TE is about the best option for lava power in the whole game.. It can do its own BC power... And can supply EU its lava...

TE for the win.

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
...right. So any time I say "simplest method" in the future, I mean sans Turtles. Because those things hax all over the place.

My statement kind of sort of still counts though because I still don't know how to program turtles. :p

Then replace turtles with a wooden pipe + autarchic gate (or a redstone engine if you're that cheap). Now that I think about it I don't remember why I used turtles at all.

Lakart

Jul 29, 2019
Then replace turtles with a wooden pipe + autarchic gate (or a redstone engine if you're that cheap). Now that I think about it I don't remember why I used turtles at all.
Because turtles are awesome?

Abdiel

Jul 29, 2019
gxRM3.jpg
This is my setup, the issue as stated was fixed with the turtle.

Why the long pipe? You could just attach the same coded enderchest to the output side of the transposer. Also you don't need a tube between the filter and the transposer, you can have them attached to each other, and the timer pointing directly to the filter.

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
Was playing around with diffrent designs, and had placed a retriever ontop of the filter to take out the filled buckets. Removed the retriever and cba'ed to move the rest.
Also, it's not like theres a need for a compact system anyway, its not like the nether has limited space.

noah_wolfe

Jul 29, 2019
While you are pumping the Nether, might as well plop down a GT thermal / indy centrifuge next to the pump for free electrum, tin, copper, and tungsten.

--------liquiduct---------
[pump][thermal gen][i-centrifuge][filter]--->loots

Sorok

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of using a Magmatic engine you could send the lava into a Geo gen which is directly connected to an electric engine with a heat vent in the engine. This is essentially would be the same set up but the engine wont over heat and you should have a more consistent flow going into your ender chest.

Kaffefilter

Jul 29, 2019
While you are pumping the Nether, might as well plop down a GT thermal / indy centrifuge next to the pump for free electrum, tin, copper, and tungsten.

--------liquiduct---------
[pump][thermal gen][i-centrifuge][filter]--->loots
you sir, just made my day

slay_mithos

Jul 29, 2019
You could also directly use the lava to power either magmatic engine or geothermal generator, and charge the items before sending them to the overworld where you can directly harvest their power.

Namely:
* Magmatic engine -> redstone conduits -> redstone energy cell(s)
Using Misc peripherals with turtles/computers to harvest the filled cells and place empty ones.

* Geothermal generator -> MFSU or higher energy storage block -> charge the items that contain the most energy and you can easily discharge (lapotron crystals are good for that)

With a clever use of RP and ender chests, you can do more than just bringing lava into the overworld's tank.

That said, if you do need lava for a certain purpose, there is a machine that takes MJ and produces lava, quite efficient if you fill it with netherrack (works less efficiently from cobble), so you can still have lava if you wish.

Granted, the setup is a little more complicated, but I had fun doing this once, and it worked quite well. (shame that I deleted the world on a mistake though)

wizy

Jul 29, 2019
hmm i usually mine the netherrack with quarry or turtle and send it back to overworld magmatic crucibles , too much trouble with pumps :D