[v1.1.8] Minecraft Window Size keeps growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banhat

Jul 29, 2019
I usually set the Minecraft Window Size in the Options to 720p (1280x720) for the odd chance that I decide to record me derping around. Prior to 1.1.8 I had to adjust it to account for the border so my interior window was 720p, but 1.1.8 seems to do that automatically. This is rather cool, however it seems to be bugged.

Every time I relaunch, the window size grows. It goes from 1280x720 to 1296x758 (what I had to set it to manually before 1.1.8) and then further to 1312x796 and so on. Thing is I'm not 100% sure it's the launcher or forge doing it because it seems to happen after the FTB splash.

jjw123

Jul 29, 2019
i think i know why this is, it seems that when the window closes and the sizes are set (it sets them on window close now) it doesnt take the border into account

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm having the same issue with my custom sized window and I'd appreciate a fix in the next update :)

PoisonBerry

Jul 29, 2019
It's an unexpected behavior. At least compared to the vanilla launcher.
Also, when I set it to a specific resolution, I expect it to stay that way every time I open the launcher. Not save the previous size when you closed it.

masa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm also having the unexpected behaviour that it updates the size fields. I would like them to stay at what I set them to (1280 and 720), but they grow at every launch.
Could you change it so that they either don't change by themselves at all, or add an option box for "Update when closing" or something like that?
It is really frustrating to go through the options tab and the advanced options menu at every launch :/

Also, I'm occasionally getting a strange bug where the window fails to resize properly and then it is just a tiny blob on the screen, something like 5x20 pixels. The first time it happened I didn't even notice the "window" and thought that it crashed all together..
I'm not quite sure when that happens, it might be after forcibly closing the window if it hangs during startup for long periods of time.

Anyway, thanks for a great launcher, I hope you could implement these tweaks to make it even better :)

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Can we have an option to not have window size or position saved at all? I'm using Macro mod to set my resolution and the launcher F's it over and sets the resolution to what it was when it was last saved. So it never changes unless I close Minecraft with the size I want that I have to set by dragging the borders manually and that won't be exactly the 1280x720 I need. Also, I'm removing the window's borders and the launcher saves the resolution with that but it's different than with borders so again it goes wrong.

Puremin0rez

Jul 29, 2019
The launcher saving position is annoying. If I close the game minimized, it starts minimized too. Please make the ability to disable this.

Status
Not open for further replies.