Uses For Charcoal

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

EpicCenter

Jul 29, 2019
I have a design for an infinite power setup for RF in the new DW20 pack and I'm receiving all this extra charcoal.

So, my question is, what can I do with all this charcoal?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
If the pack has TE3, I believe it has added a recipe for 8 or 9 charcoal to craft into 1 piece of coal. Then dependant on what mods you have, the coal will have different uses.
Within TE3 itself, you can pulverised it and either craft Blazing Pyrothium with it or throw it into the Magma Crucible to get Liquidfacted Coal for your Compression Dynamo. If steel recipe is enabled, 2 pulverized coal + 1 iron ingot inside the Induction Smelter will yield you 1 Steel Ingot.
RotaryCraft with one of the machines can slowly combine coals into diamonds as final product.
IC2exp, not sure if anything changed but you can use the macerated coal or charcoal to make carbon fibre?
If you play with Mekanism, charcoal can replace coal inside the Metallurgic Infuser to make Steel Dust or you can throw the charcoal into the Enrichment Chamber to make Compressed Carbon, can make more Steel Dust in the Metallurgic Infuser compared to plain coal or charcoal.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RedBoss

BIG mac

Jul 29, 2019
If the pack has TE3, I believe it has added a recipe for 8 or 9 charcoal to craft into 1 piece of coal. Then dependant on what mods you have, the coal will have different uses.
Within TE3 itself, you can pulverised it and either craft Blazing Pyrothium with it or throw it into the Magma Crucible to get Liquidfacted Coal for your Compression Dynamo. If steel recipe is enabled, 2 pulverized coal + 1 iron ingot inside the Induction Smelter will yield you 1 Steel Ingot.
RotaryCraft with one of the machines can slowly combine coals into diamonds as final product.
IC2exp, not sure if anything changed but you can use the macerated coal or charcoal to make carbon fibre?
If you play with Mekanism, charcoal can replace coal inside the Metallurgic Infuser to make Steel Dust or you can throw the charcoal into the Enrichment Chamber to make Compressed Carbon, can make more Steel Dust in the Metallurgic Infuser compared to plain coal or charcoal.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
Oh yeah that reminds me, I used to turn charcoal into coal (forgot which mod did it) and I put the coal through a bunch of IC2 machines and turned it all into diamonds. I don't know if you can still do this, but it was pretty great.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
If I'm not mistaken you can turn Charcoal into Coal somehow. Coal is slightly more useful I guess.

Other than that, not much besides more power, Void Chest, void Pipe, Incinerator, scrap, or lava.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
and the there will be a thread "what to do with bazillion torches?"
Gotcha covered because I knew this was coming :
-Get infinite stone with an igneous extruder / aqueous accumulator setup. Craft that stone into slabs and make railcraft stone lamps. Be fancy with your cave mining!

-pumpkin farm + torches = massive jack o lantern factory!

-make chandeliers & magnum torches

-Giant torch pixel art

-recreate a Direwolf20 base and fill every free floor block with torches. Then tweet the screen shot to him. He'll love it.

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
-Get infinite stone with an igneous extruder / aqueous accumulator setup. Craft that stone into slabs and make railcraft stone lamps. Be fancy with your cave mining!

-Giant torch pixel art

-recreate a Direwolf20 base and fill every free floor block with torches. Then tweet the screen shot to him. He'll love it.

i'm pretty sure lamps are solid i.e. you can't move trough them, so using them during mining might be somewhat unpractical.

the other stuff i dig though :)

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019

-Giant torch pixel art

That direwolf thing is the best thing I've read all day