updating to forestry 2?

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone managed to successfully update any of the modpacks to include forestry 2 yet, I reckon it's gonna be a massive PITA with the id conflicts with old forestry in my world, but it does look awesome, has anybody got it to work in an existing world yet? preferably without hours of manual ID shifting

AnDroid

Jul 29, 2019
Install forestry 2, start game, you will crash, go to minecraft/config/forestry and open base.conf, find I:grafter=***** and change existing id to 13551

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Jacobbelveder

Jul 29, 2019
well, that was easier than I expected, thank you, and Yeah, go look on the forums, its there, if you're using DW20 pack, extrabees also needs an updating :)

Folke

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be getting a crash when viewing recipes for anything after updating, unsure on how to fix this.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: forestry/core/utils/ShapedRecipeInternal
at mistaqur.nei.forestry.FabricatorRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(FabricatorRecipeHandler.java:116)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:342)
at mistaqur.nei.forestry.FabricatorRecipeHandler.loadCraftingRecipes(FabricatorRecipeHandler.java:103)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.TemplateRecipeHandler.getRecipeHandler(TemplateRecipeHandler.java:488)
at codechicken.nei.recipe.GuiCraftingRecipe.openRecipeGui(GuiCraftingRecipe.java:39)
at codechicken.nei.ItemPanel.mouseUp(ItemPanel.java:153)
at codechicken.nei.LayoutManager.onMouseUp(LayoutManager.java:184)
at codechicken.nei.forge.GuiContainerManager.mouseUp(GuiContainerManager.java:498)
at avf.b(GuiContainer.java:573)
at aul.d(SourceFile:131)
at avf.d(GuiContainer.java:722)
at aul.m(SourceFile:111)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1511)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: forestry.core.utils.ShapedRecipeInternal
at cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.RelaunchClassLoader.findClass(RelaunchClassLoader.java:179)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 16 more
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

monkeybananas

Jul 29, 2019
Same here, thought it was broken altogether but I can craft stuff, just not look at the recipe. One thing is for sure, it's because of Forestry.

Dafuq?

Jul 29, 2019
Fixed the issue, I updated to the latest NEI and downloaded the latest plugins available for it.

What NEI and Plugins versions do you use? I can't find anything newer than the versions in DW V5 on the official sites (NEI 1.4.5.1 / Plugins 1.0.4.5).

I don't get a crash when I check the recipes in NEI, but they simply don't show up...

Folke

Jul 29, 2019
The recipes do not show up for me either, what I meant was updating NEI and plugins fixed the crash issue I was having after setting forestry 2 up.

As for the recipes, we shall have to wait until the plugins are updated :(

monkeybananas

Jul 29, 2019
First is the exact one that doesn't work. It's currently giving me a trojan message and even circumventing it didn't do wonders either. Right click save as didn't as well.

thatsIch

Jul 29, 2019
First is the exact one that doesn't work. It's currently giving me a trojan message and even circumventing it didn't do wonders either. Right click save as didn't as well.

you will get this error all time, if you don't switch up your anti-virus program or configure it for your needs[DOUBLEPOST=1359301287][/DOUBLEPOST]
Install forestry 2, start game, you will crash, go to minecraft/config/forestry and open base.conf, find I:grafter=***** and change existing id to 13551

Sent using Tapatalk 2

please be aware, that after using your own IDs, you may not mix with the default anymore or take risks loosing your current Forestry Setup you will build. Even though FTB Mods tends to keep your current config, but if you loose it, you either need to restablish the config in all mods or give upon your current world.

AnDroid

Jul 29, 2019
please be aware, that after using your own IDs, you may not mix with the default anymore or take risks loosing your current Forestry Setup you will build. Even though FTB Mods tends to keep your current config, but if you loose it, you either need to restablish the config in all mods or give upon your current world.

Sengir sad that FTB do not keep default configs so i see no problems with id changing :)

ThemsAllTook

Jul 29, 2019
I just updated to Forestry 2.0.0.2 today. Things seem to work pretty well, though I had to make the Grafter fix mentioned earlier in the thread. NEI doesn't show me carpenter recipes (and presumably not other Forestry-machine-specific recipes), so I guess we'll have to wait for an NEIPlugins update. Hope it comes soon! Anyone played with the new machines yet? I've barely started on arboriculture as added by 1.7.0.0, so it's going to take me a little while to catch up.