Updating gregtech

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all I'm stuck, I want to update gregtech past what it is on my ultimate 1.1.2 world, to get access to the better machine upgrades such as the larger energy storage upgrades. Which I think are not included at the moment.
I can only find the lithium battery upgrade but I want to add the energy orb upgrades

So essentially I want to add a 1.5.2 version of gregtech to the ultimate 1.1.2 pack.

I thought I could just drag and drop the updates into the mod folder but I'm never that lucky and I just get black screen.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Sent from my Ipad

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
Well thanks for the reply.

Looks like it s time to delete my world and move onto 1.5 beta.

But I just wondered if there was some sort of config setup or something.

Malkuth

Jul 29, 2019
You would have to upgrade your map from 1.4.7 to 1.5.2.. And pretty much drop Feed The Beast in the process.

Totally possible to do it.. I did.

The 1.5.2 Beta has other mods in it that were not part of 1.4.7. I just created pretty much Ultimate without xycraft or redpower... And decided not to do Mystcraft at the same time...

But might change my mind on that to get the world gen going again.

vodkablue

Jul 29, 2019
The one thing that I really don't want to lose is my redpower mining space ship that drops 16 mining wells, and gives me tonnes of resources but I may just go back to the traditional quarry setup

But if this is the only way to get the better gregtech upgrades I think I may just leave the mining ship going overnight and update tomorrow and profit

@malkuth thanks for the heads up gonna check out your YouTube now.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Play resonant rise..It's a 1.5 pack which will allow you to use GregTech.
I don't know if it's got gregtech in it by default but I'm sure you could add it