Update to 1.4.5

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
I was just wondering if there has been news of a 1.4.5 update for FTB. As far as I'm aware just about every mod has been updated. Was hoping we could think about updating the server I play on since TC3 is out now. Haven't seen any news posts or tweets from slowpoke about FTB in a while.

So any idea?

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds about right. My personal impression from DW20's server series is just that. Though, it may also be a hold while awaiting Equivalent Exchange 3, which is an important component to creating the FTB pyramid and may also very well be a holding point. Of course without official word, they could bloody well hit us all over the head with some sort of randomness too. Trolling for love. :p

And with the indications so far, everything in every mod is a flying leap farther ahead from what the first pyramid FTB map uses. I cannot begin to imagine what kind of evil Slowpoke is going to conjure with the updated mods, let alone Xycraft and Thaumcraft involved in all probability. o_O

Whatever is coming, it was ooze, bleed, breathe, and fart concentrated awesome. :eek:

zemerick

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds about right. My personal impression from DW20's server series is just that. Though, it may also be a hold while awaiting Equivalent Exchange 3, which is an important component to creating the FTB pyramid and may also very well be a holding point. Of course without official word, they could bloody well hit us all over the head with some sort of randomness too. Trolling for love. :p

And with the indications so far, everything in every mod is a flying leap farther ahead from what the first pyramid FTB map uses. I cannot begin to imagine what kind of evil Slowpoke is going to conjure with the updated mods, let alone Xycraft and Thaumcraft involved in all probability. o_O

Whatever is coming, it was ooze, bleed, breathe, and fart concentrated awesome. :eek:

EE3 is open source, so you can see the exact progress. However, it really is very new still. As of now, the Minium Stone remains the only object. ( Well, P-Stone might finally be working if you built EE3 yourself, but it'd just be the same as a Minium Stone atm. ) He's currently working on Bags and a few other backend stuff.

Fuzzzie

Jul 29, 2019
See this thread I just posted.

Awesome. Thanks for the update. Sorry I didn't see the thread. I've been busy today!

Great news on RP2 too! With TC3 out now and EE3's 2nd pre-release supposedly due any day now, I can't wait to sink my teeth into a new world with all this cool stuff.

My only hope is that Mojang doesn't plop out another damn update that sets everything back another 2 weeks!

Cheers!

BanzaiBlitz

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps the best part of MC 1.5 is they should be getting the mod API set up so mods will stop breaking each update. Due in January, if I remember the news post on the MC forums. :D

Darlock Ahe

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps the best part of MC 1.5 is they should be getting the mod API set up so mods will stop breaking each update. Due in January, if I remember the news post on the MC forums. :D

That is false information, there will be no mod API in January.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 is the redstone update, basically working on fixing everything to do with redstone and changing how it behaves (more of an analogue signal rather than a digital one).

Oodahn

Jul 29, 2019
1.5 is the redstone update, basically working on fixing everything to do with redstone and changing how it behaves (more of an analogue signal rather than a digital one).
I give no f@#&$ about redstone, so for me personally, once FTB is updated with all the top mods I'll be sticking with 1.4.5 for quite a long time.

Reactions: Thuulstrea

Rick

Jul 29, 2019
Other ppl like me do care about redstone.

And seriously loaders and unloaders in vanilla minecraft is something that they should have done ages ago. I just hope they do it like the railcraft ones and dont fuck it up.

Lathanael

Jul 29, 2019
I give no f@#&$ about redstone, so for me personally, once FTB is updated with all the top mods I'll be sticking with 1.4.5 for quite a long time.

Hopefully you won't need to. We plan to update often so the pack stays up-to-date with the mods and with Minecraft.

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
It will most likely come out when Redpower is released, which, last I heard, there was 3 serious bugs remaining. So hopefully very soon.

Kagbok

Jul 29, 2019
As of a couple of days ago, Extra Biomes was still broken in the latest 1.4.5 versions of forge, so that's another reason to wait.

Rick

Jul 29, 2019
So anyone know how to get the FTB launcher to download minecraft 1.4.5? Iam trying to manually update the pack but it keeps using 1.4.2....

Mikey_R

Jul 29, 2019
You can't use the FTB launcher, you will have to do the modding yourself.

When they update the FTB pack to 1.4.5 then it will do it automatically.

Rick

Jul 29, 2019
No iam manually dumping the mods in the mod folder just i want ftb to use minecraft 1.4.5 instead of 1.4.2