Unidentified Developer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

WitherBlaster

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime I try to run the FTB Launcher, my computer won't let me because "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers." Is there any chance that the FTB team is going to give the Launcher an 'identified developer'?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
I think if you Hold down Control key, then either left or right click on the FTB icon, and choose "Open" from the menu, that will change the settings for FTB, and it will be able to open normally from then on. Try that.

Reactions: Wagon153

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Anytime I try to run the FTB Launcher, my computer won't let me because "Your security preferences allow installation of only apps from the Mac App Store and identified developers." Is there any chance that the FTB team is going to give the Launcher an 'identified developer'?
FTB doesn't have the authority to do that. Only Apple does.

NanoVampire

Jul 29, 2019
It's in settings go to system preferences and look around there you will find the option to let 3rd party developers run things on your computer

Sources:Fellow mac user

TheGamingGeneral

Jul 29, 2019
Cmon u use a Mac I refuse to help you then!

Ps go in system preferences go to privacy I think and click open anyways

Sent from YO MAMMA!

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
Dang it! I'm tired of having to go back and forth between my home computer (which has no internet) and school computer (which is the accursed Mac)!

If this is on a school computer then your user permissions are most likely tightly controlled by an IT Administration Group some place. You could ask for the appropriate permissions but having worked in IT for 35+ years I would say the permissions are tightly controlled for a good reason.

Pro Tip: Schools used to (and may still) be hotbeds of malware activity, back when everything was done with floppies (look it up :D) because nobody not working in the industry believed viruses existed or could hurt you, hence the strict controls. School systems without strict disk quotas quickly run out of disk space because of downloaded music and videos... I had one high school that had this problem because a "Computer Science" teacher showed kids how to CTRL-C out of the login script that set up all the quotas, and consequently the shared printers, which was the problem I was there to fix.

We had a buddy just format a bootable floppy on a school system, which we then proceeded to clean of no less than 30 viruses just to show him how his home computer got so torqued.