Problem Unable to connect to webpages, if server is on.

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
I have the following problem: When I start my minecraft server, after roughly 10-20 minutes, all PCs in the network get problems to connect to webpages. I don´t have problems running Teamspeak, also if I get through, the website loads super fast, so it should not be a bandwidth problem. I´ve already looked at it in wireshark and it looks like my server is clogging up the ports 80 and 443, but I´m no professional in that. As soon as I turn off the minecraft server, everything runs fine again.
Specs:
Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz)
8 Gigs of Ram
My startup parameters: java -server -Xms32M -Xmx6144M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRation=5 -XXMaxHeapFreeRation=20 -jar -FTBServer-1.7.10-1263.jar -nogui
Additional Information: I´ve hosted Horizons before with no problems, It doesn´t matter whether somebody joins the server or not.

bgsteiner

Jul 29, 2019
Request for info
What modpack and version are you running?
Have you made any changes to the default pack?

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
I´m running FTBServer-1.7.10-1263 without any changes. It worked fine for about a month. Could it be related to a block that was placed?

Last edited:

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
no mod in any of the packs should be sending out that much data that it clogs up your internet. did you add any mods? are there lots of ppl on your server? do you have a web server running?

the only info you gave is when minecraft is running my internet sucks.......

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
the only info you gave is when minecraft is running my internet sucks.......
I´m sorry that I cannot be more specific. It´s as cryptic for me as it is for you.
I didn´t add any mods, I didn´t change the config files of the mods I´ve just downloaded the package from http://www.feed-the-beast.com/server-download, unpacked it and started it with the parameters stated in the line above. Since then it has been running and is being used by up to 5 people at a time. The only other thing running on my server is a mumble server, but since I only get a slowdown when I start the minecraft server, I´m quite confident, it has nothing to do with it.

Last edited:

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
I´ve been trying to fix it for the last few days and have made following observations:
1. Running the server on my Gaming PC does have the same effect.
2. Making a new map seems to resolve the Problem, though I am afraid of the same thing happening again, so that´s not what I want to do.
3. It takes ages to start the server, no matter if it is a new map or the one that is causing the Problem, this could be related to my java parameters.
I´ve uploaded the logs, there you can see that some mods take very long to load (EQ takes a total of 570 sec, so over 9 minutes), which is probably not normal
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yuedn33xkj21ift/fml-server-latest.log.

Connor Gavitt

Jul 29, 2019
I have the following problem: When I start my minecraft server, after roughly 10-20 minutes, all PCs in the network get problems to connect to webpages. I don´t have problems running Teamspeak, also if I get through, the website loads super fast, so it should not be a bandwidth problem. I´ve already looked at it in wireshark and it looks like my server is clogging up the ports 80 and 443, but I´m no professional in that. As soon as I turn off the minecraft server, everything runs fine again.
Specs:
Intel® Core™ i3-4150 Processor (3M Cache, 3.50 GHz)
8 Gigs of Ram
My startup parameters: java -server -Xms32M -Xmx6144M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRation=5 -XXMaxHeapFreeRation=20 -jar -FTBServer-1.7.10-1263.jar -nogui
Additional Information: I´ve hosted Horizons before with no problems, It doesn´t matter whether somebody joins the server or not.
Websites use ports 80 and 443 (SSL) and if they are taken you won't be using them for your web browser, your minecraft server should never be using these ports as the default port is 25565. I suggest you post your server.properties and fully reboot the computer.

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Here is my server.properties.
#Minecraft server properties
#Sat Jan 10 18:42:21 CET 2015
generator-settings=
use-native-transport=true
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=true
announce-player-achievements=false
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=AltTabMeIsTheBest
server-ip=
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=false
difficulty=1
enable-command-block=false
player-idle-timeout=0
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
generate-structures=true
spawn-protection=3
motd=\u00A7d AltTabMe Server Horsted by Euchale

As you can see the server is running on the standard port.
I´ve reinstalled my system already, because I thought, maybe it´s a problem with Ubunutu, but it didn´t help.
If you guys want, I have uploaded my world. Maybe this can help you: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jkr9p1zlc8ihdi7/world.7z

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Since I could not fix this Problem, I figured I might as well change to a different modpack. So I´ve started up Direwolf, it was running for 30 minutes and I had the same Problem again. After extensive testing, I always seem to get the Problem after this step:

[22:21:55] [ic2-poolthread-1/INFO] [IC2]: UU graph built with 7960 nodes after 18444 ms.
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -47
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -15
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -17
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -19
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension -20
[22:22:43] [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1

Other things I´ve figured out by now:
  • It doesn´t matter on which PC in my network I run it on, they get the same problem
  • It´s always after roughly 30-50 seconds after this.
  • It takes a VERY long time until the next step comes and it looks like this:
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6a0d51b0 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 338c4d39 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6a851c1f (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6c47c227 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6658ffe1 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 4d73bf31 (world) may have leaked: first encounter (5 occurences).
[22:23:23] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[22:24:08] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: Gathering id map for writing to world save world
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6a0d51b0 (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 338c4d39 (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6a851c1f (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6c47c227 (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 6658ffe1 (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.
[22:24:13] [Server thread/DEBUG] [FML/]: The world 4d73bf31 (world) may have leaked: seen 10 times.

Any ideas? Could it be something entirely else? I am using a Dynamic DNS.

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
For Direwolf:
Code:
cd "$(dirname "$0")"
if [ ! -f minecraft_server.1.7.10.jar ]; then
   echo "running install script!"
   ./FTBInstall.sh
fi
echo "make sure to read eula.txt before playing!"
java -server -Xms2048m -Xmx6144m -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1272.jar nogui
For FTB Ressurection:
Code:
java -server -Xms32M -Xmx6144M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=2 -XX:MinHeapFreeRation=5 -XXMaxHeapFreeRation=20 -jar -FTBServer-1.7.10-1263.jar -nogui
I have already tried to reduce the parameters to the following, to see if this changes anything:
Code:
 java -server -Xms2048m -Xmx3072m -jar FTBServer-1.7.10-1272.jar nogui
But it didn´t help.

Just to explain my Problem again: About 50 sec after " [Server thread/INFO] [FML]: Unloading dimension 1" I become unable to connect to webpages. If I have something already running like for example a twitch stream, it runs just fine.
Looking at my router I use roughly 2-5% more bandwidth once I turn it on, which equals to approx. 10% of available bandwidth used.
I have already:
-Reinstalled my system
-Thus also updated Java
-Tried it on a different PC with different OS where I get the same problem
-tried a vanilla minecraft server which ran fine for several hours.
-hosted Horizons in the 2 month before without any problems

It was:
-running for roughly 2 weeks without any problems (I´ve set the server up 3 days or so after release)
-the problems started at the 29th or 30th of December last year

I have this problem with:
-FTB Resurrection 1.7.10
-Direwolf 1.7.10 (v1.0.3)

Server.properties is here:
#Minecraft server properties
#Sat Jan 10 18:42:21 CET 2015
generator-settings=
use-native-transport=true
op-permission-level=4
allow-nether=true
level-name=world
enable-query=false
allow-flight=true
announce-player-achievements=false
server-port=25565
level-type=DEFAULT
enable-rcon=false
force-gamemode=false
level-seed=AltTabMeIsTheBest
server-ip=
max-build-height=256
spawn-npcs=true
white-list=false
spawn-animals=true
snooper-enabled=true
hardcore=false
online-mode=true
resource-pack=
pvp=false
difficulty=1
enable-command-block=false
player-idle-timeout=0
gamemode=0
max-players=20
spawn-monsters=true
view-distance=10
generate-structures=true
spawn-protection=3
motd=\u00A7d AltTabMe Server Horsted by Euchale
World can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jkr9p1zlc8ihdi7/world.7z
And the latest log here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yuedn33xkj21ift/fml-server-latest.log

Last edited:

tindin

Jul 29, 2019
pastebin.com for logs

the only thing that would cause this is a mass sending off information from or to the server. If it is out gong info then i would say that you have a realy bad mod in your mods that you shopuldnt have put int here. If it's in coming then maby find out where it's coming from.

TLDR: FTB servers have nothing to do with sending out information that would block your websites from loading

Euchale

Jul 29, 2019
Pastebin told me filesize is too big, that´s why I´ve uploaded it elsewhere.
I am using the standard mods, I didn´t add any new ones/change configs of the mod. This is why it´s so weird for me.

Anyway thanks for your time. Since I couldn´t get it to work, I decided to get a host. Let´s hope it works there.